Author Topic: ITT: Albums purchased recently  (Read 43897 times)

RobClock

• ееее DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF ееее
  • Official Clock
  • Popsts: 0
    • Newgrounds: RobertClock
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant For winning flash of the month For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Pass The Cash Participant Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Participation in Fifen This Movie Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kaijuturtle.com
    • Awards
ITT: Albums purchased recently
« Reply #280 on: September 27, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
Preordered this. Pretty pumped for it.

EvilBeanClock

• pathetic
  • Official Clock
  • Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: September 27, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
Quote from: RobClock;1923955
Preordered this. Pretty pumped for it.

omg omg its finally happening

TequilaClock

• Founder of the Ivy League Brotherhood
  • Official Clock
  • Wicked Sick
    • Newgrounds: Monodi
    • View Profile
    • Ascorbic Arts
    • Awards
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:43 PM »

pop-tart

• Administrator
    • Newgrounds: pop-tart
  • Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Turn Back The Clock Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: October 28, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Coheed & Cambria: Afterman Ascension

6/10

This album is a bit of a mess. An enjoyable mess, but a mess.

With the return of Josh Eppard on drums, there is a clear attempt to return to the band's roots after a dissapointing release with Black Rainbow.

It's the story if Sirius Amory, the scientist who discovers the keywork which encompasses the solar system in the C&C universe. Sirius encounters (and his body is taken over by) various "entities." The album art is worth the ten bucks alone.. as it takes you through each of these possessions.

The album opens with a dramatic piano instrumental that contains elements of the classic Amory theme from their earlier work. It flows right into their first single, and the first entity encounter, Domino The Destitute, which could have been plucked straight off of IKSSE or GA1. So far, the "old school" Coheed fans will be ecstatic.

We then take a right turn into the title track. You know when Smashing Pumpkins comes on the radio and you immediately change the station? Yeah. Skip button.

Mothers Of Men is slightly enjoyable. The lyrical meter is almost hip-hopish at times... spewed with an Eminem like angst. No idea what they're singing about. Could've swore I heard the word Chewbacca in there.

Goodnight Fair Lady.. we're right back into classic Coheed. This sounds like Faint Of Hearts meets Blood Red Summer meets The Suffering. With nothing "new" to enjoy... I find myself skipping this too.

Now we meet the second entity.. with the most enjoyable track, the aptly named Holly Wood the Cracked. I say aptly because this has a Sunset Strip, Motley Crue, GnR kick in the kidneys to it. Raw riffs... raw lyrics.

Vic The Butcher comes next. Not a bad song, per se. More classic Coheed to enjoy. The reason it doesn't work is because Vic is supposed to be the most vicious of the entities.. with obvious throwbacks to Al The Killer in KS. But the song is inferior to the previous track, sucking the momentum out of the plot. Meh, maybe it's just me.

Well, Vic does a huge number on Sirius... and he is basically 'saved' by a kinder entity, Evagria The Faithful. We are now back in "stop trying to be artsy" mode. Like they're trying to be modern and retro at the same time. 70s groove funk meets R2-D2 beeps and whistles. It just doesn't work.

Like so many of their albums before, the album fades out on a chipmunky acoustic piece, this one called Subtraction. At this point, I've been losing interest since Holly Wood and usually just shut the thing off. Maybe one day I will listen to the entire last song.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:26:56 PM by pop-tart »

Vegetable Lasagna

• that's my apple juice
  • Official Clock
  • For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Good popstin, bro. Props
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: October 28, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
i shit you not

Vegetable Lasagna

• that's my apple juice
  • Official Clock
  • For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Good popstin, bro. Props
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #285 on: October 28, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »
also this

and this

i'm ashamed of the fact that i didn't already own both
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:29:46 PM by DumpsterClock »

SixShooterClock

• ####
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mysapce.com/samwhitethekysaint
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »

Losperman

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: December 04, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »

And it is pretty damned great.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

Losperman

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: March 06, 2013, 10:19:13 PM »
Holy crap, a three month old double post.

+Inception soundtrack
+Muse: The 2nd Law
+Fiona Apple: The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

Vegetable Lasagna

• that's my apple juice
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »

EvilBeanClock

• pathetic
  • Official Clock
  • Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #290 on: March 07, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
charles manson - air
steve roach - structures from silence

TequilaClock

• Official Clock
  • Wicked Sick
    • View Profile
    • Ascorbic Arts
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »

Outrun is FUCKING great
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:05:56 PM by TequilaClock »

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

• a serious detriment to society
  • Official Clock
  • Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie For excellence in the field of excellence Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine For Creating at least 15 Flash Movies in the Flash Flood. For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2013, 09:00:25 PM »
I love this album so much, you can listen to the whole thing for free here. It's weird breakcore music, outside that I'm not sure how to describe it. I have never heard anything quite like this besides maybe Lauren's previous band Nero's Day At Disneyland. However This album is more "musical" I think. The vocals bring to mind Throbbing Gristle just a bit, the music is just all over the place and spans a wide variety of styles and emotions. Here's a couple songs I really liked off it.

Seraphim Sliding Backwards
[youtube]lwDBrY7P9RE[/youtube]

That Was Everything That I Owned
[youtube]8Kchr6L3Qk8[/youtube]

Pulling Down Never
[youtube]3SmBLx3RJeA[/youtube]

TequilaClock

• Official Clock
  • Wicked Sick
    • View Profile
    • Ascorbic Arts
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: April 01, 2013, 03:20:49 AM »
I guess it was intended to be obvious I already owned Cross, but I didn't, so I bought it two weeks ago.

Also, this one will arrive around April 15th.

I really like Kraftwerk, you guys.

Hey Dumpster let's be Kraftwerk bros

TequilaClock

• Official Clock
  • Wicked Sick
    • View Profile
    • Ascorbic Arts
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »

TequilaClock

• Official Clock
  • Wicked Sick
    • View Profile
    • Ascorbic Arts
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »
Finally.

I am still surprised Kraftwerk hasn't released official CDs of this.

TequilaClock

• Official Clock
  • Wicked Sick
    • View Profile
    • Ascorbic Arts
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

I am on a spree.

HotPocketClock

• {{{}}}
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »

VCRClock

• DING DONG
  • Administrator
    • Newgrounds: vcrclock
  • Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2013, 12:10:28 AM »

I keep different mental lists of "albums I want" and "albums I should already have"

PatriotClock

• Outlaw To The End
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2008 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Turn Back The Clock Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »