Register

Author Topic: Precious Moments Collectors' Thread  (Read 12117297 times)

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: GreyClock
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2003 Participant For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Precious Moments Collectors' Thread
« Reply #112240 on: August 21, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »
To expound on some things: do you understand German, Slurps? Like, you say "he's plain spoken" when to me, regardless of the lyrics, he sounds like a goddamn creep. Which is interesting.

Also, you said "music is apparently the one medium where instead for some reason my reaction is holy fuck that was so intense wowww. whoa. let me go tell the clock crew", which I interpreted as music being the only medium where you get the "intense wow" reaction, rather than it being the only medium where you want to tell us when such a reaction occurs. Right? Because I find that while with music it's easy to tear up and get goosebumps and all that shit. The gut-wrench is mostly reserved for long-form stuff like movies and literature. Hence my example. Although I've gotten it from looking at a single painting as well.

Okay, goodbye forever.

Slurpee

• I sure xylophone do I xylophone
  • Official Clock
  • Slurpee Posts: 3522
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant One of the beautiful people Clock Day 2017 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112241 on: August 21, 2019, 04:16:21 PM »
You know that feeling like there's an actual physical pain in the pit of your stomach? Is there a word for that? Gut-wrenching, in a literal sense, I guess. Webster's doesn't include that definition, but Urban Dictionary says: "[...] that your stomach feels knotted." Anywho, even though it sorta sucks and it doesn't happen that often, it's cool that a work of art can have such a powerful effect on you. I read Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground some years ago and the unnamed narrator was dogshit personified, so much so that I still get a muted version of that feeling thinking about him now.
I like the "knots in your stomach" idiom because it describes the feeling exactly
I think the feeling itself comes from sympathetic anxiety?

there should just be a word for it, though. like how you can get "the chills"
"ohh, I got the... dops. that song gave me dops"

Slurpee

• Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant One of the beautiful people Clock Day 2017 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112242 on: August 21, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »
To expound on some things: do you understand German, Slurps? Like, you say "he's plain spoken" when to me, regardless of the lyrics, he sounds like a goddamn creep. Which is interesting.
I don't understand as much german as somebody who actually understands german, but I understand enough to surprise a german-speaking customer

I just meant he wasn't singing, I guess? there are probably subtleties that are lost on me
for sure in the first verse I think he starts out sounding very plain-spoken. and as he gets more emotional in the build-up to the chorus it could go either way. like... Hotline Bling? lol. "ever since I left the city, you–" like drake didn't mean to sound paternalistic and overinvested, it just happened that way. he thought he was making a song about caring

Slurpee

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112243 on: August 21, 2019, 04:17:09 PM »
Also, you said "music is apparently the one medium where instead for some reason my reaction is holy fuck that was so intense wowww. whoa. let me go tell the clock crew", which I interpreted as music being the only medium where you get the "intense wow" reaction, rather than it being the only medium where you want to tell us when such a reaction occurs. Right? Because I find that while with music it's easy to tear up and get goosebumps and all that shit. The gut-wrench is mostly reserved for long-form stuff like movies and literature. Hence my example. Although I've gotten it from looking at a single painting as well.
right yeah

Slurpee

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112244 on: August 21, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »

Slurpee

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112245 on: August 21, 2019, 05:05:31 PM »
but I understand enough to surprise a german-speaking customer
haben sie einen lichtbildausweis?

tienes una identificacion con foto?

avez-vou une photo d'identité?

mayroon ka bang photo ID?

aveti un ID foto?

*questioning look* *pointing at you* *bending hands inward toward chest* *c shape with dominant hand moved to flat palm of upright inward-facing non-dominant hand* *pinky up* *index finger up*

Slurpee

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112246 on: August 21, 2019, 05:20:04 PM »
me, a checkout clerk: *learns rudimentary phrases and grammar in 6 different languages to do a better job*
*memorizes 10-digit upc codes for dozens of different products*
*patient, courteous, fast, efficient*
*described by coworkers as "phenomenal"*
annual performance review from my employer: 7/10

sometimes when I think about my old job I want to burn things
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:21:55 PM by Slurpee »

RobClock

• ¥¥¥¥ DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF ¥¥¥¥
  • Official Clock
  • Popsts: 0
    • Newgrounds: RobertClock
  • Going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty. AAAAAA Clock Day 2019 Participant One of the beautiful people Clock Day 2018 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For winning flash of the month Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Pass The Cash Participant Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Participation in Fifen This Movie Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kaijuturtle.com
    • Awards
« Reply #112247 on: August 21, 2019, 05:44:20 PM »
SlurpeeClock? More like Herr Slurpensheister

miracle fruit

• Global Moderator
  • CCs: 15224
    • Newgrounds: MiracleFruitClock
  • For excellence in the field of excellence Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Clock Day 2014 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Good popstin, bro. Props
    • View Profile
    • http://miraclefruitclock.newgrounds.com/flash/
    • Awards
« Reply #112248 on: August 21, 2019, 06:19:39 PM »

RobClock

• Official Clock
  • Going Above and Beyond the Call of Duty. AAAAAA Clock Day 2019 Participant One of the beautiful people Clock Day 2018 Participant For excellence in the field of excellence Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For winning flash of the month Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Pass The Cash Participant Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities Participation in Fifen This Movie Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112249 on: August 21, 2019, 06:46:49 PM »
https://www.notjordanpeterson.com/

2 minute wait to type something, ten minute wait to hear it back. I just wanted to hear the lispy bastard say ‘strawberry clock’

Slurpee

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112250 on: August 21, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »

I don't remember what I typed

Slurpee

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112251 on: August 21, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »
I know you were all on the edge of your seats
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0DyR07SUNL7

this would be an extremely powerful tool for making flash movies if I wasn't a cretinous deadbeat

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • Ghosts: 1
    • Newgrounds: PhantomCat
  • For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Participation in Fifen This Movie Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112252 on: August 21, 2019, 08:21:15 PM »
me, a checkout clerk: *learns rudimentary phrases and grammar in 6 different languages to do a better job*
*memorizes 10-digit upc codes for dozens of different products*
*patient, courteous, fast, efficient*
*described by coworkers as "phenomenal"*
annual performance review from my employer: 7/10

sometimes when I think about my old job I want to burn things

is this a etsy enamel pin i can collect

RobClock

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112253 on: August 21, 2019, 10:06:01 PM »
I know you were all on the edge of your seats
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0DyR07SUNL7

this would be an extremely powerful tool for making flash movies if I wasn't a cretinous deadbeat

Beautiful

I may utilize this as the voice of RobClock going forward. I’ve had a hard go of it since naturalvoices Charles was put out to pasture

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For having submitted at least 50 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Participation in Fifen This Movie Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112254 on: August 21, 2019, 10:12:26 PM »
naturalvoices Charles was put out to pasture

it wasn't just bought up?

RobClock

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112255 on: August 21, 2019, 10:15:31 PM »
naturalvoices Charles was put out to pasture

it wasn't just bought up?

WHAT THE FUCK WHY AM I JUST FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS NOW IT HAS BEEN FIVE YEARS

GOD BLESS YOU PHANTOM CAT

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112256 on: August 21, 2019, 10:51:22 PM »
ok i'm back

it's been a really long time

this is the last thing the angel showed me after i wished i'd never been born after losing a game of super tux racer

the other world was worse, yeah, but like, i was obviously joking

anyway it's nice to see the version of history where you got the voice back i'm gonna go to sleep you would not believe how long this day has been

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: GreyClock
  • Clock Day 2019 Participant Clock Day 2018 Participant Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2003 Participant For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112257 on: August 22, 2019, 03:38:56 AM »
haben sie einen lichtbildausweis?
There are only two correct ways to ask for identification in German and that is by either shouting "AUSWEIS!" or "PAPIEREN!"

https://www.notjordanpeterson.com/
I hoped this was a version of Youtube where I'm not recommended videos like "Jordan Peterson DESTROYS feminist" every five seconds.

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112258 on: August 23, 2019, 06:27:49 PM »
THIS SUMMER Macaulay Culkin stars in the amazing true story of the second ever time a bank lent money to a gay man

I call it

Homo Loan 2

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112259 on: August 23, 2019, 08:12:53 PM »
Is there anyone here who's seen every iteration of Full-Metal Alchemist?