News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BilliardBall10

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 19, 2017, 11:37:40 PM
D1 is a 2a yoyo, D1's just the name (MagicYoYo names theirs like thatâ€"I have a n8, n9 (which sucks tbh), n11, and MY PRIDE AND JOY the m06 which might actually be the best one they make)

but yeah, that's just how that company names their yoyos. A letter for what like general line it is and a number for that specific model. 2a is the universal name for looping tricks, I was axxin' how the MYY D1's "AdJuStAbLe AxLe" felt since I hope to be a beautiful 3a butterfly some day[...]
would recommend the N8 for when you're ready for unresponsive.[...]it's like $10 so all things considered it's kind of amazing. MagicYoYo isn't exactly known for making top of the line yoyos but damned if they aren't the best in their price range
interesting.

questions:

-what does 3a mean? is it a higher skill-category than 2a, or... is it a different yoyo-rolling tier?
-do you sell your N8? (i can buy it online, but i would prefer to buy it from a friend)
also:
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 19, 2017, 11:41:14 PM
OH AND A T1 which is beautiful but also my first 4a yoyo so I tried for like thirty minutes then gave up and never tried playing with it again[/yoyo]
-do you wanna sell your T1 yoyo to me? (at a reasonable price)

ofcourse, i did some searching, and indeed, the N8 seems like a good training yoyo thing, and its at a good price too, so thats really nice...

BTW, im scared by how expensive the m06 is. the m06 (AKA, the katana) costs between ~45$ and 90 dollars, damn!
is it such a high tier yoyo? im impressed.

also, the N8 has the cool name ''dare to do'' (nice! ^_^), and the T1, aka=the captain, is a really nifty yoyo, made out of high strength plastic. its really nice in its appearance... (and expensive too..)

but its true, yoyos can be quite interesting, yep.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

T1 is my only (real) offstring yoyo right meow and I do have two N8s but one is siliconed and I really like it, the other one is all dinged to hell but it's the one I put a shorter string on for when my little nephew wants to yoyo (also modified to be responsive so it's actually not a good one any more) (but it wouldn't be hard to change it back)

3A IS WHEN you use two yoyos at once and catch them in the strings of each other, doing tricks like that (ex. and any other video with Alex Hattori in it) basically two-handed 1A. I wish I was dead. The numbers don't actually mean any style is better or worse, it's just for competitions. There are a couple of other styles (which get lumped into "Other" or "Freestyle" at Worlds) but the main five are the ones that everyone competes in. 1A is your normal ass yoyoing, 2A is two yoyo looping tricks (deceptively hard to learn, and if that doesn't sound like it can be amazing, look up fucking Shinji or the 2016 winner who did that Eye of the Tiger run), 4A is offstring (which looks hard but is actually super easy to learn once you get the GOD DAMNED FRUSTRATING BASICS DOWN) and 5A is beautiful counterweights invented in beautiful California by beautiful Steve Brown and is the only style that follows the convention that higher numbers are, in fact, better than the other two

it's also the style where the current champion has like the second most golds under his belt (behind Shinji of 2A fame, who has come second one time and first every other time he competes) so I guess Japan earned 5A and we can just remember 2015, the brief year where we won the gold back and it only took a machinist who had to make his own special spinning counterweight to beat Matsuura

ps where the hell did you find a Katana for $45, I will buy the fuck out of that thing. Mine was $80 and that was a deal

PhantomCatClock

Like, not calling you out, I seriously want a new one because they made these badass new colors for it and it's a really pretty yoyo

BilliardBall10

interesting, thanks for the info, man!

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 21, 2017, 10:56:40 PM
ps where the hell did you find a Katana for $45, I will buy the fuck out of that thing. Mine was $80 and that was a deal

well, i found this texan guy selling it for 57$ (or 47 euros) :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-YoYo-and-SpinGear-Katana-M06-Bi-Metal-Yo-Yo/192250098626?

also, this site sells top-tier yoyos at cheap prices, for example: they sell the M06 katana for 69$:
https://yoyobestbuy.com/yoyo-store/magic-yoyo-yoyo/magicyoyo-katana/
(and while it seems to be currently out of stock, all of the yoyos sold in this site  are cheaper than anything sold in other sites...)

also, dear bread, they sell this for 80$ in this page: (WTF!)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-YoYo-and-SpinGear-Katana-M06-Bi-Metal-Yo-Yo/371981608765?

in conclusion:

tl;tr
click on my first link (the texan who sells it for 57$), and also follow the site of yoyobestbuy.com for more yoyo deals...

PS: they sell the magicyoyo K1 model at 9$, is that a good yoyo, or should i avoid it at all costs?

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

GreyClock

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on July 21, 2017, 03:23:05 PM
Quote from: RobClock on July 20, 2017, 07:34:25 PM
There's definitely an allure to the romantic qualities of the Maritime provinces. Truthfully, I can't imagine living anywhere else.

If you do ever find your way to Cape Breton, hit me up. You can crash on my chesterfield or something.
I like chesterfields. I had the best trip on a chesterfield. I'll hold you to that. (I won't, I won't be travelling for some time... got to find a job first.)  Tell me about life in the eastern corner of Canada.
Alright here's a story

I went camping with a buddy last night at a beach that's a solid hours drive from town, down three dirt roads out to the coast. It's a nice spot, and secluded enough that you pretty much have it to yourself. We set up camp on this rise overlooking the beach.

We have our fire and get shit faced. I can't remember exactly when I passed out but I'm thinking it was around midnight when the rain started and I gunned for the tent. Pretty big storm, lots of thunder and heavy heavy rain, but regardless, I was woken up at ~4:00 by headlights shining on my tent. A couple seconds pass and now it's break lights. Another minute passes and I stagger out of the tent to find a GMC Jimmy with its two front wheels over the side of the bank, the drivers rear tire touching ground and the passengers rear about two feet in the air, with buddy still sitting in the drivers seat.

He gets out, and I can tell immediately that he's hammered. I ask if he's alright and he says yes and so I ask him what I can do to help. His wife suggests we push it back up onto the road and I explain that if we try that the thing would likely slide down and crush us. The fella asks me if I think he could make it if he went over the edge, and in my mind there's like a 75% chance that going over means flipping, so I tell him I don't wanna be the one responsible for making that decision.  He asks me to give him a shove and after rocking it back up and down a few times, the SUV tips and thank fucking god it didn't roll.
[u2]Grfp7aXtLnY[/u2]
forgive the vertical footage

He made it all the way down the beach but came to a stop before pulling onto the road again and immediately sank into the sand. I bolted down to see if he was alright and was going to push him out of the sand but he kept pulling forward and reversing, spinning his wheels and digging himself in further and further. At that stage I gave up and went back to my tent. It started pouring again after about an hour and the thunder kept me up. Ended up getting up at around 6:00 and caught what I could of the sunrise.

As you can see, at some point after I left him there, the guy popped his hood and presumably passed out in the cab- so I packed up and took off for home because I did not want to stick around and have round 2 of trying to help him out.

GreyClock

What's the road? Those tire tracks up top? It looks really beautiful. Can you just pitch a tent anywhere (wink) and sleep away or?

I pulled a BB10 and looked around Sydney on streetview and found:
This fucking guy. Feeding leads to bored male ducks and bored male ducks lead to gang rape! You need to start like a flyer campaign in your town or something. Raise awareness!

It looks like a nice town, very green. Lots of space even between the small houses. Downtown doesn't look too hot though (Charlotte St?), but ah well... At least there seem to plenty of places to sit at the water. I was happy my new town at least had a river, but you can't get to it anywhere. It's all cordoned off save for a small paved area with a single park bench. Great city planning. Keep people away from the nice and relaxing sight of a river and trap them in an ugly post-WOII city center.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: GreyClock on July 22, 2017, 06:48:43 PM
What's the road? Those tire tracks up top? It looks really beautiful. Can you just pitch a tent anywhere (wink) and sleep away or?

I pulled a BB10 and looked around Sydney on streetview and found: [...]
im not a stalker, you broken clavicle.

thats it!

...im going to travel at your home, and im gonna break all of your clavicles+china.

lololololol, LOL JK , in case that wasnt already obvious. ^^^^^

Slurpee

I feel like I'm supposed to like Ready Player One, and it just makes me instinctively reject it

oh you liked Snow Crash and Scott Pilgrim and Summer Wars? well we took those genuine and heartfelt stories about growing up in the information age and stuck them in a blender with a mosh-mosh of context-free pop culture references and 200 million dollars because nerdiness is in you cunt like bitch I already saw Imaginationland

better start jizzing yourself because you recognize the Iron Giant, Freddy Krueger, and music from Willy Wonka or you might lose your nerd cred. share this trailer! post the references you caught on Twitter! don't you want everybody to know how much you want to buy this cheap xerox we made of your adolescence?

fuck you. you can't buy me, hotdog man

PhantomCatClock

more like ready GAYer one, am i right?

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

slurpee, bud, i really need you right now

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

hollywood nostalgia-bait cashgrabs always make me uncomfortable.

Slurpee

Slurpee

Slurpee

flounderman I just noticed the hitman bird in your signature and it made me lol

pop-tart

Slurpee

Slurpee

just kidding yes I am

[u2]ue80QwXMRHg[/u2]
WELCOME TO THE MCU, HELA AND MOTHERFUCKING 🔥🔥🔥😈SURTUR😈🔥🔥🔥

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I used to complain about reeses crunchy cookie cups being discontinued until walgreens made a generic equivalent I could buy in boxes (though those are slightly more similar to the old version of twix pb). but now they're back in an alternate form. I guess those weird reeses pieces filled cups doing well inspired them to bring it back. but instead of two distinct peanut butter layers like this

it's now crushed cookie bits dispersed throughout the peanut butter

Can't complain.  gonna try and find some of these tomorrow. hollywood can't do nostalgia right most of the time but candy sure as fuck can. I just got one of these giant ass oreo candy bars on clearance too. only a buck.

between that and those reeses cups I"ll bet set on candy for a long ass time. I horde that shit and eat it gradually.