Author Topic: Clock Crew's worst dumbest Discussion Topic  (Read 10830525 times)

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • Ghosts: 1
    • Newgrounds: PhantomCat
  • For winning flash of the month For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participation in Fifen This Movie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: just regular ol biggest topic
« Reply #111000 on: February 15, 2017, 05:34:05 AM »
I read the first two paragraphs of your post and started scrolling down to comment—with every intention of scrolling back up to read the rest—that your roadblock was just a little skewed. Like, yeah, there are some coincidences and similarities that make a 32oz Slurpee fit my life in a totemic sort of way, but I just wanna fuck animals as a 32oz Slurpee and that's what's really important here

but then I saw the Godzillas and I couldn't be any prouder of you

BilliardBall10

• i am billiard ball 10! lol si u
  • Official Clock
    • Newgrounds: chris-the-stick2
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Good popstin, bro. Props Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111001 on: February 15, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »
it's course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere
my friend, i think thats sand, not snow

also, in regard to your ''spirit animal''/totemic animal analysis, i have to say that:
1. it was VERY interesting (great post once again, mr slurpee),
2. i am puzzled as to why religious zealots used goats as a metaphor for ''sinners''/bad people, especially since goats are good and useful animals that have good qualities in them, while more ''sinister'' animals could be easily used for that metaphor, such as snakes, scorpions, etc etc.
2.5. owls are awesome and hella cute. in greek culture, they were always considered clever/awesome/cute/impressive animals, which is close to the truth. christianity ruined that by rendering them as ''evil animals''. i mean, they also ruined crows as well, by calling them ''evil'', while a crow is loyal to its mate(they stay forever with their mate), they are VERY clever, they are resourceful, they know how to use teamwork in desperate times, they play games on their free time(i swear, i've seen crows rolling on the snow just for fun, (on nat geo)), and they live for ~100 years. i mean yeah, why deem a poor animal as evil, when it has great traits like that?
3. i liked your thoughts on the word ''mongrel'' and about its deeper meaning. i thought that this was nice.
4. indeed, mr samsa was a cool character, and kafka's book 'the metamorphosis' was very interesting. depressing, but interesting, nonetheless.
5. i also liked the ideas+metaphors behind your ''dog with human-face-shaped mask'' spirit animal, and the whole menaing behind it. i mean, yes, we as humans, we originate from the apes, and (technically) we are still animals(kinda, in SOME aspects+cases), and yet, we have broken free of those constraints, and we forged a path that shaped us into new, different and unique creatures, creatures that are proud to call themselves as ''humans'', which is a great milestone, and an even greater honour.
6. i have to say, DAMN, those godzilla drawings were very... uhh, sexy.
i mean, that was some very suggestive posing, sir. very suggestive, indeed. im certain that the artist had ''interesting'' thoughts.

as for my spirit animal/totem?

i dont know.

my closest thing to a persona was a man wearing an iron helmet that hided his face(something that i always found appealing), and that elusive/mysterious persona got quickly solidified into the ''persona'' of BB10, something that got fused later on with some of my hobbies/desires/activities, and it also (later) got some of my personality traits(but not too many), some of my foolishness(but not all of it), and some of my wild style(a small amount, that is).

i like swords/armour/medieval stuff irl, and i swordfight (occasionally), i love playing snooker/billiards, and i often like singing(badly). i always like how all of these get combined with my BB10 persona. i guess BB10 is my ''spirit animal'', my persona, so to speak.

i never felt that an animal would represent my personality traits 100%, so thats why its HARD to choose one animal for your totem.

i guess dogs is a solid choice for me, because dogs are loyal, cool, friendly, and sometimes (some of them) are really crazy.

but yeah, BB10 is the persona i would prefer, in most cases. thats my totem.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

RobClock

• ¥¥¥¥ DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF ¥¥¥¥
  • Official Clock
  • Popsts: 0
    • Newgrounds: RobertClock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Pass The Cash Participant Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kaijuturtle.com
    • Awards
« Reply #111002 on: February 15, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »
there's a new b0rf star episode i forgot to post

!!!!! WASTED TIME !!!!!
v o t e _ f i v e

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
  • For winning flash of the month For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participation in Fifen This Movie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111003 on: February 15, 2017, 05:42:51 PM »
He only faked his death to buy time to boost the production quality like that GENIUS

I mean, uh, it's what I've been doing with my flashes

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2003 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111004 on: February 15, 2017, 05:53:28 PM »
2. i am puzzled as to why religious zealots used goats as a metaphor for ''sinners''/bad people, especially since goats are good and useful animals that have good qualities in them, while more ''sinister'' animals could be easily used for that metaphor, such as snakes, scorpions, etc etc.
Well if you look at the actual passage, Matthew 25:31-46, you'll find that it employs the whole Christ-as-shepherd imagery. In that case it's not that difficult to grasp, as you'll be hardpressed, even in biblical times, to find a shepherd with a flock made up of both sheep and snakes/scorpions. If you wanted to dig deeper, you could make connections to Greek mythology, the god Pan, half man & half goat and Satyrs, who often had goatlike features and permanent erections.

"I wonder if the originators of a religion built on sin, guilt and repression had a problem with this?" said no one.

2.5. owls are awesome and hella cute. in greek culture, they were always considered clever/awesome/cute/impressive animals, which is close to the truth. christianity ruined that by rendering them as ''evil animals''. i mean, they also ruined crows as well, by calling them ''evil'', while a crow is loyal to its mate(they stay forever with their mate), they are VERY clever, they are resourceful, they know how to use teamwork in desperate times, they play games on their free time(i swear, i've seen crows rolling on the snow just for fun, (on nat geo)), and they live for ~100 years. i mean yeah, why deem a poor animal as evil, when it has great traits like that?
The problem with owls, and any nocturnal animals for that matter, was that people believed they purposefully hid from the light (virtue) in the dark (sin). I'm not sure where you get evil crows from, medieval authors even seem to praise them for the same qualities as you, monogamy and longevity.

RenegadeClock

• <butt>hole</butt>
  • Administrator
    • Newgrounds: renegadeclock
  • For having submitted at least 10 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2004 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • http://renegadeclock.com
    • Awards
« Reply #111005 on: February 15, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm about to move to Oregon

I'll let you know what I think about snow

Snow is a rare treat here. Hope you like biblical amounts of rain.

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111006 on: February 15, 2017, 08:31:59 PM »
Future roommate says it's been snowing a lot. Are you on the coast, then?

Slurpee

• I sure xylophone do I xylophone
  • Official Clock
  • Slurpee Posts: 3521
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111007 on: February 16, 2017, 12:15:58 AM »

Slurpee

• Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Pass The Cash Participant Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For winning flash of the month
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111008 on: February 16, 2017, 12:35:45 AM »
old folks, old ways, and a return to the natural bosom of our mother earth. hi. I'm Sam Elliot. here at the clock crew, the rivers run so deep, you can stick an erect dick into them, all the way to the base, and never touch bottom. you might touch a fish, or a gross bug, but not the riverbed, unless you reeeaally lean into it, to the point where you would kind of have to realize that you're forcing the issue. this is the world we live in: insects, fish, and boners with something to prove, and these are the people who will guide you through it. the clock crew: practical. nanocarbon. solutions.

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111009 on: February 16, 2017, 04:07:23 AM »
course

since i am without sin i will throw the first stoan

RobClock

• ¥¥¥¥ DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF ¥¥¥¥
  • Official Clock
  • Popsts: 0
    • Newgrounds: RobertClock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Pass The Cash Participant Participated in Squirrel Day 2013 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participation in the Clockoween Flash Event Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie Only the most beautiful butts shall be decorated with this honor Clock Day 2007 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant For participating in all 28 days of the Flash Flood Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2010 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kaijuturtle.com
    • Awards
« Reply #111010 on: February 16, 2017, 10:54:46 AM »
S N O W

SO MUCH FUCKING S N O W
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:07:48 AM by RobClock »

!!!!! WASTED TIME !!!!!
v o t e _ f i v e

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111011 on: February 16, 2017, 11:22:15 AM »
make a perfect sphere of snow

I mean fucking perfect

get a blowdryer and evenly heat the surface of the perfect sphere

i don't remember the next step but it's cool

RenegadeClock

• <butt>hole</butt>
  • Administrator
    • Newgrounds: renegadeclock
  • For having submitted at least 10 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2004 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Participation in Hamburger/Baconburger Day festivities For excellence in the field of excellence
    • View Profile
    • http://renegadeclock.com
    • Awards
« Reply #111012 on: February 16, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »
Future roommate says it's been snowing a lot. Are you on the coast, then?

I'm about an hour west of Portland. Our weather is pretty similar to whatever's going on there. We have had more snow this year than usual, but it rarely sticks for more than a few days. We did get enough to go sledding in our backyard a few weeks ago. 

BilliardBall10

• Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2015 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Contributed to the Home Alone Hentai Collab Participated in the House of Haunted Clocks Collab Participated in Pass the Gravy collar 2014 Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Award for participating in Hulk Hogan Epic Clock Fest 2014: Rise of the Poop or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cocaine Good popstin, bro. Props Pass The Cash Participant For winning flash of the month Participation in Fifen This Movie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111013 on: February 16, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »
Well if you look at the actual passage, Matthew 25:31-46, you'll find that it employs the whole Christ-as-shepherd imagery. If you wanted to dig deeper, you could make connections to Greek mythology, the god Pan, half man & half goat and Satyrs, who often had goatlike features and permanent erections.
hahaha, good point. yeah, i can understand that its difficult to fit snakes+other animals in the story, for the shepherd parable.
(even tho they could still say something like ''be meek and peaceful like the sheep, and avoid being vile and poisonous like the snakes/scorpions/pests that surround them...'')

indeed, the early christians condemned the ''wild'' style of pan, and they definitely hated his goat/human appearance, along with his wild parties and the constant erections.

"I wonder if the originators of a religion built on sin, guilt and repression had a problem with this?" said no one.
hahahaha! indeed

The problem with owls, and any nocturnal animals for that matter, was that people believed they purposefully hid from the light (virtue) in the dark (sin). I'm not sure where you get evil crows from, medieval authors even seem to praise them for the same qualities as you, monogamy and longevity.
well, in ancient greek mythology+in roman/norse/celtic mythology, crows are depicted as clever and awesome birds with great qualities...(they are awesome)

however in some religious texts during the witch-hunt/inquisition years, the crows have been labeled as ''evill'', and as ''assistants to witches'' (or, as familiars of witches).
i guess they were saying those things because crows were dark, and church often associated dark birds as ''evil''.
if we also count that crows were eating from corpses, (aka they were scavengers), and the fact that many simple people often called them ''the messengers of death''/a bad omen in folklore, so i guess thats why the church labeled them as evil.
(mostly during the witch-hunt/inquisition years).

but yeah, crows are awesome, and they have been labeled as great animals in (almost) every mythology.
crows are clever, loyal(to their mates) and they live for a very long time.
in fact, there is a term in greek, ''korakozoitos'', which was a remark/wish for someone to ''live as many years as a crow'', which is what the term actually means. (in its etymology)

i believe that its worth mentioning that, in some parts of the bible, god sends a crow to bring food to prophet elias, while crows protected the dead body of st vincent of saragosa, so that scavengers wouldnt eat it...

damn, duuuude, that owl has done some mischief and he knows it!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

BilliardBall10

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111014 on: February 16, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »
oh, and in a specific part of the bible, crows have been mislabeled because they ''copulated with eachother'' while they stayed on noah's ark.
(why the hell was sex considered a sin by christians? such vast amounts of puritanism/extremity are very bad, and they often lead into bad situations for people.
not to count the ''not having sex before marriage'' rule, or the whole ''celibacy'' rule... so stupid!)

oh, and here i found a text from the book of ''enoch'', that labels crows as birds equal to the fallen angels, aka the 'nephilims', beings who mated with human women and created giants, aka the ''anakim'' (which means giants).

Leviticus 11:13-15 KJV
13. And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
14. And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
15. EVERY RAVEN after his kind…

http://www.sheshbazzardaq.com/enoch.html
(the part about the unclean fowls of heaven is at the top 1/4 of the page on the link.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:46:18 PM by BilliardBall10 »

PhantomCatClock

• ✡ Official Jew ✡
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111015 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »
post 111111

Slurpee

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111016 on: February 17, 2017, 03:58:12 AM »
woah

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
  • Clock Day 2017 Participant Clock Day 2016 Participant For winning flash of the month Clock Day 2003 Participant Clock Day 2005 Participant Clock Day 2006 Participant For having submitted at least 100 animations Clock Day 2014 Participant Clock Day 2013 Participant Clock Day 2012 Participant Clock Day 2011 Participant Clock Day 2009 Participant Clock Day 2008 Participant Clock Day 2007 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111017 on: February 17, 2017, 05:39:07 AM »
well, in ancient greek mythology+in roman/norse/celtic mythology, crows are depicted as clever and awesome birds with great qualities...(they are awesome)

however in some religious texts during the witch-hunt/inquisition years, the crows have been labeled as ''evill'', and as ''assistants to witches'' (or, as familiars of witches).
i guess they were saying those things because crows were dark, and church often associated dark birds as ''evil''.
if we also count that crows were eating from corpses, (aka they were scavengers), and the fact that many simple people often called them ''the messengers of death''/a bad omen in folklore, so i guess thats why the church labeled them as evil.
(mostly during the witch-hunt/inquisition years).
What texts? What's your source? I looked through a prominent study of witches in medieval and Renaissance art and it makes no mention of crows, ravens or corvi. It does go into great detail on: goats, cats, rats, owls, toads, hares and monkeys, which would make your claim a pretty glaring omission.

BilliardBall10

• Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111018 on: February 17, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »
well, i dont have my old folklore+medieval superstitions books with me (in some of them, it also stated the churches dscrimination of the crows, labeling them as ''dark'', scavenger animals that symbolized death+the darkness(for unfair reasons)).

also, i guess one link can be this,
https://books.google.gr/books?id=ucx6AAAAQBAJ&pg=PT14&lpg=PT14&dq=maleficus+maleficarum+crows+and+witches&source=bl&ots=KdIHy5TaI3&sig=Zh9GQJoGeICHdw2eK-kbf6LPV_8&hl=el&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlrciIvZfSAhWIdpoKHTOMAiEQ6AEISjAG#v=onepage&q=maleficus%20maleficarum%20crows%20and%20witches&f=false

and this
https://witchesofthecraft.com/2013/12/18/lets-glance-at-todays-totempower-animal-the-crowraven/

also it could be mentioned in a part of maleficus maleficarum, but i could be wrong.

also, this was an interesting find:
''Amongst Neopagans, crows are often thought to be highly psychic and are associated with the element of ether or spirit, rather than the element of air as with most other birds. This may in part be due to the long-standing occult tradition of associating the color black with "the abyss" of infinite knowledge (see akasha), or perhaps also to the more modern occult belief that wearing the "color" black aids in psychic ability, as it absorbs more electromagnetic energy, since surfaces appear black by absorbing all frequencies in the visible spectrum, reflecting no color. ''

last but not least, in some old superstitions, people thought that witches had crows for familiars, so i know that they had a negative reputation for a while(including their already known feature of eating carrion/being scavengers), and this theory was supported for a brief time by the church, since the crows were ''dark, and they had the colour of the darkness''.
thankfully that changed later on, (during/after the renaissance).

PS: i know that crows/(or ravens, which is a similar, but slightly different version of the bird's species), crows have been seen negatively for a brief period of time, at least in the balkans. (except from the greeks, we always appreciated the crow's good traits).

GreyClock

• Master of Arts
  • Official Clock
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111019 on: February 17, 2017, 01:48:52 PM »
well, i dont have my old folklore+medieval superstitions books with me (in some of them, it also stated the churches dscrimination of the crows, labeling them as ''dark'', scavenger animals that symbolized death+the darkness(for unfair reasons)).

also, i guess one link can be this,
https://books.google.gr/books?id=ucx6AAAAQBAJ&pg=PT14&lpg=PT14&dq=maleficus+maleficarum+crows+and+witches&source=bl&ots=KdIHy5TaI3&sig=Zh9GQJoGeICHdw2eK-kbf6LPV_8&hl=el&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjlrciIvZfSAhWIdpoKHTOMAiEQ6AEISjAG#v=onepage&q=maleficus%20maleficarum%20crows%20and%20witches&f=false

and this
https://witchesofthecraft.com/2013/12/18/lets-glance-at-todays-totempower-animal-the-crowraven/

also it could be mentioned in a part of maleficus maleficarum, but i could be wrong.

also, this was an interesting find:
''Amongst Neopagans, crows are often thought to be highly psychic and are associated with the element of ether or spirit, rather than the element of air as with most other birds. This may in part be due to the long-standing occult tradition of associating the color black with "the abyss" of infinite knowledge (see akasha), or perhaps also to the more modern occult belief that wearing the "color" black aids in psychic ability, as it absorbs more electromagnetic energy, since surfaces appear black by absorbing all frequencies in the visible spectrum, reflecting no color. ''

last but not least, in some old superstitions, people thought that witches had crows for familiars, so i know that they had a negative reputation for a while(including their already known feature of eating carrion/being scavengers), and this theory was supported for a brief time by the church, since the crows were ''dark, and they had the colour of the darkness''.
thankfully that changed later on, (during/after the renaissance).

PS: i know that crows/(or ravens, which is a similar, but slightly different version of the bird's species), crows have been seen negatively for a brief period of time, at least in the balkans. (except from the greeks, we always appreciated the crow's good traits).
I see what's going on. These are not good sources dude, witchesofthecraft.com, really? That book you linked is severely unacademic. The author has haphazardly raked together a bunch of stories and references and hey presto! A shitty book. You can usually tell from the general lack of clarity and structure, and this one is no exception. Quoted passages are used as window dressing, instead of serving to further the point after proper analyzation. Nonsensical or ill-explained namedrops of "big" topics or people "sexual inadequacy", "Bible", "Quran", "Jungian", "fart". Topographically it's all over the map as well (ha ha), we jump from North America to Ireland to Greece to India. I know it's an introduction, but set up some goddamn parameters. The exact passage you referenced is supposed to be a description of our contemporary image of witches and not some sort of historical one. At least I hope so, because otherwise I have no idea how the author established the characteristics of the typical witch voice. Also the Malleus Maleficarum is the first source I checked, and there's no mention of crows (although that's not exactly saying much, because none of the other animals, or "familiars" are mentioned either), but nonetheless, no! No fucking crows BilliardBall10Clock, leave that Wicca shit on your Hot Topic t-shirt or whatever, you son of a bitch. God bless.