News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

The Most Unforgettable Characters! Post All Character Ideas In Here!

Farted by SnakeClock, October 01, 2008, 09:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnakeClock

Just start writing and see where it flies, Wind-Up! We'll all be here to help if you get stuck. I love your idea.

The Spoiler

Quote from: UgliClock;1419468I don't like the weird names, personally. When you have alot of characters with names like that and especially when the plot is very character dependent, I get lost in the names and constantly have to flip back to check who's who. Maybe normal names with a bit of a twist would work better? (Steve = Stevus or something)
The weird names probably were a bad idea. Not only would people get confused as to which character was which, but I'd have to remember how to spell the names. I'll probably stick to semi-normal names that fit with setting.

Quote from: Lexington;1424074We'll all be here to help

Wind-up:If you ever want help with figuring out how to make something 'work', I'll do my best

For example, several ways a baby-powered plane could work:

1: It stimulates the babies to cry. The sound waves move a large diaphragm, providing mechanical energy.

2: Burns babies as fuel

3:Hamster wheels

4: Psionic energy crystals are empowered by the suffering of the babies, providing energy

5: The babies are used as slaves operating a complex engine system

6: The babies have wings strapped to their arms and are forced to flap

7: The stem cells from their bodies (If I remember, babies have a lot of stem cells) are collected, and used to generate muscle tissue that drives the propeller)

8: Like above, except the muscle is burned for fuel

9: Zeppelins drop loads of babies precisely timed so that they impact the bottom of the wings as the plane flies into them. This increase in pressure creates lift.

10: The plane is made of babies ( Processed to look like something else)

11: It contains a machine that harvests their blood and uses it to lubricate the machinery

12: They're constantly intoxicated with a mind-numbing drug. In this state, they're brains are essentially hijacked and they are used for gathering weather measurements, etc.

Or any combination thereof.

Wind-up Clock

I said i know how the nazi-super science baby-powered engine thingy works. It essentially works on the concept of an individual's untapped psionic power, which represents the person's "place" in the space time-continuum.

So it'll go, when someone is born, a "repository" of psychic energy is drawn within the realm of space time. It turns out that this energy, while potent, is impossible to tap consciously, as each iota of this power is drawn subconsciously by the individual and is converted from raw space-time fluff into things that affect one's state of being. It turns out that the brain's higher functions are powered by this energy, and that the physical state of the brain and body are maintained by the physical world, and that death is simply when the spatial repository is dried up (artificially induced death is caused by the inability of the physical brain to receive this energy. Without a life source, the body dies) Them wacky Nazis have found a way to harness this energy by means of a special compound of space crystal, which they have managed to create artificially. What they haven't managed to create artificially was the way to create the repositories in space-time, so they resorted to making Jewish women pregnent and harvesting their infants, which are placed into these small cylinders full of nutrient solution and a "Schwarz" crystal (They're marked "battery" to hide from Allied spies) and essentially go into an artificially induced "lifespan," except that only the brain ages. The body is unaffected, and when the life energy is gone, the "battery" is simply discarded. Weight for weight, a single cell is equal to hundreds of gallons of conventional aviation gasoline. The special engines carry six cells in a revolver fashion. This can allow it to fly around the world.

They say that the infants go through an eternity of absolute nothing, a void deprived of complete thought and stimulation, with their life and conscious though being drained steadily away.

TL:dr them nazis drain babies of their life force and discard them like garbage. Naturally, the pilot is horrified at this.

I thought of the basic concept 3 hours ago, and made everything else up on the spot. Writing things out does help.

And the is the alternative plot if i can't figure out where the flyboy vignette is going to go. I don't want to write seventeen pages describing how the engine runs off of babies. People will think i'm psychotic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Spoiler

I guess when I read the post in my head I thought you weren't sure how it would work.
Your idea sounds pretty good (if I was in your position, I would go into 17 pages of detail, but then again, it's also one of my goals to write a book that gets banned.).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that if you ever want help turning a totally bullshit idea into something believable, that's something that I enjoy doing.

Unless you enjoy it as well, in which case I can make up my own crazy ideas.

Wind-up Clock

Quote from: Mechanus;1424561I guess when I read the post in my head I thought you weren't sure how it would work.
Your idea sounds pretty good (if I was in your position, I would go into 17 pages of detail, but then again, it's also one of my goals to write a book that gets banned.).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that if you ever want help turning a totally bullshit idea into something believable, that's something that I enjoy doing.

Unless you enjoy it as well, in which case I can make up my own crazy ideas.
I'll keep that in mind.  Thank you.

Those are actually some good (if somewhat twisted) ideas. I read it more carefully after i typed mine up, and it's actually pretty good (if somewhat psychotic) material. Good n' nasty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TwistClock

I have a protagonist. im just gonna make it up as i go along. i know for sure its going to be set in a city full of zombies thats for sure.
Quote from: The Flounderman;1662631BRING IT ON LITTLE MAN

YOU\'RE NOT EVEN REAL GOLD

YOU\'RE PYRITE WITH A .001% GAYTONIUM IMPURITY

THE MOST GAYDIOACTIVE ELEMENT KNOWN TO GAY

Silly Putty Clock

Quote from: Pin Clock;1417048Snake summed up my reply for you. I'm just saying that even in anthropomorphism, Squirrels going to war would make absolutely no sense whatsoever in any way I can Imagine. Anthropomorphism can tell good stories, don't get me wrong, But War Squirrels is just....I can't see it happening.

Shut up I know most of them were mice. My point remains valid.

EDIT: As for my character idea, mine was actually pretty much the same as Teddy Bear's. The only difference I see is that mine looks more like he's going to have depersonalization disorder than schizophrenia. Maybe I'll give him a combination of the two.

EDIT EDIT: My basic idea is that he escapes the hospital that he's being kept in and finds that the world around him is gradually turning into an impossible, surreal place. I'm not sure if that fits with schizophrenia or any known mental disorder.
8=======D~~~~>_<~~~~C=======8

TeddyBear

Quote from: Brooklyn;1425739EDIT EDIT: My basic idea is that he escapes the hospital that he's being kept in and finds that the world around him is gradually turning into an impossible, surreal place. I'm not sure if that fits with schizophrenia or any known mental disorder.
Mine stays in the hospital, so good we're different!

Mine's also more formatted like an epic poem, or at least I think it will be, so don't worry. Unless you're taking that style as well.

Silly Putty Clock

Quote from: TeddyBear;1426236Mine stays in the hospital, so good we're different!

Mine's also more formatted like an epic poem, or at least I think it will be, so don't worry. Unless you're taking that style as well.

Oh, no, although an epic poem about a psychiatric patient does sound quite- well, epic. Mine is written in a first-person style inspired by Chuck Palahnuik. And let me tell you, my character hates his surroundings. He feels nothing but contempt for his therapist. Of course, he's in there for what I hope most people would consider a good reason: he shot up an office building and turned himself over to the police. He turns out to not be too bad of a person, though- just really, really screwed up in the head. I'm sure it will be of comfort to many people here that I'm basing him on myself.

TexClock

Full Name: Aric Paul Martel
Height 6'2"
Weight: 213 lbs.
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Black
Ethnicity: Caucasian (specifically Cajun)
Family:
Father - Ike Martin Martel
Mother - Alicia Dupree Martel
Brother - Christopher Ike Martel
Important Relationships: Marissa Roberts (girlfriend), Michael Stevenson (best friend)
School: University of Houston B.A.s in Spanish & French, minors in German & Italian
Military service: served 3 years U.S. Army
Trained in boxing, wrestling, assault and civilian firearms.
If you ain\'t Clock, you ain\'t Texas! B bless us all!

TeddyBear

Quote from: Brooklyn;1426261Oh, no, although an epic poem about a psychiatric patient does sound quite- well, epic. Mine is written in a first-person style inspired by Chuck Palahnuik. And let me tell you, my character hates his surroundings. He feels nothing but contempt for his therapist. Of course, he's in there for what I hope most people would consider a good reason: he shot up an office building and turned himself over to the police. He turns out to not be too bad of a person, though- just really, really screwed up in the head. I'm sure it will be of comfort to many people here that I'm basing him on myself.
Well then we're quite different, so really no worries.

Mine is more or less focused on the individual's feelings, thoughts, actions and whatnot, with little focus on the therapist types.

Silly Putty Clock

Quote from: TeddyBear;1426903Well then we're quite different, so really no worries.

Mine is more or less focused on the individual's feelings, thoughts, actions and whatnot, with little focus on the therapist types.

Mine is actually focussed on the character too. He just happens to hate his therapist, and everything about the psychiatric hospital.

SnakeClock

Here's my cast:

Phineas Orson Wallace
Male, 24, Protagonist

Phineas is a bright young man, clever, quick-witted and compassionate. He also shows great courage and sense of justice, but deals with ill forces with a certain slyness, appealing to the person’s sensibilities to convince them instead of browbeating them. He’s not as smart as he would like to be, however, and his thoughts tend to become muddled. He’s extremely perceptive, though, and sees problems and solutions better than most. His appearance is fairly average, but he asserts himself well.

• NAME: Phineas Orson Wallace
  • HEIGHT: 5′11″
  • WEIGHT: 145lbs
  • HAIR: Brown
  • EYES: Brown
  • HEART CONTENTS: Glasses for perception, academic tassel for cleverness, dove feathers for sympathy and goodwill, a diamond for clarity and multifaceted view, mahogany core for sturdiness and warmth.
  • HOBBIES: Meeting people, reading, theatre.

Malcolm Morgan Mulligan
Male, 25, Best Friend

Malcolm is Phineas’ (or “POW”, as he likes to call him because of his initials) best friend. He’s a large man, and a boxer by trade and hobby. He’s very gruff and forceful, but he has a good head on his shoulders and is very intelligent; he gets Phineas out of jams with his smarts more often than pugilism. He has an odd sense of humour that gives conversations with him a unique if strange spark, which further contrasts against his enormous boxer frame, but he’s not afraid to rough up some guys if it comes to that.
  • NAME: Malcolm Morgan Mulligan
  • HEIGHT: 6′3″
  • WEIGHT: 200lbs
  • HAIR: Red
  • EYES: Blue
  • HEART CONTENTS: Steel rings for athletics, fighting knife for aggressiveness, chess pieces for intelligence, rubber clown nose for sense of humour, iron core for toughness and strength.
  • HOBBIES: Boxing

Cynthia Viola Hoffman
Female, 23, Society Girl

Cynthia (”Cindy” for short) is a wealthy young woman that met Phineas after she got lost in the Black Market. She is a girl that has a mind for fashion and finery, dressing in elaborate frocks and sundresses and appreciating the finer things in life. She’s kind of a ditz, but she’s not especially spoiled and can hold her own. She likes to be the centre of attention, but does so with charm and grace rather than pushiness. She’s overly delicate, but knows she doesn’t have to be, and has a constant curiosity about most things, which is part of what attracts her to Phineas.
  • NAME: Cynthia Viola “Cindy” Hoffman
  • HEIGHT: 5′9″
  • WEIGHT: 155lbs
  • HAIR: Blonde
  • EYES: Green
  • HEART CONTENTS: Pieces of lace and silk for fashion sense, rose petals for sweetness, a magnifying glass for sense of curiosity, glass core for delicacy, beauty and clarity.
  • HOBBIES: Fashion, parties, exploration

Virgil Irving Robinson
Male, 28, Psychotic

Virgil is an unusual case. He believed that heart-bonded objects can create enhancements as well as personality traits, so when he was 26, he tried placing a stopped clock on his heart to preserve his youth, but it broke apart, and all the pieces bonded to his heart. This has made his behaviour erratic and unpredictable, and brings him mental pain. He wants his problem fixed, if he can get himself focused enough to find a way.
  • NAME: Virgil Irving Robinson
  • HEIGHT: 6′1″
  • WEIGHT: 175lbs
  • HAIR: Brown
  • EYES: Gray
  • HEART CONTENTS: Various sprockets, springs, dials, mechanisms and shards of crystal and brass from a broken clock, pencils, a yellow ribbon and a silver ring for unknown reasons, steel base.
  • HOBBIES: Gambling, model building.

Dirk Charles Stumble
Male, 33, Black Marketeer

Dirk works in the tangle of the Black Market as a dealer, selling highly illegal articles to people that want to be more experimental with their hearts. He is very street-smart and is really a decent fellow, and also enjoys the pursuit of knowledge. but he can be unscrupulous and calculating. He also acts a little skittish and degenerate due to some ill objects on his heart, as well as unusually resilient. He may or may not have ulterior motives with Phineas.
  • NAME: Dirk Charles Stumble
  • HEIGHT: 6′0″
  • WEIGHT: 160lbs
  • HAIR: Black
  • EYES: Black (aniridia)
  • HEART CONTENTS: A piece of cobblestone for street smarts, coins to make him calculating, several other things that are secret at the moment.
  • HOBBIES: Drug studies, alternative heart object, heart studies

Jack Sylvester Draconi, IV
Male, 52, Crime Lord

Jack Draconi is the head of the local mafia, and practically runs the underground. Much of the Draconi family supplies the Black Market, and fiercely protects its investment. Jack is a vicious, violent don who possesses intense cunning and a great Machiavellian sensibility. He’s also a bitter’ emotionless fiend due to his heart literally being broken into two pieces. He is a man with no patience, no remorse, and no way to give up.
  • NAME: Jack Sylvester Draconi, IV
  • HEIGHT: 6′2″
  • WEIGHT: 185lbs
  • HAIR: Black
  • EYES: Left blue, right amber
  • HEART CONTENTS: Platinum ore for greed, archery arrow for ambition and focus, Draconi family crest (bonder), steel wire to hold heart halves together, obsidian core for cunning and unscrupulousness, broken into two pieces.
  • HOBBIES: Theatre, golf, running the Family.

That is our main troupe so far. Secondary characters will probably emerge as we go on, but for now, these people shall be the story’s focus. Their hearts have all affected them in peculiar ways as they go through the world.