News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

[u2]DeE8Sy4fffo[/u2]
only for a moment and the moment's gone

Slurpee

[u2]bf76B8W38eQ[/u2]

seriously what is this fucking haunted dollhouse sex music

PhantomCatClock

okay, gonna find a full soundtrack video for next time I'm working, because I only remember the baby bowser one so far

PhantomCatClock

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I have a vivid memory of playing yoshi's story at a toys r us kiosk when I was 6. it was an early version still in japanese and I was too dumb to get past the elephant. it came out the next year and I never got to beat it cause i only rented it. I gotta fix that. I mean what the hell else am I supposed to do right now. learn to draw or some shit? HAH. I'm actually playing symphony of the night right because I'm the one weirdo who hasn't played it yet.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 27, 2020, 01:45:06 AM
okay, gonna find a full soundtrack video for next time I'm working, because I only remember the baby bowser one so far
I love N64 music in general. and the way the console sounds. I think it's just a sampler like the SNES, but like the SNES it has it's own unique feel to it. it just makes me happy, I even prefer the smash 64 versions of all the songs on it compared to their 16 bit counterparts.
[u2]qx8acf8mlec[/u2]
[u2]K7uYJbKBuqE[/u2]
[u2]shvbqQ-1vww[/u2]
[u2]b7T1SVnXYsk[/u2]

I'm pretty sure that's the actual mario 64 soundfont in the last one.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 27, 2020, 01:53:23 AM
i did it

i found the dickwolf

I nominate the gaydad wolf as the next olympic mascot

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 25, 2020, 02:50:01 PMWhy in terms of what?

Mistrust of authority; I generally believe that those who strive for positions of power do so out of self interest rather than for the good of others

Federal; Trudeau has initiated a number of changes in his tenure that I fundamentally disagree with.

Provincial; the Cape Breton Regional Municipality is responsible for 33% of the provinces gross tax intake,

Municipal; Cecil Clarke is a swindler and career politician.
Yeah, that's a fine answer. I didn't want to elaborate on the question, ruining the joke about not having enough time to ask the world's shortest one. Levity is the goal of shit, as they say. If you feel like it, I could ask some more questions like: what do you care who's on money? Do you actually actively hate the various levels of government? Seems like a waste of energy really?

This part I found especially interesting: "the declaration of Canada as a post national society, essentially disowning the Canadian Identity and our cultural heritage". I looked it up and he said "there is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada" and several articles blowing him about how revolutionary of a statement that is. In 2007 our future queen said "The Dutch identity doesn't exist." I don't know, to me that seems pretty reasonable, no? We don't all smoke weed in windmills all day. You're not all Mounties sucking maple syrup off of moosecocks. Some people might check all those boxes, some might not. People like and do different things. There might be overlap on a thousand things, but there's divergence on just as many. What statements like that don't do is elevate one group over another, identifying them as a sort of mold or goal to strive for. I think that's a good thing.

That said, I fundamentally don't understand patriotism. Happy King's Day everybody!

GreyClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 27, 2020, 01:53:23 AM
i did it

i found the dickwolf

It's like a mental Möbius strip of balls. "No, those are the balls!" "No, those are the balls!" "No, those are the balls!" "No, those are the balls!" "No, those are the balls!"

And to think he went on to create one of the biggest franchises in TV history.

k9

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on April 27, 2020, 02:12:50 AM
I have a vivid memory of playing yoshi's story at a toys r us kiosk when I was 6. it was an early version still in japanese and I was too dumb to get past the elephant. it came out the next year and I never got to beat it cause i only rented it. I gotta fix that.

