News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Gay marriage.

Farted by AbsintheClock, September 01, 2008, 07:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsintheClock

What's wrong with it? We're all human beings. Consenting adults do just fine as couples. There's no scientific research that children raised by two people of the same sex come out any different. So what's the problem? By the way glitter text rules are uber enforced.

GearBoxClock

What was the Glitter-Text site again?
I'm not debating quite yet.

AbsintheClock

This is what google is for.

AC Slater

I don't see what's wrong with it. Why should they be denied the right to be married as well? Just because they have a different sexual preference as what "normal" people should have doesn't mean they don't get the same rights. It's not like they're harming anyone. If we're "the Land of the Free" then we should start acting like it instead of being assholes and denying people gay marriage. It's stupid.

Heliopios

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1393389What's wrong with it? We're all human beings. Consenting adults do just fine as couples. There's no scientific research that children raised by two people of the same sex come out any different. So what's the problem? By the way glitter text rules are uber enforced.

Well, to be fair, children are the product of their environment, and if their parents are fucking eachother in the ass they'll pick that up as the 'norm' pretty easily and more than likely be gay. Of course this is just common sense more than a scientific fact. I've got nothing wrong with gays, long as they aren't trying to fuck me.
:]

Marlin Clock

AbsintheClock

Quote from: Cosmo Penopolis;1393417Well, to be fair, children are the product of their environment, and if their parents are fucking eachother in the ass they'll pick that up as the 'norm' pretty easily and more than likely be gay. Of course this is just common sense more than a scientific fact. I've got nothing wrong with gays, long as they aren't trying to fuck me.

First of all you're a fucking moron. Second of all walking in on your parents having sex is just as traumatic in a homosexual case as it is heterosexual. It's not common sense, it's common stupidity. You should think about killing yourself so you won't reproduce. Post here again and you'll have to back up the facts on your next post, and facts for the post prior to. Otherwise you're gone for a week. Or you could choose just not to show up. It is bullying, but it's my party and I'll be biased if I want to.

Quote from: The Hero of Winds;1393431

So it's cool with you as long as they don't show up in your crib? Awesome!

Heliopios

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1393463First of all you're a fucking moron. Second of all walking in on your parents having sex is just as traumatic in a homosexual case as it is heterosexual. It's not common sense, it's common stupidity. You should think about killing yourself so you won't reproduce.

Excuse me mister I-use-hostility-because-I-cannot-really-argue, I never said walking in on your gay parents makes you gay, I said living around them and basking in their life style is more than likely going to change your views on it.

Edit: Nice little message you sent me, don't try to bully me so that you can keep me from arguing, if you don't want someone to say something from a different viewpoint, don't post topics and act like a bitch in the debate forum.

(User was banned for this post; Reason: they'll pick that up as the 'norm' pretty easily and more than likely be gay. -You)
:]

RomanClock

Marriage isn't a right and I'll leave it at that.
lemayo lol :soups:

Marlin Clock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1393463So it's cool with you as long as they don't show up in your crib? Awesome!
I'm not saying it's cool with me.

I don't think it's a right, but it's not my right to say it isn't.

AbsintheClock

Quote from: Cosmo Penopolis;1393472Excuse me mister I-use-hostility-because-I-cannot-really-argue, I never said walking in on your gay parents makes you gay, I said living around them and basking in their life style is more than likely going to change your views on it.

Edit: Nice little message you sent me, don't try to bully me so that you can keep me from arguing, if you don't want someone to say something from a different viewpoint, don't post topics and act like a bitch in the debate forum.

they'll pick that up as the 'norm' pretty easily and more than likely be gay. -You

You did say it. You are the weakest link goodbye.

Quote from: RomanClock;1393502Marriage isn't a right and I'll leave it at that.

You're right it's a punishment. Now why can't gays be punished the same as heterosexuals. We go to the same prisons, we drink from the same fountains, go to the same schools, eat at the same McDonalds! Why can't we get married in the same fashion as the eyes of the law perceives.

Quote from: The Hero of Winds;1393514I'm not saying it's cool with me.

I don't think it's a right, but it's not my right to say it isn't.

You said you don't care what they do as long as it's not in your church. Seems all right with me. Not that I'd get married in a catholic church anyhow. I'm not a catholic after all. Just because you don't think something is right doesn't mean you don't tolerate it. I don't think it's right that cops can ask for your ID for no reason, but I tolerate it. I don't think smoking is the right way to take care of myself but I do it anyhow. Although you clearly are starting to get the idea that just because you don't approve of it doesn't mean you have to try to stop people from doing what they feel is right in their hearts. Especially when it hurts nobody.

Marlin Clock

AbsintheClock

Quote from: The Hero of Winds;1393548

_poogle_

You're gonna have to be more specific. I have no idea what you're talking about.

FluxCapacitorClock

This thread will not work with the glitter text rule. The only reason to be against it is religion. By enforcing glitter text, you're saying "no disagreeing with me unless you spend 10 years making images for your reply".

AbsintheClock

Sure it could work. If you can find some sort of scientific or sociological reason why people shouldn't be married without regard to their sexuality then by all means post it. I'll give you one right now. Reproduction! GO! The glitter text rule was just a means of shutting people up from debating things that have nothing to defend or attack on. Though if they feel strongly enough about it they'll post it in glitter text. Clearly these folks do not have enough conviction in their faith-based values to talk about it in glitter text.

zl

Well, I'm confused about the benefits and meaning of even hetero marriage.

So: Marriage is a church and government sanctioned exchange of vows.  

The government offers some tax breaks, financial advantages to married couples.  Why does the government do that?  If it is to help support a growing population - that is, to encourage babymaking - I could see why they would be reluctant to give that same advantage to homosexual couples.

Of course, straight couples don't necessarily have children, and gay ones can adopt/in vitro.

Am I right that we're talking about the government approval here (rather than the church)? I'm having trouble figuring out what role  has in this topic.

AbsintheClock

It's more the legal issue of it.

Marlin Clock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1393549You're gonna have to be more specific. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry, I thought the glitter would have brought enough implication.
Quote from: Flux;1393560This thread will not work with the glitter text rule. The only reason to be against it is religion. By enforcing glitter text, you're saying "no disagreeing with me unless you spend 10 years making images for your reply".
Well I'm a sap from complying, but it's helping me put my thoughts in a more minimalistic sense.

Solenoidclock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1393389There's no scientific research that children raised by two people of the same sex come out any different.

THE HETERO-NORMATIVE PARADIGM
[/I][/B][/SIZE]
Quote from: FlondermenKlok;1578925I wonder if I could get really obese and masturbate by jiggling my fat around.

FluxCapacitorClock

Quote from: AbsintheClock;1393389There's no scientific research that children raised by two people of the same sex come out any different.

Playing devil's advocate, there's no research involving large amounts of children raised by gay couples because hardly anywhere allows gays to even get married, let alone adopt children. We don't know what the data would be if all gays were allowed to legally adopt.