News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

"Hellboy II is the perfect movie" says everybody

Farted by Slurpee, July 03, 2008, 06:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

PirateClock

stop whining slurpeeclock, let me check the release date for the netherlands..

mmm let's see..

Release Date:
21 August 2008 (Netherlands)

:'(
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

PirateClock

Could be worse:

Germany      16 October 2008     
Belgium    22 October 2008    
France    29 October 2008
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

Slurpee

why do foreign countries always get boned on release dates? you'd think post production being like 6 months long would allow for simultaneous global release.

I hope it's not just so they can fly in the cast and crew for the big foreign debuts
that would be I'm a edgy teen

DigitalLemonClock

translation + licensing + marketing + generally not giving a fuck about europe
BAN EVERYBODY

Slurpee

Quote from: weenie roast;1352975wanted was at 100% for awhile with only 10 reviews. look where it's at now.
you could not possibly have done a more efficient job at shitting all over something I was excited about if you were aided by the hand of the devil himself.

expect reprisal.

TequilaClock

Quote from: DigitalLemonClock;1352974translation + licensing + marketing + generally not giving a fuck about europe
Mainly this.

FileCabinetClock

the man, the legend

FlossClock

I think it looks like alot of shitty special effects with even shittier acting.

I've been wrong before I suppose, so you never know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RomanClock

Stuff is released in Europe after the US because 3 things:
1. Laws
2. Taxes
3. US is where the money is
lemayo lol :soups:

Folder

Eight Reviews = Everyone

Wait a week, it'll go down...

Still, I want to see it
:army:
FUCK CLOCKS

TremcladClock

Quote from: RomanClock;1355645Stuff is released in Europe after the US because 3 things:
1. Laws
2. Taxes
3. US is where the money is

And possibly because it's a US movie?

RomanClock

Quote from: TremcladClock;1355913And possibly because it's a US movie?

Those reasons go beyond movies, and not just this movie.

TremcladClock

Quote from: RomanClock;1355951Those reasons go beyond movies, and not just this movie.

Media properties always début in their country of origin. Films from the United Kingdom generally don't show up in the US until months after the initial début, but will appear in the English-speaking areas Europe and sometimes Canada almost directly after. Video games from Japan appear in North America sooner than Europe and Australia, probably because the colour encoding system (NTSC) is the same.

A lot of different things enter the equation when defining a release date for a media property.

Slurpee

Quote from: Folder;1355651Eight Reviews = Everyone

anybody who's important enough for their opinion to matter sees the movies before everybody else

at least in the top 8 I'd say

in other news: new perfect movie declared by everybody! Batman 6 is box office gooold!

FluxCapacitorClock

Quote from: SLURPEE;1356600anybody who's important enough for their opinion to matter sees the movies before everybody else

at least in the top 8 I'd say

in other news: new perfect movie declared by everybody! Batman 6 is box office gooold!
[IMfhhG]http://imgf/1501/f.png[/IMG]

This I actually wouldn't be surprised if it remained perfect forever.

RomanClock

Quote from: TremcladClock;1355960Media properties always début in their country of origin. Films from the United Kingdom generally don't show up in the US until months after the initial début, but will appear in the English-speaking areas Europe and sometimes Canada almost directly after. Video games from Japan appear in North America sooner than Europe and Australia, probably because the colour encoding system (NTSC) is the same.

A lot of different things enter the equation when defining a release date for a media property.

I see your point, production origin is a major factor. But why would a Japan based game be released in the US and Europe at different times (ie Brawl 6 months later)? I'm sure after production origin, it will be sold to the next biggest market.

buttplug

TremcladClock

Quote from: RomanClock;1357378I see your point, production origin is a major factor. But why would a Japan based game be released in the US and Europe at different times (ie Brawl 6 months later)? I'm sure after production origin, it will be sold to the next biggest market.

I think the release scheme behind SSBB had something to do with it being anticipated as a large-scale success, but you're right, there probably WAS more interest in it in North America. The distributors are pretty clever, they generally know which market is the most fertile, but the fertility of the market is 100% relative to language and general interest.