News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

i dont know where to put this, but wtf cs4

Farted by Kaijuclock, January 09, 2009, 04:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaijuclock

i acquired a copy of flash cs4 last night, and i have some questions

wtf are these 3d tools
wtf exactly is the bone tool
wtf is the bind tool
and wtf is a deco tool

also i just found out how to make my own workspace, thank god, the ones they had were awfull, even the one entitled "classic" isnt classic, so i made this

now thats fucken classic

DWARFINATORclock

FileCabinetClock

the man, the legend

Kaijuclock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1493085you know what the bone tool is

only when im around you, is that odd?

Poltergeist

blind tool AFTER using bone tool too much

miracle fruit

so instead of googling cs4 feature tutorials you ask a bunch of assholes on the internet who have no knowledge of cs4

Kidney BeanClock

Is this one actually an improvement on previous versions of Flash?

RocketFetus

Well I just like how fast it exports my crap.
Now everybody wants this thick afro body but I blow dry that hair and never let it down.

Blue

I absolutely loathe CS4... I don't understand why some animators love it so much. The bone thing could be done without it, so could almost all the other "new" features (most of which are actually OLD features of Macromedia Director, which has been put to the grave)... CS4 has tremendous instability issues, loading problems... It takes what I thought were major irritations with CS3 and magnifies them 5 times... WTF Adobe?!

And in my defence, I use them both... depending on the project. A large portion of my work won't even OPEN in CS4... Or when they do load, it takes 20+ minutes to do so... Maybe it's because of the way I nest movieclips so much, but I don't see why CS4 shouldn't handle it as well as, if not better than CS3...

Sad thing is, aside from the loading/lagging/crashing issues, I really would like CS4, alot... SO I guess it's fine, as long as you don't do anything too complicated. Good for the novice, I suppose.
[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/mupff0/snowflake.swf]width=670 height=200 quality=medium wmode=transparent[/FLASH]

SnakeClock

3D tools? Interesting, but that seems like cheating.

Odo

Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;14935633D tools? Interesting, but that seems like cheating.

I imagine Walt Disney felt the same way about computer animation.

Don't be like Walt Disney.
╔══════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ══════════════â•â€"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who donââ,¬â,,¢t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚══════════════ ೋáÆ'¦â˜Æ'áÆ'¦à³‹ ══════════════╝

SnakeClock

Quote from: Joey 89489465456;1493582I imagine Walt Disney felt the same way about computer animation.

Don't be like Walt Disney.

Computer animation didn't exist in Walt's time. :p

Besides, why would a 2D animation program having a 3D mode so that people don't have to draw 3D things not seem like "cheating"?

AstronautClock

Fireman

I should aquire flash CS4 for I want to see how these new features such as the bone tool compare to their 3d counterparts.
Also I think it's kind of good they added the bone tools to Flash, pretty sure Toonboom had a similiar feature. I think it's rather swell because I've been wanting a feature like this in Flash ever since I started using it.

INoodleClock

There are some interesting explanations on YouTube, especially for Photoshop - could be worth a look.

SnakeClock

Quote from: INoodle;1493830There are some interesting explanations on YouTube, especially for Photoshop - could be worth a look.

Join my new writing contest!

INoodleClock

Quote from: BostonClock;1493838Join my new writing contest!

I may do, been busy with work and such; hence not being on the forums alot.

mauserclock

PecanClock

I saw a video tutorial for the new features in CS4 and they looks incredible, but I don't use flash often enough to make it worth my while to upgrade.