News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

Quote from: VCRClock on May 25, 2020, 08:19:04 PM
no I don't use xfce that would make too much sense
Quote from: VCRClock on April 12, 2020, 12:48:47 AM
WHAT'S THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU THROUGH MY AIRTIGHT FVWM CONFIG
Quote from: VCRClock on April 12, 2020, 03:33:56 AM
it's a stacking window manager for people who want to read a manual to learn to write a config file to produce a UX that would have been very cool in the early 2000s, or window manager behavior understood only by people with an opinion about Sun Microsystems

pros: practically everything from appearance to window behaviors can be customized to the extent that you could specifically tell Steam "don't do that" and it might listen
cons: arcane *nix wizard style configuration; modular as in "find your own systray;" originally built in olden times

recommended if you like: driving around in your car with the radio and part of the a/c sitting disassembled on the front seat

you can do anything you put your mind to

you might have to read a few manpages
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

this sounds like exactly what I need

*nix wizardry as in having to write dry bash bullcrap? because that's the one thing I can do

VCRClock

I mean it will do that thing if you really want it to, but in a "I wrote this game in Pascal? fuck my life" way

It's extremely flexible, but I also get "who even uses this" vibes when looking for answers. I haven't been on /g/ in years but /g/ is absolutely not where I decided fvwm was a good idea, and I feel like there's got to be a simpler, more modern way to be gaudy these days. my setup is still a little quirky after everything, but I haven't really touched it since I got it to "basically working and convenient" status

fwiw my goal was basically to replicate the look and feel of Mac OS 7. xfce/openbox/whatever wasn't going to let me put window buttons where I wanted to put window buttons, and fvwm was handing out custom borders and window buttons like sawed offs at a gun show

since I didn't follow through and figure out, like, creating gtk/qt themes and stuff, it's mostly the window frames/menus/taskbar and stuff that actually look anything like OS 7, but it's the thought that counts
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

I spent like half na hour trying to remember the name of that video series they used to show in classrooms where the intro started out in a museum but then all the exhibits would come to life as the camera zoomed around the dubmass 3d space like in space ghost coast to coast because I was trying to remember how the tune went and I kept imagining it as the mario 64 menu music google and wikipedia were SO FUCKING USELESS because you can't search for "educational video series" or "edutainment brands" without getting a thousand results of educational youtube channels and articles about how brands can synergize edutainment to promote cross-media reification or whatever the fuck else I couldn't possibly give less of a hot gay fuck about and I finally found the magic combination of words and website that would turn it up in the search results it was "Eyewitness"

[u2]Uwarhzl76D8[/u2]
Eyewitness has some quality fodder for vaporwave visuals if I made vaporwave stuff but I guess that makes sense because vaporwave is basically just a melancholic repurposing of audiovisual obsolescence

mario 64 menu music for comparison:
[u2]-mtcfkWDbOU[/u2]

but now I can't find any evidence of the thing I was talking about in space ghost coast to coast
it... they would play the intro theme while a camera zoomed around a 3d office space that I think was supposed to be ghost planet industries?

edit: it was the intro but only in season 4 I guess?
https://www.adultswim.com/videos/space-ghost-coast-to-coast/sphinx

this has been slurpee posting about searching for things from the early 90's and then finding them, it is a series now

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on August 07, 2020, 01:41:56 AMI spent like half na hour trying to remember the name of that video series they used to show in classrooms where the intro started out in a museum but then all the exhibits would come to life as the camera zoomed around the dubmass 3d space like in space ghost coast to coast because I was trying to remember how the tune went and I kept imagining it as the mario 64 menu music google and wikipedia were SO FUCKING USELESS because you can't search for "educational video series" or "edutainment brands" without getting a thousand results of educational youtube channels and articles about how brands can synergize edutainment to promote cross-media reification or whatever the fuck else I couldn't possibly give less of a hot gay fuck about and I finally found the magic combination of words and website that would turn it up in the search results it was "Eyewitness"

[u2]Uwarhzl76D8[/u2]
Eyewitness has some quality fodder for vaporwave visuals if I made vaporwave stuff but I guess that makes sense because vaporwave is basically just a melancholic repurposing of audiovisual obsolescence
Damn, that flute takes me back to my elementary school classroom. Their books were great as well, my local library had like a whole shelf with so many topics: knights, fossils, cats, dinosaurs, pyramids, the Aztecs. That shit was the shit.

PhantomCatClock

[u2]suhS0DeYUJE[/u2]

have some more edutainment bad 3D with a theme song that was burned into my head so badly that years of memories flooded back when I heard it again earlier this year

or was it last year

PhantomCatClock

ok starting my custom ux to be windows 98 as fuck gonna grab that weird wm vcr used

pretty sure it was xfce

Slurpee

I'm still upset about P.T./Silent Hills

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

remember when professor xavier defeated magneto by making him relive the holocaust

Slurpee

p.t. fetus: you got fired, so you drowned your sorrows in booze. she had to get a part-time job working a grocery store cash register. only reason she could earn a wage at all is the manager liked how she looked in a skirt. you remember, right? exactly ten months back.

magneto:
[u2]4UI9HR2W44k?start=86[/u2]

Slurpee

The brutal killing took place while the family was gathered at home on a Sunday afternoon. The day of the crime, the father went to the trunk of his car, retrieved his red and purple helmet and cape, and used his magnet powers on his wife as she was cleaning up the kitchen after lunch. When his ten-year-old son came to investigate the commotion, the father used his magnet powers on him, too.
Don't touch that dial now, we're just getting started.

Slurpee

Slurpee

I SAID, LOOK. BEHIND YOU.

PhantomCatClock

he didn't feel it coming because it was actually a wooden captain america shield painted to look like metal

PhantomCatClock

who was the x-men member who kept lighting her crotch hairs on fire

oh right pubilee

i almost didn't send that but not because it was terrible, just that she was exclusive to the cartoon but YOU KNOW WHAT IT WAS GOOD

the cartoon, not pubilee

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on August 09, 2020, 04:29:48 AM
he didn't feel it coming because it was actually a wooden captain america shield painted to look like metal
no, it's a construct created by Silent Hill where Magneto is trapped after killing his wife and kids

Slurpee

it's actually a Magneto robot made by Machinesmith in Captain America #368 but that's not funny

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: Slurpee on August 09, 2020, 06:05:39 AM
it's actually a Magneto robot made by Machinesmith in Captain America #368 but that's not funny

why was two afraid of six? because it was actually three six ate