News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 29, 2019, 05:26:01 PM
Now the only issue in my life is I moved in with someone who chose to buy a second soundbar instead of afford rent his second month here, whose hobby is playing the same song loud for hours at a time

the first time I had to craigslist for a roommate, it worked out really nicely and I lived with a cool dude for a while

the second and third time, there weren't many real candidates to choose from and I needed someone to pay rent, so I went with the first people who didn't throw any huge red flags...
the second time left me asking myself "are some people just... stupid?," but at least I wasn't the one to end it
the third time has resulted in me living with a lot of "*DEFAULT VERIZON RINGTONE* hay," among other things I just don't like. but I know I'm mostly unhappy because I am a judgmental asshole, but "you suck, just, you know, in general" doesn't hold up in court.

pretend you're my long lost cousin and move in with me

Quote from: GreyClock on May 30, 2019, 01:58:27 PM
Mashing Pumpkins. Neural Milk Hotel. Nine Inch Ails. Letters to Leo. The Ramons. On Jovi. Metallic. Jefferson Airplan. Jefferson Tarship. Tarship. Cosby, Stills, Nash & Young. REO Peedwagon. New Ork Dolls. Bod Count. Lady Gag. Rollins Ban. Pal Simon. Steve Wonder. Georg Harrison. Michael Jackso. The Artist Formerly Known a Prince. Prius. Lice in Chains. Alice in Chins. Too. Perfect Circle. The Andy Warhols. Godsack. Wu-Tang Can. The Notorious BI. Mindless Elf Indulgence. Stone Temple Plots.

It's a lot of fun.
this post was well worth the price of admission, and then some
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

I didn't realize you had such bad experiences with VuvuzelaClock

I'm actually moving back to California for probably a couplo [sic] years after this, but that would be cool. My roommate talents are:

• I never make any noise, ever
• I will use and instantly wash the same cup and spoon for months in the name of never putting anything into the sink pile
• marginally handy

GreyClock

Hey listen, what's up with uh... roommates? Living together with some person you hardly know. I couldn't abide by that shit. Back in college I actually put off moving out until I could get a studio apartment just for me. Having to deal day in and day out with some guy named Terry and him existing in the same general area as you... holy moly. I'm a disgusting drunken slob with strange habits, so the Terrys of this world can probably count themselves lucky, but still. Is the rent that bad? Or are there other concerns? My current (cheap) studio apartment is so cramped I can just about piss in the kitchen sink from my bed. At least no Terry though.

GreyClock

Is there anybody here who likes to read true crime? If so, any recommendations? I read the holy trinity (I guess) of In Cold Blood / Helter Skelter / The Executioner's Song. Which were all great in their own respective ways. I liked everything from the small nuts and bolts court and investigative stuff, to the deeply personal, human element, to the larger impressions of the communities and culture(s) that spawned these acts. That said, taking a bird's eye view of the genre, it seems potentially lousy with sensationalist dog shit. Especially in the hands of less (than) gifted writers.

Come to think of it, perhaps I should check out non-fiction books in other genres that tackle different subjects in similar ways? Politics for instance.

PhantomCatClock

The only crime book I've read was just because it was a guy who wrote comedy interactive fiction from my childhood and I wanted to encourage his new career

it was decent

GreyClock

See, that's why I like to brain dump here. Writing that made me realize it wasn't necessarily the reading about one person stabbing another to death that interested me in these books, rather it was the handling of the subject as a whole. (Phew!)

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 31, 2019, 05:00:55 PM
The only crime book I've read was just because it was a guy who wrote comedy interactive fiction from my childhood and I wanted to encourage his new career

it was decent
Cool. I'll check out that unnamed book from the guy from your childhood. Thanks for the hot tip!

PhantomCatClock

it is called Eye Contact and it is by Fergus McNeill

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 31, 2019, 07:51:15 AM
• I will use and instantly wash the same cup and spoon for months in the name of never putting anything into the sink pile

I'm so glad we see eye to eye on this matter

Quote from: GreyClock on May 31, 2019, 12:26:09 PM
Is the rent that bad?

In short, I can't afford to live in the actual city unless I live with at least one roommate, buuut if I didn't have any student loans, I'd be able to afford a studio apartment in my building and continue my subsistence lifestyle.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 31, 2019, 06:36:24 PM

The only true crime book on my shelf is The Circus Fire by Stewart O'Nan. Not a recent read, but it's a fascinating disaster and it have picture.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

GreyClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 31, 2019, 06:36:24 PM
it is called Guy Contact and it is by Faggus McPeniss

VCRClock

I can tell by the capitalization and spacing that pcat apparently retyped "you cannot fuck a girl because you have a little one" when renaming this group of forums to "losperlan."

Between this and WaferClock attempting to make a "you can not fuck a girl because you have a little one" joke, YCNFAGBYHALO has grown 200% from being my own personal joke that only I get.

The backstory is that I used to hang out in Newgrounds IRC in 2005, and this one time, an Italian guy came on and somebody did something to make him mad, probably just telling him to go to #nglove if he was trying to have cybersex. His idea of an "I'm mad" onomotopoeia was "puffff." Then he said "you can not  fuck a girl because you have a little one" and I remembered it forever. The end.

Quote from: #newgrounds.com quotes, or i was the antithesis of funny in 2005.txt18:26:02   <hot_guy> you can not  fuck a girl because you have a little one

PhantomCatClock

i originally changed the desc to losperlan(d) but realized that was not the group name

i FUCKED the CAPS and i KNEW I DID i KNEW IT but nobody's going to notice BUT SOMEONE DID

[u2]jrXlrPS5-UA[/u2]

(pretend we have real u2 tags and not shitty ones made by hand and i linked to 5s in that video)

RobClock

GreyClock

We're all around thirty years old now, right? You ever feel weird when you're looking at say a live performance of a band you really like and realizing you're older now than the performers were at the time? I guess it could also apply to watching current musicians who are younger than you, period. I can't put my finger on what the feeling actually is. Could be anything from slight envy to some sort of patronizing "good job kid" type thing. Whatever it is, it takes some of the enjoyment out of it.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: RobClock on June 01, 2019, 11:34:42 PM
[u2]ishG4r7fu7g[/u2].

The last Godzilla I watched was the Matthew Broderick one because everyone's had nothing but complaints for the ones out while I was old enough to understand complaints about. I'm the easiest person in the world to please, but damn if Godzilla fans aren't passionate. If they can't vote with their wallets, I'll help

Roommate has been binge watching every (every) Godzilla movie to get ready for this one and was BLOWN AWAY by it, and the first few seconds of your review was enough to back that up

also thought the first song was from the cartoon show i remembered but NAHHHH i just don't know enough about godzilla that's obviously some dignified original trackâ€"until your closing jingle

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: GreyClock on June 02, 2019, 07:59:15 AM
We're all around thirty years old now, right? You ever feel weird when you're looking at say a live performance of a band you really like and realizing you're older now than the performers were at the time? I guess it could also apply to watching current musicians who are younger than you, period. I can't put my finger on what the feeling actually is. Could be anything from slight envy to some sort of patronizing "good job kid" type thing. Whatever it is, it takes some of the enjoyment out of it.

I'm getting over this, but it was/still kind of is a part of my thought process. We're proud fuckers, us clocks.

GreyClock

The only Godzilla related thing I care about is that one scene from Arrested Development.

RAAAAA! GODZIWRA!

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on June 02, 2019, 08:53:55 AMI'm getting over this, but it was/still kind of is a part of my thought process. We're proud fuckers, us clocks.
Yeah. Also maybe deep down I feel like it's a gay thing. Like, why are you watching a video of this supple young man singing his heart out?

Coupled with how I simultaneously get and don't get why singing a song (on a stage) is in any way perceived as being cool. You could be the most hardcore OG rapper or GG Allin... yeah whatever, go ahead and sing us your melodic little ditty you big fruit.

I think I've filled this month's homophobia quota.

GreyClock

- Salutations, this is DOCTOR Snobbington the Fourth FROM BEL AIR! I demand information on this product your company is selling.
- I'm sorry, I don't have that information available to me right now. [It's fucking Sunday evening. It's a different fucking department. Fuck you in general.] I can pass along your question to a colleague. He or she will contact you tomorrow.
- [to someone else on the other end of the phone, yet still audible:] See, didn't I tell you people today are stupid? --What can you do?
- Like I said [you pompous old dogfucker], I can have my colleague call you back or I can send you a brochure.
- Send me the brochure. Can you do that?
- I think I can just about manage.
- Just about manage he says.

I wish I was running the mailroom.

GreyClock

And here I've been thinking that they made up people like this just for TV.

RobClock

i made a bar/counter for the pallet wall around the fire pit

NintendrCkolc