You could emulate it, or if you have a homebrew Wii I could try sending you the Virtual Console .wad file. Honestly, Yoshi's Story is the weakest one to me, it controls like shit and the level design is really boring. I love the art style and music though. Basically I like everything thats not the actual game lol. I feel like Crafted World was the ideas of Story but put into a much better game, and its fucking waaaay longer too. If Story's a curiousity to you though, it's worth playing.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: K-9_CLOCK on April 27, 2020, 03:34:33 AMYou could emulate it, or if you have a homebrew Wii I could try sending you the Virtual Console .wad file. Honestly, Yoshi's Story is the weakest one to me, it controls like shit and the level design is really boring. I love the art style and music though. Basically I like everything thats not the actual game lol. I feel like Crafted World was the ideas of Story but put into a much better game, and its fucking waaaay longer too. If Story's a curiousity to you though, it's worth playing.
I'm probably gonna do the wii wad thing cause those emulate better than the actual n64 games. I know it's not the best yoshi game, I knew that as a kid even, but I've always wanted to play through it. it's short and easy anyways. and it's better than the worst kirby game at least, I want to play dreamland 3 but it's sooooo boring compared to super star, and the other dreamland games really. Still, I'll beat that too someday.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

also lmao last of us 2. glad I didn't bother with the first one.

GreyClock

And now I'm going to talk about ladyfolk. Some of you have already lamented the absence of opportunities to subject women to your protusions, now it's my turn.

Not exactly. It's more about life in general. The way it's set up, the way we experience it. La condition humaine. Time.

Some context: I sometimes think that I don't meet any interesting women anymore. Women that have read a book, don't obsess over dog shit TV and social media. That's largely my own fault, the circles I move in. The technologies I stay away from. I once said I'd like to meet a girl with green hair who likes Slayer. I don't particularly like green hair or Slayer, but it's something. Something different. I know it's whiny, lazy, very superficial in some warped way, whatever.

Yesterday I had the briefest encounter (nothing sexual) with a cute lady. She had tattoos and a scruffy dog. That doesn't make her interesting by definition. She was nice (and see above). I don't think we would have gotten married if I had done things differently, maybe I repulsed her to her core. That's not the point. The point is that at the time I was preoccupied with something I don't even remember now. The moment passed, I went on my merry way. That's all fine. But then later, my brain's like "You fucked that right up son. That was her man." And I'm like "I seriously doubt that. She probably eats her own nail clippings or something." But the doubt lingers, which is annoying. That sense of, moments in time, forks in the road, bends in the river, all that shit. So yeah, what's the deal with that?

k9

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on April 27, 2020, 03:58:10 AM
Quote from: K-9_CLOCK on April 27, 2020, 03:34:33 AMYou could emulate it, or if you have a homebrew Wii I could try sending you the Virtual Console .wad file. Honestly, Yoshi's Story is the weakest one to me, it controls like shit and the level design is really boring. I love the art style and music though. Basically I like everything thats not the actual game lol. I feel like Crafted World was the ideas of Story but put into a much better game, and its fucking waaaay longer too. If Story's a curiousity to you though, it's worth playing.
I'm probably gonna do the wii wad thing cause those emulate better than the actual n64 games. I know it's not the best yoshi game, I knew that as a kid even, but I've always wanted to play through it. it's short and easy anyways. and it's better than the worst kirby game at least, I want to play dreamland 3 but it's sooooo boring compared to super star, and the other dreamland games really. Still, I'll beat that too someday.

Dreamland 3 is ok, it has a lovely art style, but it came out after Super Star didn't it? Wheres the movesets? To me adding movesets in Super Star was like adding lock-strafe to Ratchet & Clank 3, its such a huge jump forward that every game in the series since has benefitted from.

Can you get a hold of the .wad yourself? I might still have it if you need me to send it to you.

GreyClock

It's real hard to get a hold of, it's all fluid and elusive. Let me have your wad.

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on April 27, 2020, 04:19:09 AM
And now I'm going to talk about ladyfolk. Some of you have already lamented the absence of opportunities to subject women to your protusions, now it's my turn.

Not exactly. It's more about life in general. The way it's set up, the way we experience it. La condition humaine. Time.

Some context: I sometimes think that I don't meet any interesting women anymore. Women that have read a book, don't obsess over dog shit TV and social media. That's largely my own fault, the circles I move in. The technologies I stay away from. I once said I'd like to meet a girl with green hair who likes Slayer. I don't particularly like green hair or Slayer, but it's something. Something different. I know it's whiny, lazy, very superficial in some warped way, whatever.

