News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

"orcy donkee", an a.i. dungeon adventure part 3 of four

TO BE CONCLUDED...

Slurpee

and now, the thrilling conclusion of "orcy dokee"

RobClock

put that on a 3.5" floppy and sell it for $60

BinaryClock

BinaryClock, if you wanna play uno type !unohelp to see how to

BinaryClock

RobClock

NintendrCkolc

I haven't slept properly in close to a week. It's really starting to get annoying.

Happens to me every so often. I'll fall asleep for like a few hours maybe and then wake up and can't fall back to sleep at all and just toss and turn for hours on in. Super fun.

pop-tart

GreyClock

Quote from: NintendrCkolc on January 19, 2020, 05:48:41 PM
I haven't slept properly in close to a week. It's really starting to get annoying.

Happens to me every so often. I'll fall asleep for like a few hours maybe and then wake up and can't fall back to sleep at all and just toss and turn for hours on in. Super fun.
I've had that same problem for ages now it feels like. Nothing worked. Now, instead of trying to force myself to go to sleep I just try to enjoy it. I'm in a comfortable, warm bed thinking about whatever, random stuff. It's nice. (I sometimes try and get my cat involved but he sleeps on the couch for the majority of the night and only joins me in bed in the early morning for some reason.) That all said, the next day will still fucking blow, but at least the night was somewhat enjoyable. It's a small victory.

If you can't change the situation, change your perception of it. Buddha probably said something to that effect.

Slurpee

ok clock crew action response team

what going on in colorado then eh?

what's that all about?

somebody set the lake on fire or something?
did hedorah get loose?
there's nothing in the news

GreyClock

It's down to 87 again. Maybe erroneous readings or a (nearby) fire? Or maybe NintendoClock was driving through the area?

There's a place in Mexico which is at 867, so I figured it must be Mexico City or something, but it's the state congress in a city called Zacatecas. It's been like that for the last 48 hours at least. http://aqicn.org/city/mexico/zacatecas/zacatecas/explanada-del-congreso/m/
The information delivery isn't that great, because you can't hover over the graph for detailed numbers. It only shows min/max so I'm going to assume the low ones are 867 and the high ones 868, even though they look like massive spikes. There's nothing on a local news website ("Alert on the sale of synthetic tortillas"). The local basketball team is called The Miners though, so that might be a clue. Yeah, it's a town surrounded by mountains and mines.

BinaryClock

triple digits for the last couple weeks :sick:

Slurpee

computer, tell me more about "Alert on the sale of synthetic tortillas"

GreyClock

GreyClock

If you google PM10 999 you get articles about "The Great Smog of Delhi" in 2017. At the moment Delhi's at 696. Also 999 is the max they can measure apparently. (Have you seen Chernobyl?)

Makes you wonder what's going on in a relatively small city like that.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dingbian,+Yulin,+Shaanxi,+China/@37.5802339,107.6032717,29528m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x366bc115da169a6f:0x6ed22d92b9c8007a!8m2!3d37.594612!4d107.601267

It does seem rather arid. Perhaps a dust storm?

Slurpee

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on January 20, 2020, 02:53:58 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on January 20, 2020, 02:51:09 PM
(Have you seen Chernobyl?)
I have not
It's pretty damn good. In it there's something about the radiation not being that bad, only 3.something roentgen, but the equipment can only measure up to 3.something it turns out. When in actual fact it's at Chernobyl levels. (Hence...)

Dingbian dropped to 156. I wonder if you could someday find an explanation for such a spike somewhere on the internet, if you kept your eye on it.

Slurpee

oh like in jurassic park with the machine that counted dinosaurs

the book not the movie

Slurpee

there's probably somebody you could ask about the air quality monitoring
stations? devices?
it's somebody's job, right?

they'd probably be stoked to answer questions, it sucks to be an expert in something nobody gives a shit about

RobClock

Quote from: Slurpee on January 20, 2020, 12:55:17 PM
ok clock crew action response team
-snip-

Cape Breton sitting at 18