News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Some foxes

Farted by zl, July 09, 2008, 07:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zl

I have an opportunity to illustrate a children's book.  The catch is that the book revolves around a fox - something I have no experience drawing.  This thread chronicles my learning!

Bigglesnoots

That is so awesome.
Both the fact that you have that opportunity, as the drawings.

I really hope you can keep your own typical style for the drawings!
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

SpongeClock SquarePants

ah yes this looks like a good study.

I like this one the best for the colouring and the fact it has really shows the slender build of the fox as well as its natural curiousity.

Do you have any say on the actual look of the drawings or do they want really speciffic things?

zl

Quote from: SCSP;1358379Do you have any say on the actual look of the drawings or do they want really speciffic things?

So far they've been very vague -

Quote from: their email to meThe book will revolve mainly around a fox so if you can do a quick color sketch of a fox for me (a rough draft for me to see the general look is fine) I'd love to see it.

I've asked them if they have a more specific idea for the fox's look in my response.

Pin Clock

If you used your style, it'd be one good book. My hopes to you using your style.
if there were two guys on the moon and one of them killed the other with a rock that'd be pretty fucked up wouldn't it?

CeleriacClock

Looks sweet man! Good to see the studying of it and how you learn from them.

LeekClock

I am going to buy your book

SwirlberryClock

The second to last fox looks very nice, as if you would see it in a childrens book. What is it going to be called, anyway?

GearBoxClock

Looks very nice. What is the book called?
And Will you be credited as Zombie Lincoln?
And if you're allowed to put a "Dedicated to" thing, maybe you should dedicate to the clock crew or SBC.

zl

Quote from: SwirlberryClock;1358440What is it going to be called, anyway?

Quote from: GearBox;1358444What is the book called?
And Will you be credited as Zombie Lincoln?
And if you're allowed to put a "Dedicated to" thing, maybe you should dedicate to the clock crew or SBC.

Don't know the book title.  This was a craigslist ad that I responded to.  I'd be credited by my actual name, and I don't think illustrators generally get to do a dedication.

Also- I sent off some sketches, and the reply went like this.

Quote from: the replyThanks for sending those sketches out quickly. Those are pretty nice sketches for a quick rough draft. I've gotten a lot of responses from some talented illustrators and will try to narrow the field down to a few to meet with next week. I'll email you early next week to let you know where things stand and maybe try to setup a time to chat about the project.

So we'll see!

LuxenbergClock

QuoteBob awesome

SpongeClock SquarePants

if you get picked, try and pull out exactly what they want during the meeting, everything specified. This prevents having to adjust shit over and over when a client is like: "hmm yeah i like it but could could you change this" over and over.

HeinekenClock

I adore the second, sixth, eighth and last one :)

The black and white ones mostly remember me of old winnie the pooh illustrations, before they went disney.

Ex.: http://www.banksy.co.uk/outdoors/images/landscapes/pooh.jpg

Topcatyo

I love these so much I saved them to my Inspirado folder.
Truly great stuff.

Topcatyo

I love these so much I saved them to my Inspirado folder.

SilverClock

It looks pretty kickass, dawg!

ps: yiff yiff :furry:
I am a sexy bitch!
[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/02rm0o/bestpixelpalz2.swf]http://files.myfrogbag.com/02rm0o/bestpixelpalz2.swf width=250 height=200 wmode=transparent[/FLASH]
!!![/COLOR]BRAND-SPANKIN\' OLD SNIGGLEBOOTS FLASH!WATCH IT TODAY!!!!

TequilaClock

It really gives me a nostalgic feeling from my kindergarten days, such a simple but charming style. :)

PsychonautClock

I like the last one where he's holding a flower... he totally wants to get yiffed ;3

But in all seriousness, they are very nice :)
hip hop anonymous

zl

Quote from: PsychonautClock;1360252I like the last one where he's holding a flower... he totally wants to get yiffed ;3

But in all seriousness, they are very nice :)

haha it's supposed to be a mouse

but yeah I can see the flower as well!