News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Brief reviews of movies you saw recently

Farted by StrangeClock, October 13, 2005, 05:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrangeClock

It's technically not a movie, but I watched it in one sitting, so:

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Were the animators related to Yoink? Most of the characters had a serious giraffe complex. I felt like I was watching a far less detailed Aeon Flux. I don't really like this curvy/pointy style of art & animation either, nor the strong cliché anime influences (such as excessive posturing, hyperactive movements, and some genuine DBZ moments like Mace Windu AJAJAJAJA punching droids and Anakin looking like a damn saiyan while sacrificing his robot hand to destroy the reactor that was turning the wolf people into lard beavers). The exaggerated, flashy action left me a little numb. I'm definitely not part of its target audience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chocolatechipclock

The Corporation: 10/10

This is the best documentry I have ever seen (even better than Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11).  Before seeing this I never really thought how imperialistic and tyrannical most corporations are, but now I realize how much control they really have over the world.  The documentry is in three parts.  The first part explains how a corporation is considered to be a person by the government, and that every characteristic of a corporation is that of a psycho.   Other parts talk about how they target children in advertizing, exploit 3rd world countries, and biological damage.  However, it also shows how many people have taken a stand - and won against corporations, to show it is possible.  Talking about the movie doesn't really do justice to it, so do yourself a favor and go watch this movie by however means you can possibly find it.  It's a very informative, tragic, and powerful film.

PearClock

Zebraman

Awesome parody on superhero movies , haha ^^ Its about this loser teacher , his wife is cheating on him , his daughter is heading for prostitution and his students dont respect him at all . He watched a superhero show called Zebraman when he was a kid and hes a big fan of that even though the show got cancelled due to too few people watching it . So one day when hes cosplaying as Zebraman he discovers he has Zebraman powers ^^
Alot of wild adventures follow , and in the end the new Zebraman faces the alien of aliens in an attempt to save the world .
Great movie , with corny powerranger-like special effects ^^
Best part has to be when cute little Kazuki * Zebramans son* goes " come on , fly , dammit"  mwaha ^^

Zebraman and Zebranurse ( ZEBURANAAAAAAASU)

Munglai

Quote from: StrangeClockIt's technically not a movie, but I watched it in one sitting, so:

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Were the animators related to Yoink? Most of the characters had a serious giraffe complex. I felt like I was watching a far less detailed Aeon Flux. I don't really like this curvy/pointy style of art & animation either, nor the strong cliché anime influences (such as excessive posturing, hyperactive movements, and some genuine DBZ moments like Mace Windu AJAJAJAJA punching droids and Anakin looking like a damn saiyan while sacrificing his robot hand to destroy the reactor that was turning the wolf people into lard beavers). The exaggerated, flashy action left me a little numb. I'm definitely not part of its target audience.

I really like big pointy exaggerated postures and poses and stuff, but the action was a bit more Dragonballish than normal Star Wars action which is more lasery samuraiish. Samuel L. Jackson looked funny.

m. marbles

Pulp Fiction 8/10
Which wallet is it? The one that says bad motherfucker.

Fear and Loathing 20/10
No comment required, none at all.

Battle Royale 7/10
Killing, Chinks, Killing Chinks

Requiem For a Dream 9/10
Cripplingly sad :(

Suck me off

chocolatechipclock

Quote from: BluebeetClockPulp Fiction 8/10

That's an awefully low rating for the best movie ever.

LeekClock

Quote from: BluebeetClockFear and Loathing 20/10
No comment required, none at all.

Overrated; i'd give it a 7.

ChickenClock

Der Untergang  10/10

I've seen this one a long time ago but wanted to share my opinion about it. Though I was expecting some more action, it's stil an amazing movie. It greatly visualizes the madness and insanity of the nazis those last few days of the third reich.
The actors are almost authentic to the characters they played. Also I advise to you that you'd watch the original German version, and not the dubbed English version.

Munglai

Quote from: BluebeetClockBattle Royale 7/10
Killing, Chinks, Killing Chinks

They're japs you stupid fucking coon.

