News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Zeitgeist - The Movie

Farted by Loki Clock, June 23, 2007, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor

Quote from: ampm;1246555Well, the Egyptians came before the Christians, as did many of those other religions.

Yes, and many of the comparisons they made are meaningless. They got the fight between Horus and Seht all wrong, their positions as gods and the reason for their fighting, and the crucifictions they pointed to in other religions did not happen (within the context of the religion's own lore). If they can't be bothered to get their facts straight, then the conclusions they draw from are skewed, warped, adulterated, and for the most part just made up.

Loki Clock

Quote from: ampm;1246555Well, the Egyptians came before the Christians, as did many of those other religions.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

THE HELVETICA SCENARIO

Quote from: ampm;1242323No man, the point is that its all one big rip off, does it really matter when stuff was made?

Er, not even a rip off, more like their versions of the same phenomenon.

In other words, a rip off.

Why won´t people just call a spade a spade?
[u2]aY7XH2ulTEU[/u2]

THE HELVETICA SCENARIO

Whoa this is ages old, I just skim-read some of the posts from before.
I seems like we (but mostly me) have made BlackBerry leave again.  The first was because he said he didn´t like the CC´s dark humour. (Or words close to that effect)  In actuality he was pissed off that a few of us simply were Atheists or trolled him.  When he left someone even commented it was only because we were Atheists.

He came back and got pissed off again after I dragged it for a long time taking it seriously (which everyone bit) and now I ain´t seen him.
It´s sad when Religion divides people.  Hope he comes back.
[u2]aY7XH2ulTEU[/u2]

DWARFINATORclock

THE HELVETICA SCENARIO

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1266982Sup Blackmagic?

Yo, come to Spain.
[u2]aY7XH2ulTEU[/u2]

AlbinoClock

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BlackberryClock

Quote from: Blackmagic;1266971Whoa this is ages old, I just skim-read some of the posts from before.
I seems like we (but mostly me) have made BlackBerry leave again.  The first was because he said he didn´t like the CC´s dark humour. (Or words close to that effect)  In actuality he was pissed off that a few of us simply were Atheists or trolled him.  When he left someone even commented it was only because we were Atheists.

He came back and got pissed off again after I dragged it for a long time taking it seriously (which everyone bit) and now I ain´t seen him.
It´s sad when Religion divides people.  Hope he comes back.
You are really full of yourself.

THE HELVETICA SCENARIO

Quote from: BlackberryClock;1267214You are really full of yourself.

:(
[u2]aY7XH2ulTEU[/u2]

Inquisitor

This has derailed further than the Kosovo Thread

BlackberryClock

Quote from: Blackmagic;1267325:(
It was unfair of me to say that without elaboration, so I'll do that now.

The reason I think you're full of yourself is because you claimed that you were mostly the reason I left (actually a long time ago and not the most recent time) and because our your self-serving political/religious views in which it seems you do not analyze your own opinions critically. Choose your poison: you can be closed-minded and intellectually dishonest on both sides of the religious debate.
Also, my opinion of you is still damaged by what you had said in this thread. Whether you were joking or not, it is clear that you have no respect for the views or beliefs of others if they conflict with your own M.O. Your overall contribution to my leaving was less in what happened in this thread and more of how your actions here made me realize that a lot of the people I highly (or use to) respect here hold views I find despicable or at least they lack the ability to respectfully address the views of others.

Also, I'm assuming you haven't had an epiphany in the last year.
btw i dont hate u

Marlin Clock

Quote from: Balsac the Jaws of Death;1267603This has derailed further than the Kosovo Thread
It's nine months old, those sorts of things tend to happen.

Marlin Clock

Quote from: ZeitmiserZeitmesser;1246472Most of those connections are baseless and otherwise under faulty reasoning. It's as good as a neowitch worshipping every fire god in every religion as different names for the same fire god.

Also, get it right, people! Judaism is rooted in Zoroastrianism, not the ancient Egyptian religion! This is basic knowledge.
Zoroastrianism didn't exist until more than two hundred years after Moses.

Loki Clock

Quote from: Marlix Wright;1267655Zoroastrianism didn't exist until more than two hundred years after Moses.

True, but a long part of early Judaism was developed within the Persian Empire, and it's very obvious that it greatly influenced Jewish beliefs.

Marlin Clock

Quote from: ZeitmiserZeitmesser;1267783True, but a long part of early Judaism was developed within the Persian Empire, and it's very obvious that it greatly influenced Jewish beliefs.
I don't believe that. They refused to bow to the Egyptian, Babylonian, and Assyrian gods when they were assimilated before, what would change just because they were taken under the control of another powerful country and its religion.

Inquisitor

Quote from: Marlix Wright;1267942I don't believe that. They refused to bow to the Egyptian, Babylonian, and Assyrian gods when they were assimilated before, what would change just because they were taken under the control of another powerful country and its religion.

Actually, judaism was heavily influenced by other middle-eastern cultures. According to Misquoting Jesus(a very interesting book on who changed the bible: where, when, and why) archeological evidence suggests that the "fall" of Jericho happened before the Isrealites even entered the region, implying that Joshua was more likely a local folk hero that the Hebrews adopted as their own as a way of justifying their presence in the region. If this is true then it wouldn't be a stretch for the Jews to have adopted a bunch of other local customs.

Loki Clock

Quote from: Marlix Wright;1267942I don't believe that. They refused to bow to the Egyptian, Babylonian, and Assyrian gods when they were assimilated before, what would change just because they were taken under the control of another powerful country and its religion.

It's not bowing down to someone to be influenced by their ideas. And it's hardly bowing down to anything- to all but the most generalizing, God and Satan are quite obviously greatly different from Spenta Mainyu and Angra Mainyu.

THE HELVETICA SCENARIO

Quote from: BlackberryClock;1267631It was unfair of me to say that without elaboration, so I'll do that now.

The reason I think you're full of yourself is because you claimed that you were mostly the reason I left (actually a long time ago and not the most recent time) and because our your self-serving political/religious views in which it seems you do not analyze your own opinions critically. Choose your poison: you can be closed-minded and intellectually dishonest on both sides of the religious debate.
Also, my opinion of you is still damaged by what you had said in this thread. Whether you were joking or not, it is clear that you have no respect for the views or beliefs of others if they conflict with your own M.O. Your overall contribution to my leaving was less in what happened in this thread and more of how your actions here made me realize that a lot of the people I highly (or use to) respect here hold views I find despicable or at least they lack the ability to respectfully address the views of others.

Also, I'm assuming you haven't had an epiphany in the last year.
btw i dont hate u

You really take everything I say seriously you know. But <3
[u2]aY7XH2ulTEU[/u2]

BlackberryClock

Quote from: Blackmagic;1268219You really take everything I say seriously you know. But <3
You hide behind making a joke of everything. Yes?