Yesterday I had the briefest encounter (nothing sexual) with a cute lady. She had tattoos and a scruffy dog. That doesn't make her interesting by definition. She was nice (and see above). I don't think we would have gotten married if I had done things differently, maybe I repulsed her to her core. That's not the point. The point is that at the time I was preoccupied with something I don't even remember now. The moment passed, I went on my merry way. That's all fine. But then later, my brain's like "You fucked that right up son. That was her man." And I'm like "I seriously doubt that. She probably eats her own nail clippings or something." But the doubt lingers, which is annoying. That sense of, moments in time, forks in the road, bends in the river, all that shit. So yeah, what's the deal with that?

I feel you. If I weren't on the toilet five minutes before my shift started I'd try and provide more in depth conversation on the matter- maybe this evening

RobClock

Ps WADs are for id Software shooters, you're talking about ROMs

GreyClock

Wait, how old are you K-9?

Okay, tonight Rob.

PhantomCatClock

don't lissen to 'im, yoshi's story is great to people who were there for the context

it's a little annoying to get a Switch Pro controller working with a computer (properly) but Yoshi's Story is easy to emulate. N64 is probably the first console where the emulation isn't just always perfect, but at least that game doesn't flip the fuck out like some others, if you don't wanna dig through a lifetime of settings/install a big library

k9

Quote from: RobClock on April 27, 2020, 04:28:04 AM
Ps WADs are for id Software shooters, you're talking about ROMs

nah the virtual console games on the wii are in WAD files for some reason

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: K-9_CLOCK on April 27, 2020, 04:21:49 AMdate=1587977890]Dreamland 3 is ok, it has a lovely art style, but it came out after Super Star didn't it? Wheres the movesets? To me adding movesets in Super Star was like adding lock-strafe to Ratchet & Clank 3, its such a huge jump forward that every game in the series since has benefitted from.

Can you get a hold of the .wad yourself? I might still have it if you need me to send it to you.
yeah it felt like a step backward, even from dreamland 1 and 2 actually, the level design lost the verticality and exploration it had before. it definitely looks pretty though, and it doesn't play like crap it's just not AS good as what came after and before. hal can't really make a "bad" kirby game it seems, just an okay one. you're slower, and the levels are just "walk right". though the bonus objective for each level can be interesting.

and yeah I've got the .wads already thanks though. I found a google drive that had everything ever released digitally on wii, and dsi for that matter.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 27, 2020, 04:35:36 AM
don't lissen to 'im, yoshi's story is great to people who were there for the context

it's a little annoying to get a Switch Pro controller working with a computer (properly) but Yoshi's Story is easy to emulate. N64 is probably the first console where the emulation isn't just always perfect, but at least that game doesn't flip the fuck out like some others, if you don't wanna dig through a lifetime of settings/install a big library
it's actually a lot better nowadays. it hasn't progressed as far from where it was as saturn has, but it's doing well. not perfect but good. if I had a better computer I could probably do even more, my laptop doesn't support certain things in emulation. the only way I've found to get a switch pro controller working right is reWASD, but for that week I used the free trial it was amazing. I might actually buy a piece of software for once just for that. steam only does it right when I go into big picture mode which is stupid.

PhantomCatClock

I have to use terminal crap to get my pro controller working, but on the plus side, once I do it works perfectly. No easier solution gets the same results + motion controls.

if you care, first run evtest and hunt the controller down (/dev/usb will have it as joy0 if it's the only controller you've EVER USED though), then
pcat@litterbox:~$ head -n 50 procontroller.sh
# get this from sudo evtest
device=/dev/input/event21

sudo evdev-joystick --e $device --a 0 --minimum 5000 --maximum 52000 & \
sudo evdev-joystick --e $device --a 1 --minimum 10000 --maximum 60000 & \
sudo evdev-joystick --e $device --a 3 --minimum 8000 --maximum 52000 & \
sudo evdev-joystick --e $device --a 4 --minimum 10000 --maximum 60000
sudo evdev-joystick --s $device

then i run that once it's connected and rob's your uncle