News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Sludge Metal

Farted by Boffer Clock, October 25, 2008, 02:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boffer Clock

To be perfectly honest, sludge metal always irritated me. until I saw this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hjkiaruAeg

Crowbar's Nothing

perhaps it's just me, but I can't stop listening to the song anymore. What do you all think of Sludge Metal?
Marcio:What would you do if you found out you slept with a relative.
CraSHAKEZULA81:Oh, i\'d gouge out my eyes and throw myself out of Thebes, clearly.
Marcio:Thebes...Isn\'t that part of your leg?
CraSHAKEZULA81:That would be a thigh, you uncultured ass.
Marcio:I thought that was a type of chicken from kfc?
CraSHAKEZULA81:You only think that because you\'re black.
Marcio:Oh, clearly.

Pissed-on Clock

Its a bit catchy, but its not very technical. I listened through the whole thing. I just wish they added more notes.

BluezombieClock

Quote from: Piston;1434031Its a bit catchy, but its not very technical. I listened through the whole thing. I just wish they added more notes.

Good music doesn't have to be technical to sound great
╔═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════â•â€"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who donââ,¬â,,¢t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════╝

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

SnakeClock

Quote from: BlueZombieClock;1434036Good music doesn't have to be technical to sound great

No, but if the genre requires it, it's kind of expected.

BluezombieClock

Quote from: Lexington;1434037No, but if the genre requires it, it's kind of expected.

Alot of metal is extremely easy yet manages to have the feel of pure metal
╔═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════â•â€"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who donââ,¬â,,¢t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ════════════════╝

☣ Motionmaker[/URL]

Pissed-on Clock

Quote from: BlueZombieClock;1434039Alot of metal is extremely easy yet manages to have the feel of pure metal
Well its basically a really low tuning with slow power chord riffs. I'm not saying it doesn't sound like metal, I'm just saying its too simple. I'm not trying to come off as a one of those douchbags that say "metal is all about speed" which it isn't, but this is just too minimalist for my tastes.

SixShooterClock

there's more to metal than just technique, I mean stoner metal, sludge metal, drone metal, are all minimal but have a very metal attitude towards music writing still.

Compare Drone Metal (say like Sun 0))) or Earth) to Noise Drone (Robedoor, Emeralds, The Skaters etc.), and you can tell how the first has very metal qualities in comparison.

Boffer Clock

Quote from: Lexington;1434037No, but if the genre requires it, it's kind of expected.

ah, theres the conflict, sludge metal is all about heavy simplicity. Therefore ity doesnt need to be a technical deathmetal band with over used notes

its about on the opposite end as dragonforce.
CraSHAKEZULA81:Oh, i\'d gouge out my eyes and throw myself out of Thebes, clearly.

ChimeClock

yeah, metal in general is supposed to yearn for a bit more ambiguity and more complex song structures than regular hard rock

also the song, i guess, is okay, but five and a half minutes is a bit overlong for me

SixShooterClock

CERTAIN GENRES of metal, but metal is also just a styled approach towards song writing, of being heavier than generic rock.

Oh well what do I care? I fucking hate guitars/metal/etc. for the most part.

DNAClock

Been listenting to Crowbar for like 7 years now, they are fucking awesome! All the acts related to Crowbar are great too, even if they aren't sludge, for example: pantera, superjoint ritual, down.
NO YOUTUBE IN SIGNATURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cokezeroglock

yeah thinking metal has to be structurally complex is a pretty dumb thing to think. i'm really not into metal but the best of that stuff are things that are slooooooow

Insomnia

Electric Wizard is one of the first Sludge Metal bands I ever heard. I couldn't stop listening to this song for like a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDO3sq9kHmY

Start postin' some fuckin' sludge metal. I'm too lazy to go to last.fm and find it myself.

"brb going to moon"

DNAClock

Oh man, I love electric wizard, their stuff is fucking wicked! That's the first song I heard from them, "we hate you" is damn good too.
NO YOUTUBE IN SIGNATURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilverCherryClock

Are the Melvins considered Sludge Metal? I think they are. They are awesome.

Boffer Clock

Just search for eyehategod

theyre not bad

LuxenbergClock

Quote from: Piston;1434031Its a bit catchy, but its not very technical.

post instantly invalid
QuoteBob awesome