News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

but my real name IS church_is_stinky420@gmail.com

would i be church_is_stinky420@gmail.com@gmail.com?

RobClock

Pcat how much would I need to suck your cock to get ??¿¿ to forward to my real email

k9

GreyClock

Oz is an alright show, but what's with all the bottle episodes?

PhantomCatClock

they drink a lot in australia and what could Oz be short for other than This Is A Metaphor For Australia

VCRClock

does anyone else's local paywalled news source do this shit

lol

for nerds: beneath the blur, the text is replaced with gibberish so you can't just tweak the css to read it
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

my bass ackwards news 150% falls for the block-the-adblock-notice-thing-and-inspect-element-to-allow-scrolling trick

PhantomCatClock

if I just want the fun part of Parasite where he gets the sweet job and pulls his family out of poverty, when exactly do I turn the movie off

I'll share when to stop reading Death Note the frame where L is looking up at Light in his final seconds, Volume III. Just end the story there, it makes it ten times better

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 02, 2020, 02:53:00 AM
if I just want the fun part of Parasite where he gets the sweet job and pulls his family out of poverty, when exactly do I turn the movie off
the end credits fewel

e: or when the rich folks go out of town and they have a party, stop when the former maid shows up
but seriously you can watch all the way to the end credits
or hm. maybe like 15 seconds before would be more happy?

e2: okay I think I got it
stop during the scene when the son is narrating buying the house and the dad comes out of the cellar

or when the former maid comes back, either one

GreyClock

Quote from: VCRClock on May 01, 2020, 08:21:03 PM
does anyone else's local paywalled news source do this shit

lol

for nerds: beneath the blur, the text is replaced with gibberish so you can't just tweak the css to read it
Looks like R'lyehian.

PhantomCatClock

holy shit I take back everything I said about comcast and their first world problem email issue

Friend's having an issue with super, super slow internet that's always been far slower than advertised. They send people out to fix it and nothing happens. Shitty, but nothing to write home about—until she asked for the router credentials. They refused (!) because they, as a policy, do not allow people to edit the router settings. Nor are you allowed to use your own router. They sent someone out and he scolded her and told everybody not to let her within ten feet of the router after she hit reset (which was admittedly a pretty big fuckup). He changed the password to something else ELSE, reinstated the settings that she destroyed, and then chewed her out and disabled the reset button, fuming and shouting (not hyperbole) about that no router fuckery rule. Want to play old battlenet games, or SSH into your computer? Tough shit, idiot, you can't port forward ever.

You are not

allowed

to log in

to the router

how the FUCK why in the FUCK

FUCK

if you're god damn asking about port forwarding, you don't even get the "HURR DURR WE'LL DO THAT FOR YOU. SETTLE FOR WEIRD PORTS OR CALL US EVERY TIME YOU WANT ACCESS TO A DIFFERENT COMPUTER" (the entire company is only ipv4) and that's another thing, it's little things like that—ipv4 only. $55 for 3mbps down 1mbps up—and she doesn't even GET THAT that's what even brought this to my attention. Every little opportunity to fuck up that they get, every time I let my guard down and learn one more thing about them, they find a new way to disappoint

and no, not bitchery because she got shouted at. I watched this story unfold over the course of like two weeks, but she's had unreasonably slow internet as long as I've known her

VCRClock

I've never had Comcast

My last ISP was Spectrum. When you sign up, they ask you if you want "Spectrum Home Wifi" at an additional $5/mo (I think?) or if you're going to use your own router. I wasn't going to pay a monthly subscription for something I could do myself for free, so I said I'd use my own router. They give you a modem to hook up, and surprise, it's also a wireless router. So I'm hooking my router up to their router, and I'm like, "maybe my $5 Goodwill router isn't as good as whatever this is, I should try just using the modem as my AP like a normal person." But I can't log into it to turn wifi on. I chat with support and I'm like, "hey, can I log in to my router to enable wifi?" and they're like "ok, it's $5 a month and we'd need you to exchange your router"

and that's why my wifi ssid was "$4.99 router"
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

almost everybody working in the phone/internet/cable industry and ALL of their bitchslaves in the FCC need to be thrown into the ocean.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 02, 2020, 02:53:00 AMI'll share when to stop reading Death Note the frame where L is looking up at Light in his final seconds, Volume III. Just end the story there, it makes it ten times better
that's exactly what I did lol. though later when they made a show of it I watched the final episode cause it was hilarious seeing Light flip out and demand Ryuk save him then he's all "lolno it's been fun light"

VCRClock

newspaper paywall update:

ok, so they turn the text of the article into gibberish so you can't read it, or copypaste it, or whatever, but

it's javascript

literally it loads the full text of the article, then a client-side script runs so you can't read the article in the browser if you're not logged in

if I wanted to, I could figure out what script it was and block it, but I can also just hit View Page Source and read the article

PhantomCatClock

Comcast, as controversial as it may be to say, is fine. This is a supremely shitty company in Alabama called Weiss Internet.

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on May 02, 2020, 05:34:04 PM
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 02, 2020, 02:53:00 AMI'll share when to stop reading Death Note the frame where L is looking up at Light in his final seconds, Volume III. Just end the story there, it makes it ten times better
that's exactly what I did lol. though later when they made a show of it I watched the final episode cause it was hilarious seeing Light flip out and demand Ryuk save him then he's all "lolno it's been fun light"

That actually happens in the manga and it feels great when it does. Make no mistake, as japanesey cliche as the story gets in Volumes 3-12, it was still good and there were plenty of good parts, but that made the whole thing worth it. Ryuk actually writes Light's name in his personal death note himself, even though he only sucks like a few seconds out of his life and Light dying takes like ten pages. There's an epilogue too but nothing happens so that probably didn't make it to the anime

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 02, 2020, 10:16:18 PMThat actually happens in the manga and it feels great when it does. Make no mistake, as japanesey cliche as the story gets in Volumes 3-12, it was still good and there were plenty of good parts, but that made the whole thing worth it. Ryuk actually writes Light's name in his personal death note himself, even though he only sucks like a few seconds out of his life and Light dying takes like ten pages. There's an epilogue too but nothing happens so that probably didn't make it to the anime

I can forgive wasting more than half the series on store brand diet cola antagonists when the ending was that god damn satisfying. it was only appropriate that he kill light himself, even if he would just bleed out anyways. the sequence of events from light's final freakout, to demanding ryuk help him, and ryuk showing him what he wrote was masterful. ryuk is an utterly perfect character, he sends the series off splendly. I actually first experienced the end through this ancient gif

https://i.stack.imgur.com/2WoAB.gif

a decade later and I still see this reposted and referenced. I forget sometimes that the series was sort of a cultural phenomenon at it's time. one of these days I'll probably go back read the whole thing.

Quote from: VCRClock on May 02, 2020, 08:59:28 PM
newspaper paywall update:

ok, so they turn the text of the article into gibberish so you can't read it, or copypaste it, or whatever, but

it's javascript

literally it loads the full text of the article, then a client-side script runs so you can't read the article in the browser if you're not logged in

if I wanted to, I could figure out what script it was and block it, but I can also just hit View Page Source and read the article
it's great how evil that gibberish paywall is and how easily you can bypass it. I feel a strong moral obligation to bypass news paywalls.

PhantomCatClock

is this what our generation is going to do

everybody has easy access to films they can legally view thanks to streaming service subscriptions. optical media finally, finally got their heads out of their asses and made a fair platform for both the creators and, more importantly, the consumers, so the current generation of hackers and misfits have to develop

a way for the average joe to pirate newspapers

PhantomCatClock

also I haven't seen that gif in ten years and it takes me BACK thank you

PhantomCatClock

It's actually a maximum of 0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF jest before you get an overflow because this book was written in 1996 so the best it could have been was a 64bit int

Slurpee

trying to think of something to say but my brain is just alternating between short loud screeching noises and the sounds Michael Rooker made when he was intimidating the store clerk in Guardians of the Galaxy