News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Brief reviews of movies you saw recently

Farted by StrangeClock, October 13, 2005, 05:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solenoidclock

Sin city - five

De-lovely - zero

Hitchhiker's guide - three

The wall - five

Kim possible- A Sitch in time "in chinese"  - two

The leprachaun 4 - two

the demented cartoon movie - one
Quote from: FlondermenKlok;1578925I wonder if I could get really obese and masturbate by jiggling my fat around.

Masquatto

Well, today my friends and I rented a movie, and then saw its sequel on openning night.

Saw - 10/10
Really exciting to watch. Had a great ending, and the overall story was very well though-out.

Saw 2 - 10/10
Equally as exciting and awesome.

Watch them both.
At gmail

Slurpee

(spoilers okay)

Saw 2 - 4/5 All of Lion's Gate Films' movies I've seen (that would be this and Cry Wolf) end with the bad guy revealing he or she's been making puns the entire movie. Cry Wolf must have subconciously put that idea in my head, (that and Jigsaw's stupid "in front of your eyes" wording,) because we spent the whole movie looking for those rediculous puns. "Your son is in a safe place," indeed. The shock ending was suprising, but not entirely fulfilling, as it felt a little too M. Night Shyamalan in nature. The psychotic motherfucker that cut the back of his head was technically playing the game better than anyone else was, even though it didn't seem like it. He had the survival shit down.

Weather Man - 5/5 We made perhaps the luckiest theater hopping choice ever and ended up watching this movie about people throwing things on Nicholous Cage. Rarely do I find "This man's life sucks. Watch it continue to suck." plots to be particularly engaging, but this story had me hook line and sinker. I even got to liking the little fat girl after a while. Michael Cain has the magic ability to make you feel uncomfortable just by talking. This movie is almost worth it just for that.

Masquatto

I've never seen Cry Wolf... :0
I thought the whole ending moments tied it together nicely, from the recorded video feed to the father getting captured.
Perhaps working with others is considered a survival skill.
At gmail

Losperman

The Legend of Zorro

4.5/10 - I wasn't the biggest fan of the first movie, but this one was actually worse. The plot and dramatic events were, for the most part, fine. It was the action and comedy that ruined this movie. Choreographed action and fighting scenes are ok with me. Ridiculously over-the-top action and fighting scenes that strain to be as creative and animated as possible are not. I know that most movies are not realistic, and I know that Zorro is a fictional character, but come on. The comedy, likewise, seems forced in many areas, and I got the feeling this was done to acheive a more family-friendly film. The central theme of family might have given it away too, but they hammered at that point all too well. They could just as well made this into a cartoon.

In all, it was alright. I laughed a couple of times. Catherine Zeta-Jones was hot a couple of times. And I even thought that was pretty cool a couple of times. But the cheesy action, predictable comedy, and that annoying son took too much away from it for me to like it.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

BoulderClock

Big Fish  10/10

This movie is so great. It touches you in places you never knew you had. You know what? Im not even gonnna tell you what its a bout because i want you all to see this movie for yourselves.

LeekClock

Quote from: BoulderClockBig Fish  10/10

This movie is so great. It touches you in places you never knew you had. You know what? Im not even gonnna tell you what its a bout because i want you all to see this movie for yourselves.

My turn

Big Fish 2/5

Ewan McGreggor bores me.

The 2 is for the Buscemi action.

chocolatechipclock

Quote from: LeekClockMy turn

Big Fish 2/5

Ewan McGreggor bores me.

Big Fish was great, and deserves a 10/10.  I don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway,

Minority Report: 9/10
Taxi Driver: 7/10

If I feel like late it I'll ellaborate on why.

SilverCherryClock

Big Fish 2/5

Ewan McGreggor bores me.

I liked it  :(

StrangeClock

Sin City
I missed it in theaters, and it was finally available at the video rental. Aw, mang. I can't remember ever seeing a movie that so strongly defies typical Hollywood compromising with what producers deem the audience demands. Fantastic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Munglai

Big Fish 2/5

Ewan McGreggor bores me.

But it's not about Ewan McGreggor :x:

StrangeClock

Batman Begins
I was waiting for this and Sin City to hit the video store, and here it finally was. Very good, like Leek and Losper said. A great and refreshing realistic take on the Batman concept. Tim Burton's versions have their charm, but Batman Begins definitely sets us up for a new generation of excellent Batman movies, I think. The film also managed to tell a LOT in a short span of time, though the quick montages during the first quarter/third of the movie got me feeling a little hasty occasionally. And though I respect the realism, I would've liked to see Scarecrow in full costume... but I guess he's still out there, so it's possible.

Pretty much all the cast was great, but Michael Caine was very likeable especially.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LeekClock

Broken Flowers - 3/5

Put it this way, if it wasn't Bill Murray, I would have scored it 1/5

SilverCherryClock

Lord of War
4/5

Nicholas Cage makes a comeback. Not what I expected, but I wasn't disappointed.

ChocolateCoffin

The Hole 2/5

Bland, but Keira Knightly tit-shot...

DurianClock

Saw II: 4.5/5
They sure do know how to make sequels.

chocolatechipclock

Saw 2: 9.5/10

What an excellent sequel!  The movie was very tense, bloody, an horrifying.   It really lived up to the first one, however, this movie reminded me more of Cube than Saw 1, in that there were more conflicts among the characters than with the killer.  The deaths were very creative and horrific.  However, you shouldn't watch this movie if you're squemish.

Anyway, the ending is very shocking.  It had me stunned with my mouth open for a long time.  Also, the editing in the end made it look like an Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, Pi) film.  The music score really complemented the whole movie.

Overall, it was great.  Go see it now.

chocolatechipclock

True Romance: 9.5/10

This movie was very good.  The love story really touched me in a way most movies just don't.  Also, it was written by Tarantino, so there was much of his signature dailouge.  The only thing keeping it short of classic status is that it wasn't written and directed by Tarantino.  However, it was very good.  Don't watch it expected to see Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, but it is definently worth seeing.

WackyClock

Quote from: KefkaClockForrest Gump: 5/5

That's probably my favorite movie. Tom Hanks was brilliant!  :D  :fifen:
My CS project
First one to click gets 1000000 $!!!
fy_pool_day (CD06)
Send to Clockday 2006  collection now!

Make flash not war

chocolatechipclock

The Straight Story: 8/10

Heartwarming -  not your typical Lynch.  It may not seem feasible that David Lynch would create a rated G movie, but he did.  The shock value was gone, however, the camera style was still pretty "Lynchy".
This was a pretty good tale, however the ending is a bit unsatisfying.  Some parts are a bit slow and boring, but it's pretty decent.  Rent The Straight Story if you have to watch a movie with children.  It is good for all ages.