News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Tekno Unit for upcoming flash**UPDATE!**

Farted by Ambipom, August 21, 2008, 09:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambipom

Here's a Tekno Unit for one of the flash movies I'm currently working on. Without spoiling too much, a Tekno Unit is something of alien origin, which needs a human host to survive.

Now that you know (sort of) what it is, the big ass hands are supposed to be so, as well as the small legs, and the ''stretched out'' body.

Any comments are welcome, as long as they're serious. Thanks in advance.

And for the ones who actually remember the Drone I posted previously, yes, it's part of the same movie as this ''thing''.

UPDATE!

here's the Tekno Unit, as it has gotten a host. Comments apreciated!

PecanClock

Why is the left arm longer than the right arm?

AstronautClock

Munglai

is he floating? because otherwise you need to sort his balance out!

Kombucha

Looks decent, but I can't tell why it needs a human host, so I hope that you describe that in the movie.

Also his torso looks a bit wonky.

Ambipom

Quote from: FloppyDisk Clock;1386809I was laying back on my chair and at first I thought it was a 3d model, so props to you ;D

This is epic win! =D

as for the arms, the whole idea is that the ''black body parts'' [could be some good material for some racist jokes/comments, even tho I discourage them](upper arms, hands, upper leg and feet, etc) can ''stretch'', so therefore it's not 100% accurate in sizes comparing ''two halves''. (symmetric was the right word I spose?) I can't deny the ''viewing'' of the arm is indeed a bit... awkward, but I'll fix that when it will be needed for the movie...!

And yeah, it might be ''falling over'' and/or ''floating'', but it was just to get a basic idea on paper (oh, you get what I mean), and thank god that flash has so many layer options, meaning I can position it in any way I like!_poogle_

thank you all for the comments though, maybe someone has any suggestions other than those already mentioned?

TequilaClock

i dont like those colors very much... try shading in sections and not layers. I personally think its better that way. Use a bigger contrast between the metallic parts and the blue armor, it will look better.

I am a color nazi.

PimpClock

Quote from: FloppyDisk Clock;1386809I was laying back on my chair and at first I thought it was a 3d model, so props to you ;D

I also thought this :), very good drawing, can't wait for the movie

Ambipom

Thanks for all the comments, and I updated the pictures with another ''sneak peek'' at my movie, cause in this case I'd like some comments on the Tekno Unit as it has found its host.

Here's the pic, but it's also in the first post.

So please comment!

Kombucha

The one with a host is very cool.