News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

"DJ Hero"?

Farted by TequilaClock, September 12, 2008, 11:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TequilaClock

Hey I just heard that Activision trademarked "DJ Hero" earlier this year and now there are more details about this.

QuoteRecent Activision acquisition FreeStyleGames is hard at work on DJ Hero, a music rhythm game that will let gamers scratch to the beat of popular mash-ups with a laptop turntable peripheral, informed sources tell us today. The game, which has been in development for nearly two years, is expected to hit shelves next summer and will likely include the ability to use Guitar Hero guitars for versus mode face-offs.
 The controller, key to the game's success, has been through nearly a half-dozen iterations.
                      In the latest form, the device looks a lot like a simplified DJ Deck. There is a platter for scratching which will act like the strum toggle on a Guitar Hero guitar. Above the platter are three buttons for sampling. The controller also includes a cross fader and a sound effects dial which will act like the whammy bar in Guitar Hero.
 Instead of flowing the musical notes down a guitar neck, DJ Hero will flow the music down and around a virtual record in a half arc. Either left top to middle bottom if you are left handed, or right top to middle bottom if you are right handed.
 To play you will have to either hold a sample button and scratch, just hold a button or just scratch as the neon icons flow around the virtual vinyl.
 Currently the wireless controller has grooves molded into the bottom so it will sit comfortably in a player's lap, though the team is also looking into legs for the deck so gamers can play while standing up.
 The game in its current form features all mash-ups, think Beyonce Vs Jimi Hendrix, 50 cent Vs Beastie Boys. If they can nail the interface and get licensing for the music this could be a mammoth hit. Then again I love mash-ups.

http://kotaku.com/5049108/first-dj-hero-details-turntable-controller-mash+ups-guitar-co+op

Hmmm if they are getting serious about this I want to check out the tracks, I love electronic and they better get some rad tunes.

Also, yeah. Milking out old ideas like IIDX Beatmania.

Il Duce

So would you have the "frets" as buttons and basically "strum" with a rotating vinyl?

TequilaClock

Probably. I mean the IIDX got one too so...

Flounderpa

It can be worse, it can be one man band game
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬
SHUTãâ,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â°Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¡Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼Â¤Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼ÂªÃ¯Â¼Â¯Ã¯Â¼Â¹Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â´Ã¯Â¼Â¨Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â­Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â³Ã¯Â¼Â©Ã¯Â¼Â£Ã¯Â¼Â
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I'm holding out on this franchise till Blowing Into A Whisky Jug Hero.

AMPEEEM

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1401903I'm holding out on this franchise till Blowing Into A Whisky Jug Hero.

Washboard Hero

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: ampm;1401915Washboard Hero

add a banjo and a blade of grass to blow on and we've got ourselves Rock Band 2