News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

In the B-Gining : Oil Pastels

Farted by RenegadeClock, March 30, 2008, 11:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenegadeClock

So this is my first attempt at using nothing but oil pastels for a medium. If you're not familiar with pastels, they're kind of like crayons for adults. I drew it on black paper with was a bit too smooth. I had to draw it, spray it with fixative, and go back over it again to get the colors bright enough. All in all though it a really fun medium to work with.

Palm Clock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FluxCapacitorClock

I don't have any idea why, but somehow Zipstyke looks the most realistic to me, hahaha.

Pretty awesome, I love the colors.

SpinningCubeClock

That looks really nice! Maybe piney's "scales" could have been a little more planned. How big is this btw? It looks really cool.
hello

TequilaClock

Quote from: wavy gravy;1268070Zipstyke is totally looking at his butt

His glorious omnipotent butt

Loki Clock

Not crayons for adults, Crayolas for adults. Pastels are a consistency of crayon, and I use some high quality Conti crayons of a different consistency, myself. Crayolas and other kids crayons are just low grade, it's not the whole medium that's like that. Very nice shading work, Orange is a bit malformed.

BreadfruitClock

PirateClock

this is great. use this for the cd preloader.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

frozennn

h

RenegadeClock

Quote from: SpinningCubeClock;1268008That looks really nice! Maybe piney's "scales" could have been a little more planned. How big is this btw? It looks really cool.

Yeah, there was minimal planning involved. I just grabbed some paper and started drawing. It's 8.5 x 11 inches.

Thanks everyone! :D

HeinekenClock

That's great, but I don't like how the subject of the picture is the least handsome item in the whole thing :(

LuxenbergClock

Where could I get some oil pastels?
QuoteBob awesome

Topcatyo

Mooi mooi.
Great stuff. I can't figure out oil pastels to save my life.
Then again, I've never really tried...

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: CoalWhere could I get some oil pastels?
Any art supply or crafts store.

SpongeClock SquarePants

PoisonshroomClock

Awesome!

I love working with oil pastel, but only black though because I'm bad with colour, but this has inspired me to get off my ass and play around a bit! <3