News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

SSBB SSE: Some Interesting Philosophy

Farted by AirPumpClock, March 31, 2008, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirPumpClock

I found this while searching a certain website's archives:

QuoteMaster Hand represents the spirit of creativity necessary to craft beautiful and fun games. He's the visionary, the artist. Without him, all you have is the same tired shit over and over again.

Crazy Hand represents the spirit of destruction and conflict necessary to enjoy games. He's the one who makes the driving reasons to PLAY the game. Without him, all you have is pretentious artsy fartsy bullshit. Lots of fluff, no substance.

In this case, what does Tabuu represent?

Tabuu represents series decay. Subspace represents terrible games. The dragging of things into Subspace through the bombs is the fall of what was once great. No single character could fight such a terrible force, thus, everyone who stood against Tabuu was defeated with ease. Even Master Hand, the spirit of creativity, couldn't hope to even begin to hope to lay a scratch on it alone. Maybe if his other half had been there.

This also, by the way, explains why Sonic didn't show up until he did. He had already been a prisoner of Tabuu's for a solid four-five years now. This also explains why Tabuu effortlessly destroys everybody else but Sonic fucking blindsides him. Why would you expect somebody you've beaten consistently for four years to suddenly pose a threat to you?

Palm Clock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slurpee

Ti-83Clock

oh cool
i played like 60% of the campaign this weekend with a couple of friends and now the story makes some sense

TequilaClock

Yeah I love how deep those characters are, totally represents how shit is going this generation.

ArgoonKlok

Wouldnt put it past the japanese to put this much thought into the meaning behind the characters. Awesome stuff.

camoclock is a great man

You guys I finally finished my research on how Metal Gear Solid is actually propaganda for Mao's theories.
poop

ArgoonKlok

Quote from: CamoClock;1269107You guys I finally finished my research on how Metal Gear Solid is actually propaganda for Mao's theories.

Do tell!

camoclock is a great man

Quote from: Angry Black Hip-Hop Guy;1269108Do tell!

I will but first I will talk about how the game changed my life when I thought about this

It didn't, April Fools yo
poop

PoisonshroomClock

OR fff

They could just be carrying Master Hand on from the first, where in brief cutscenes he is shown moving around the characters as if they were just dolls. The camera even moves out of the room in a first person perspective to further get across the idea that it's just some kid playing with a bunch of nintendo dolls, making them fight each other and the elaborate fighting/gameplay is just his imagination. As this is the only way that a bunch of unrelated characters coming from other universes could come together.

unless everyone wasn't taking the philosophy thing seriously and i just read everyone wrongh fffggh

BreadfruitClock

Ok so why would we be kicking Master Hand and Crazy Hand's ass in game then.

TequilaClock

Quote from: Gardevoir;1269154Ok so why would we be kicking Master Hand and Crazy Hand's ass in game then.
The same reason everybody is kicking the shit out of themselves, because!

joliet_jane

Wow, I didn't realize until now that Smash Bros. actually has some kind of story.

I'm going to try to forget that.  It's better without it.

Munglai

You lost me as soon as the Interesting Philosophy started being specifically about videogames.

Slurpee

This also explain's R.O.B.'s involvement.

He was, after all, in Star Fox: Assault.

Topcatyo

You lost me at the letter M.
Honestly though, if people are looking that far into Smash Brothers, they need to  go outside and try and remember what trees look like.

TequilaClock

Quote from: Officer Michaels;1269384You lost me at the letter M.
Honestly though, if people are looking that far into Smash Brothers, they need to  go outside and try and remember what trees look like.
It is plain fresh nerdism I say. Of course it is common knowledge trees are purple ffs.

Topcatyo

Quote from: MrSaturnClock;1269434It is plain fresh nerdism I say. Of course it is common knowledge trees are purple ffs.
I could've sworn trees were those big holes in the ground you see a lot in cities.  They usually have covers over them, apparently there are alligators living in them...

Mangosteen Clock

Or maybe Sonic was just thrown in at the last minute.

Other than that, it's a very interesting theory.

AirPumpClock

Quote from: PoisonShroom;1269135unless everyone wasn't taking the philosophy thing seriously and i just read everyone wrongh fffggh

It wasn't supposed to be real, but it's an awesome interpretation.