MapClock

Unbreakable
0/5
This was the most boring movie I have ever wasted my time watching. It had several minutes of any interest, but other than that it was all slow paced and boring.
Yup

SilverCherryClock

Quote from: MenglaiThey're japs you stupid fucking coon.

I thought chink was a term for all Asians.

Munglai

Quote from: SilverCherryClockI thought chink was a term for all Asians.

No a chink is a chinese person. Asian people are fish.

GuillotineClock

Zathura 7/10 it was somewhat good. i wouldnt say great though

Craisin

Harry Potter 4 : 10/10

This movie was the shit. I can't compare it to the books since I've never read them. However this movie makes me ALMSOT want to go read the next book instead of waiting for it to come to theatres.

Also; even though she is jailbait Hermione is FAP fodder. Believe that.

SilverCherryClock

What's Eating Gilbert Grape
3.5/5

The movie was mildly depressing and hard to relate to at times (I'm sure others would disagree), but overall somewhat good. The acting was probably the highest point in the movie. Johnny Depp's performance as Gilbert was great, in particular. The plot is a bit weak, but just enough to keep me interested. Overall, not too bad of a film, I'd recommend seeing it.

g0nz0

GAY PENGUINS MARCHING
0/5
SUPER GAY AND BORRING, MORGAN FREEMAN SHOULD STOP NARRARATING FILMS

LeekClock

king kong - 3.5/5

Fantastic adventure movie, but i wasn't completely satisfied by it. Didn't quite hit the spot. Jack Black was actually very good for his role though, and there are some great visuals.

Arctic

Quote from: AssholeUnbreakable
0/5
This was the most boring movie I have ever wasted my time watching. It had several minutes of any interest, but other than that it was all slow paced and boring.

Seriously, go kill yourself. I would enjoy that very much.

I just saw Chronicles of Narnia tonight and I'd say overall I really liked the film.  I had problems with the story and feeling as though they rushed it to fit it all in.  It seemed like a slow paced discovery of the wardrobe and the world and the next minute they're in battle.  I wish I could kick that little girl in the face.  Worst actor of the year award.

I would also love to bring up Ocean's Twelve because I feel it's highly underappreciated.  I didn't get to see it in the theatre's because I predicted it to be a flop and everyone who went and saw it told me it was crap.  I saw it on DVD and the cinematography made me jizz my pants.  So Wes Anderson-ish.  The story wasn't as bad as everyone made it out as.  I mean the fact they used Julia Roberts as herself was pretty gay, but I didn't think it was that bad of a film.

Now if anyone can tell me if they've found a way to see thumbsucker or not and if it was any good I'd love you.

chocolatechipclock

Quote from: StrawpegarrotClockSeriously, go kill yourself. I would enjoy that very much.

I would also love to bring up Ocean's Twelve because I feel it's highly underappreciated.

March of the Penguins was pretty decent.  However, if Morgan Freeman wasn't narrating it, it definently would have sucked.  I'd give it 7.5/10.

I never saw Ocean's 12, but Ocean's 11 was terrible.  I have no clue why anyone ever liked that film.

Losperman

Quote from: StrawpegarrotClockI just saw Chronicles of Narnia tonight and I'd say overall I really liked the film.  I had problems with the story and feeling as though they rushed it to fit it all in.  It seemed like a slow paced discovery of the wardrobe and the world and the next minute they're in battle.  I wish I could kick that little girl in the face.  Worst actor of the year award.

For the most part, I have to agree. After the fairly slow beginning, I expected the movie to last longer. Another slight problem I had was the realism. Yes, I know it's a fantasy story for kids. But when I see hundreds of people getting stabbed, clubbed, and sliced and I don't see one drop of blood, something's wrong. Also, the women in this movie are nearly completely useless. The little girl gets a knife. When does she use it? The big girl gets a bow that "never misses". When does whe use it? Once. Pointless. Yes, this movie conveys the traditional Christian belief in forgiveness. It also conveys that men should lead the pack (like a... lion) and women are either whiney and useless, or evil, ice hearted tyrants.

But the queen and her little Oompa Loompa were awesome.

2/5

Edit:

Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn: