News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Akira

Farted by RomanClock, May 19, 2008, 10:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RomanClock

lemayo lol :soups:

crock pot pot roadt

is this bad or good

RomanClock

Quote from: AssTrayClock;1314634is this bad or good

Go watch the animated movie and then say what you think. I think (hope) it will be good.

RomanClock

Quote from: CadillacClock;1314657Leonardo DiCaprio    ...     (rumored)

I think he would actually make a good biker-esque character.

peyoteclock

terrible news, let's hope this one falls into development hell.

Ti-83Clock

oh sweet jesus why?!

AnimeClock

OH HOLY LORD YES!!!!

It's going to be two movies, the first one following the first three books, and the second movie following the second three.

For anyone who saw the animated movie and were worried that they just weren't smart enough to understand it, fret not. The animated movie, as long as it was just could not capture the epicosity of the real story, so it was REALLY abridged from the books, throwing out several major characters and plots, rearranging events and dumping out some of the basic plot points that made anything coherent.

Things that you will notice different about this movie: (Spoilers)

-Akira will actually be a character, and not a collection of jars.

-The first movie will include the part where Tetsuo actually BECOMES the leader of the clowns and then proceeds to release AKIRA from beneath the earth

-The second movie will be about how Kaneda and friends band together to take down Tetsuo and Akira's cult of personality/dictatorship after the city has been decimated by another massive explosion

This. movie. will. be. awesome.

AnimeClock

Quote from: Ti-83Clock;1314677oh sweet jesus why?!

The Departed btw, was an americanization of a modern chinese film, produced by the same guy who americanized the ring and the grudge. And Leonardo DiCaprio is a great actor so shushka

TequilaClock

And now to see a giant pile of guts crushing a girl by the pressure in live action is ok if they consider it

skeletal

I'm sceptical.
Very sceptical.
Like a rat squatting in a doll\'s house.

BreadfruitClock

Quote from: Monodi;1314758And now to see a giant pile of guts crushing a girl by the pressure in live action is ok if they consider it
my thoughts before clicking the topic#

coalclock

This is very old news, its been in the pipeline for years I know they had trouble getting the rights or something.

Slurpee

the most off-puttingly pretty man in show business

SpongeClock SquarePants

Quote from: peyote;1314675terrible news, let's hope this one falls into development hell.

DOT

super0sonic

this is old news to me. the screenplay writer is PC Gamers former EIC Gary Whitta. So its been talked about on the PC Gamer and Game Theory podcasts.
I Live in my own little world, But it\'s OK, Everyone knows me here.

joliet_jane

I flipped through the manga once, and noticed right away that it was dramatically different from the movie.  I'd like to read the whole thing, now.

buttplug

I have never seen it, isn't it supposed to be really violent or something?

Biblo

the film was directed by the same guy who wrote and drew the manga. it was a pure film. this remake is a bad idea.

i actually worked in a film studio with the director a few years ago. if i'd known that it would come to this, i'd have slaughtered him on the spot

MonsterMunch

It'll either be great or shit.

There is no middle ground in a movie like this.