News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

The Magna Cartas. What Do You Love and Hate In a Book?

Farted by SnakeClock, October 02, 2008, 10:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Spoiler

Quote from: The Masked Man;1425792Dislikes
  • government = evil

Does this apply to all evil governments or just cliche "wha the guy in power is a big bad meanie who hurts everybody and no body stops him" types? I'm asking because the government in my story may fit some definitions of evil. The dictator is prone to megalomania and at his best cares only about the country,not its citizens. The law enforcement are a mixture of "beat the proles"types and "save the proles" types who openly conflict with each other at times.Non-rulers in the government are usually decent people, and the protagonist is a government employee who likes his job.

Does sound like something you'd enjoy reading or not?

PossumClock

Maganus Cartum 1un:
  • subtle humour
  • quirky but serious characters
  • getting to know every character, even those ones that die a couple pages after their introductions
  • random boisterous events. ex: "WHOA DID THE CLOCKTOWER JUST BLOW UP!? WHAT? I'M THE FATHER?!"
  • drawn out moments with interesting dialoguing. ex: describing how someone has an irrational fear of shoelaces whilst their best friend is burning alive and the said shoelace fearer is trying to get water or something

i have too many to list for my Maganus Cartum 2wo

IvysaurClock

Quote from: PossumClock;1440138Maganus Cartum 1un:
  • drawn out moments with interesting dialoguing. ex: describing how someone has an irrational fear of shoelaces whilst their best friend is burning alive and the said shoelace fearer is trying to get water or something

i have too many to list for my Maganus Cartum 2wo

Totally did that today. A side-character was monologuing about how much he hated dehydrated raspberries while explaining the responsibilities of my main's new job.

That's one of my most overused devices, actually. :/