News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

yeah that is a conundrum good luck

PhantomCatClock

would you rather have an infected vestigial second jaw bone or the ability to grant wishes

edit: nevermind I got an answer

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on February 13, 2020, 07:24:56 PM
would you rather have an infected vestigial second jaw bone or the ability to grant wishes
yes

Slurpee

we're a little more than a month away from the next half-life game

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

oh right nobody's going to be able to play it because it's vr bullshit lol

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Just got a late and awesome collection  of birthday presents in the mail. new ps2 controller, controller extender (remember how short controller cables were what the hell), freemcboot memory card, and a spindle of DVD-Rs. I can play all the entirely legal ps2 backups I want now. burned a few good &/1 games to start with too. Jak & Daxter 1, Ratchet & Clank 1, Drake 'n' Gard 1. Drakenjosh? FMVs will sometimes skip slightly and the burned disk noise is loud as hell but it works fine otherwise. Eventually I'm gonna get a network adapter and a hard drive setup for it. burned games are cheaper for now, and work fine so far. loud as fuck though. god damn there's so much I missed out on with this console, the to-play list I've built up is already huge and I'm still finding out about obscure releases fan translated jp-only games and odd ports that only the ps2 got. and then really obvious releases I didn't even think to get at first.  The only thing I'm really restricted from is PAL-only releases. they have some sort of cropping issue going on even if my tv can do 50hz, not sure if it does or not. so Michigan Report From Hell and Gregory Horror Show will have to wait till I can figure that out. Oh and dual layer disk games I guess but a lot of those seem to have hacks to make them 2-disk games. and someday I can just load the giant regular ISOs onto an internal hard drive. you're normally restricted to a certain drive size but you can get converters for drives up to 2tb.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RobClock on February 13, 2020, 04:41:37 PM
Quote from: DOGGO_CLOCK on February 13, 2020, 04:27:26 PM
Wait times over here are pretty bad too, most people are on the waiting list for at least a year, like my ma, she was getting a hand operation and she waited 2 years for that I think. The NHS over here is a mess, and I feel bad for any of the poor souls who work there.

people who demand socialized healthcare seldom realize that you're as likely to die in queue as you are to die because you couldnt afford a doctor

have you considered egging trudeau's house until he moves you further up in the queue?

PhantomCatClock

I've only backed up one PS2 game and that's because it was a demo disk that I had to work super hard to get, but the copy protection was like... they prayed that nobody would have a computer with a DVD drive? Because all I did was make an iso of it and it runs in an emulator

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on February 13, 2020, 10:11:42 PM
Quote from: RobClock on February 13, 2020, 04:41:37 PM
Quote from: DOGGO_CLOCK on February 13, 2020, 04:27:26 PM
Wait times over here are pretty bad too, most people are on the waiting list for at least a year, like my ma, she was getting a hand operation and she waited 2 years for that I think. The NHS over here is a mess, and I feel bad for any of the poor souls who work there.

people who demand socialized healthcare seldom realize that you're as likely to die in queue as you are to die because you couldnt afford a doctor

have you considered egging trudeau's house until he moves you further up in the queue?

not until now, but ill let you know how it goes

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on February 14, 2020, 06:36:44 PM
Quotehave you considered egging trudeau's house until he moves you further up in the queue?

not until now, but ill let you know how it goes
A Nova Scotia man has been arrested in his forest compound tonight after a series of online threats against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Police say...

GreyClock

You're a Nova Scotian right? Nova Scot. Nova Scotsman. You ever been to Cocagne? Land of milk and honey, where the pigs walk around with knives in their back?

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on February 14, 2020, 06:58:47 PM
You're a Nova Scotian right? Nova Scot. Nova Scotsman. You ever been to Cocagne? Land of milk and honey, where the pigs walk around with knives in their back?

I'm from Cape Breton, the highlands of Nova Scotia. Also Cocagne is in New Brunswick and i've left my province exactly once in my life.

GreyClock

So you're living in a region named after a French place in a province named after Scotland? And the French place is named after one of the peoples from the Kingdom that the province is named after? Shit.

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on February 14, 2020, 07:14:47 PM
So you're living in a region named after a French place in a province named after Scotland? And the French place is named after one of the peoples from the Kingdom that the province is named after? Shit.

Cape Breton is only named after a French place by extension of Britain :shrug:

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on February 14, 2020, 07:19:54 PM

w
hat

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on February 14, 2020, 07:29:00 PM
Quote from: RobClock on February 14, 2020, 07:19:54 PM

w
hat

The French occupied this land prior to the British, and during the 'New France' period Cape Breton was called Île Royale. Jimmy Wolfe rolled in, took louisbourg and kept on rolling, the name was changed to Cape Breton. Does the name 'Britain' not also come as a derivative of the Brittany region?

Slurpee

I think I just read today that they actually don't know for sure where the name Britain comes from