News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Brief reviews of movies you saw recently

Farted by StrangeClock, October 13, 2005, 05:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverCherryClock

Quote from: SilverCherryClock on October 19, 2005, 05:57:51 PM
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
4/5

Short summary of the movie: Better than two, not as good as one. This is probably enough for most people, but I'll go into more detail.
Long Summary: Yes, the movie was a little on the short side. Something like an hour and 40 minutes. However, this movie restored my faith in the Terminator series, which was toppled by the sub-par T2.
Don't get me wrong, T2 is pretty good. But it's hard to think of the terminator as a hero after being the enemy in the first film. This movie was necessary, however, to make the terminator in T3 a more acceptable character.
Personally, I think being a mindless robot is Arnold Shwarzeneger's true calling (he's not too good of an actor as anything else). He plays the part suprisingly well. Aside from him, the movie does have some good acting.
I guess what really got me was the FX. The story is good, I always enjoyed the story of the terminator series. But the Special effects in this movie were incredible. From the Tx's chassis to the atomic explosions, this is some of the best FX work I have ever seen (beats the hell out of any of the Matrix films).
To sum it all up, I would suggest that anyone who is or is not a fan of the Terminator series sees this movie. But go watch the first two before you do, of course.

this is a post i made 10 years ago itt, actually had this opinion

PhantomCatClock

Losperman

Damn did I like reviewing movies. A lot of us did, it seems. I'd forgotten I'd even seen some of them.

Looking through the first 15 pages or so made me miss Leek.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

PhantomCatClock

Lump Clock

I watched that TMNT  "sea-squall" from this year and it was really fun to watch. If you go into the movie a total ass-nerd expecting it to live up to some kind of nostalgia you'll be dissapointed of course. But the atmosphere as a whole felt like oldschool tmnt. Light hearted, fun, with a dash of serious meaning. The last 30 min felt rushed, but otherwise a blast. Bebop and Rocksteady p-much stole the show for me.

zl

Frank

Saw it on Netflix, great movie! Made me really miss the old Clockcrew. It follows a bizarre, surreal band and its enigmatic, eponymous leader. Definitely recommended for the view on weird art. The "likable" song in the later part of movie (you'll know it) is so much in the clock crew spirit that it teleported me back in time to the glory years.

RobClock

Sully

Tom hanks is tom hanks portraying tom hanks as the captain of that plane that crashed into the hudson in 2009

it was a visually gorgeous movie, and the scenes of the actual plane crash/landing were pretty exhilarating. most of the emotional stuff hits the mark, except the ending which lacks any real suspense. I felt the dialogue started getting very redundant at times, but it is all about one very specific event and there are only so many words to describe that thing happening.

Pretty blatant oscar bait, but still an enjoyable movie.

miracle fruit

i watched brandon cronenberg's possessor.  its a documentary

JambaClock