News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

TF2 upgradable weapons?

Farted by AirPumpClock, March 27, 2008, 06:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exclamation Mark

Quote from: AirPumpClock;1265973Hmm, different seems okay, but isn't that an advantage in and of itself?
Read my example of a 100% crit rate ubercharge, it's diffrent, but not stronger, as it would have a difrent usage to the ivuln uber
Quote from: Crucifix;1556967I now have a 14 year old girl hitting on me. If I had proof she wasn\'t a 50 year old man I\'d be masturbating right about now :>

RomanClock

Quote from: SockPuppetClock;1265968I would think the weapons wouldn't be stronger, but simply different, giving different play styles and advantages or whatever the hell.

Anyways, it's Valve! They haven't fucked up major gameplay changes yet (although that dynamic pricing in CSS probably was a bad idea).

You can turn that pricing system off you know :\

I would think new weapons or modification options would be neat.
Engineer could have 2 sentry instead of teleporters and dispensers
Spy could have longer cloak time and weaker gun
Heavy could have a powerful non-automatic gun that allows for more speed
Medic could have faster healing but no ranged weapon
Scout could cap 3 times faster but no scatter gun
Demo could have 2 sticky guns instead of main weapon
Pyro could have liquid flame (longer range and sticks to walls), but move slower
Soldier could have grenades instead of shotgun
Sniper could have small amount of cloak (like camo) instead of machine gun
lemayo lol :soups:

k0ma

Quote from: RomanClock;1266482Heavy could have a powerful non-automatic gun that allows for more speed

Like the shotgun, maybe?

Quote from: RomanClock;1266482Medic could have faster healing but no ranged weapon

It's already harder to get kills with the syringe-gun than the bonesaw.  The bonesaw is the medic's best weapon as of right now.

Quote from: RomanClock;1266482Demo could have 2 sticky guns instead of main weapon
Pyro could have liquid flame (longer range and sticks to walls), but move slower

Dumb.

PSN Network - BGK0

Steam ID- k0m4t0se

these are zeros, not o\'s, folks

AirPumpClock

Quote from: RomanClock;1266482You can turn that pricing system off you know :\

Hmm, I guess I like where you're going with that. Sounds kinda fun, actually.

camoclock is a great man

They should've just done a graphical update to TFC, everything else was fine.
poop

AirPumpClock

Quote from: CamoClock;1266543They should've just done a graphical update to TFC, everything else was fine.

I kinda like the simplification. Fortress Forever (which is essentially the same as TFC as far as I know) feels a little too crazy to me.

MarshmallowClock

Why would they take something away? That'd be ridiculous. Half of those benefits don't justify the penalty they have to them. 3x faster scout cap is nowhere near as important as the scatter gun, the whole point of heavy is that his gun is automatic and he can just keep an entire fort suppressed with the right medic, as a pyro "liquid flame" would be nowhere near as important as moving at 100% speed. Engineers being able to make 2 sentries would absolutely unbalance it. 3 engi's would mean 6 sentries, sentry farms would be far too ridiculous. And even, then 1 engi would be able to cover his own sentry which pretty much makes any plan a spy can do impossible.

SockpuppetClock

Oh I knew that

THE HELVETICA SCENARIO

A lot of people, including myself love the RTS element in our games.
However I agree with most here that it would totally ruin the current feel of the game which is perfect and should not be tampered with.
[u2]aY7XH2ulTEU[/u2]

RomanClock

Quote from: Pedophile;1266561Why would they take something away? That'd be ridiculous. Half of those benefits don't justify the penalty they have to them. 3x faster scout cap is nowhere near as important as the scatter gun, the whole point of heavy is that his gun is automatic and he can just keep an entire fort suppressed with the right medic, as a pyro "liquid flame" would be nowhere near as important as moving at 100% speed. Engineers being able to make 2 sentries would absolutely unbalance it. 3 engi's would mean 6 sentries, sentry farms would be far too ridiculous. And even, then 1 engi would be able to cover his own sentry which pretty much makes any plan a spy can do impossible.

Lol, but you have no idea what would actually happen, and just because you wouldn't want to play with an alternate set up, it doesn't mean others wouldn't. ps brainchild is an idiot
lemayo lol :soups:

OvenmittClock

Quote from: TremcladClock;1264929The only "RPG-type" element I wouldn't mind seeing is an XP/Rank system like in Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory.

this, i loved W:ET
AIDS