News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

2014 in this thread losperman said he was going to Subway and asked if anybody wanted something

theory: he is still in that trip

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on May 17, 2020, 04:38:21 PM
Quote from: Tight Mouth on May 17, 2020, 03:45:32 PMI didn't get this reference and then Youtube recommended a certain Dave Chappelle bit. The algorithms!
that's freaky
To be fair, I watch my fair share of Dave "Fair" Chappelle bits anyway. Just not this one apparently.

Global Rank:    1,483
Blams:    3,105
Saves:    2,496
B/P Bonus:    24%

That was one summer well spent.

VCRClock

Quote from: VCRClock on April 12, 2020, 03:33:56 AM
recommended if you like: driving around in your car with the radio and part of the a/c sitting disassembled on the front seat

e/n:

just did a fresh debian install on an old laptop I was gonna play with using as a media server
accidentally let it install GNOME
GNOME isn't really my style, but I guess I forgot that my desktop environment is only a UX minefield clusterfuck is because I made it that way :shrug:
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

[u2]FVTOLj7luWQ[/u2]

Slurpee

I'm watching "The Hollow" on Netflix

it's not great, but I love it?
it's these three mystery teens and they wake up in a deadly puzzle trap with a sealed room and an old typewriter, then they escape into some spooky mad scientist woods, then it's just blundering through weird set piece after weird set piece trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. witches, the four horsemen of the apocalypse, spaceships, sea monsters, demon monks, abandoned carnival, old west town. none of them remember who they are or where they came from. also they might be x-men. it's the best cartoon idea ever., what would you do in that situation what do you think your superpower would be?
and some of the jokes genuinely made me laugh

but the kids are kind of annoying? they keep fighting for dumb reasons, especially kai, but adam's not much better. also the comedic pacing is... eh, it's getting better as the season goes on, but it reminds me of like kim possible or early teen titans or regenerator rex where sometimes things happen that were clearly *written* as opposed to storyboarded. things happen because that's the beat you expect to have here. so there's unnatural pauses in the action so Thing can Happen and it often feels unearned. I think Gravity Falls and Over the Garden Wall and Rick and Morty spoiled me for naturalistic pacing. there's never a Now Thing Needs To Happen moment in Gravity Falls, everything feels very consequent. but this complaint only extends to action scenes in der hallow, the overarching story throws some interesting curveballs and is usually quick to upend the status quo

and I'm probably going to keep watching because what is going on??? what would you do in that situation what do you think your superpower wouod bbe

I'm not sure if this is a recommendation or what
I've only been watching a couple episodes before I go to bed
I'm on like episode 6
has anybody else seen it?
probably not right there's 4 million shows on streaming and it's impossible for anything to get any traction
community's on netflix, watch community. skip season 4

PhantomCatClock

how did you find this unlisted treasure

Marlin Clock

All you nerds need to start watching The Last Dance.

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 18, 2020, 05:39:34 AM
how did you find this unlisted treasure
the wikipedia page was open in a tab, I have no idea why

GreyClock

Quote from: Marlin Clock on May 18, 2020, 01:05:13 PM
All you nerds need to start watching The Last Dance.
I've already been watching your signature off and on again for years now I think. It truly was The Last Dance. Now we're Post Dance.

PhantomCatClock

i dance every post

GreyClock

I'm very much post pants.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Tight Mouth on May 18, 2020, 03:50:14 PM
I'm very much post pants.
look at this fool who still hasn't discovered neomodern pants revival I'm wearing three pairs of dungarees with chaps over sweatpants RIGHT NOW

Slurpee

are overalls pants

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on May 18, 2020, 04:36:18 PM
are overalls pants
philosophers and textile engineers have grappled with this question for centuries

PhantomCatClock

yes; and more

Slurpee

it was cool in the 90's that they got the x-men cartoon voice actors to voice the characters in the games

cal dodd was wolverine wherever you got your wolverine
wolverine was wolverine was wolverine... bub

Slurpee

I just finished episode 8 of the hollow, this show's fucking awesome

I mean, it sucks, but it's so cool

Slurpee

Quote from: Slurpee on May 18, 2020, 04:48:46 PM
it was cool in the 90's that they got the x-men cartoon voice actors to voice the characters in the games

cal dodd was wolverine wherever you got your wolverine
wolverine was wolverine was wolverine... bub
*psot goes viral*

"WOW. history lesson, motherfucker: they were only able to do this is because the japanese game industry and the canadian cartoon industry both skirted sag-aftra rights and used cheap non-union voice actors who weren't entitled to residuals"
"frankly it's disgusting that people think their cartoons and bideo games sounding the same is worth more than the lives of the people who made them"
"somebody should murder this bitch"
"here's his home address and employer's phone number"

PhantomCatClock

the only 90's xmen game I remember having voices at all was the arcade one and i can guarantee you those were not from the cartoon

PhantomCatClock

oh my goD THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE