News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

man, too bad nothing immature in reference to homosexuality rhymes with THOR or the first syllable of RAGNAROK so I'm just out of luck

PhantomCatClock

also Malt O Meal makes Oreo-Os and I swear they taste better than Oreo-Os did

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 23, 2017, 01:32:38 AM
man, too bad nothing immature in reference to homosexuality rhymes with THOR or the first syllable of RAGNAROK so I'm just out of luck
man using gay and fag etc to mean shitty fell off really sharply in the last few years 🤔

I mean I guess it's good but I always thought it was funny when I did it

Slurpee

did I ever tell you guys how much I loved waffle crisp

oh my god, you guys

waffle crisp

Slurpee

they still make it but I never see it
you could find ego waffle cereal for a bit but that disappeared too

why? they're so good! 😤

GreyClock

Quote from: BilliardBall10 on July 22, 2017, 09:28:32 PMim not a stalker, you broken clavicle.

thats it!

...im going to travel at your home, and im gonna break all of your clavicles+china.

lololololol, LOL JK , in case that wasnt already obvious. ^^^^^
Why do you keep referencing clavicles? Is it a sexual thing?

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on July 22, 2017, 06:48:43 PM
What's the road? Those tire tracks up top? It looks really beautiful. Can you just pitch a tent anywhere (wink) and sleep away or?

I pulled a BB10 and looked around Sydney on streetview and found:
This fucking guy. Feeding leads to bored male ducks and bored male ducks lead to gang rape! You need to start like a flyer campaign in your town or something. Raise awareness!

It looks like a nice town, very green. Lots of space even between the small houses. Downtown doesn't look too hot though (Charlotte St?), but ah well... At least there seem to plenty of places to sit at the water. I was happy my new town at least had a river, but you can't get to it anywhere. It's all cordoned off save for a small paved area with a single park bench. Great city planning. Keep people away from the nice and relaxing sight of a river and trap them in an ugly post-WOII city center.

I'm standing on the "road" taking the picture, the two tire paths down in the grass are for ATVs, the jimmy is stopped just to the right of the end of the road where it slopes down towards the beach.

It's essentially a sand bar so it's not a camp ground per say but there's a couple of spaces into the woods that that are optimal for setting up on the ridge. I took my girlfriend last year, it's a great place to pitch a tent.

Sydney is a nice city, but you're right that downtown is rough. There's not much happening around here economically, and since there's no colleges or anything like that down by the waterfront there's not a whole lot going on in there beyond going to the bank, hitting up the bars, or showing up to court. Nice to take a walk on the boardwalk though, and there's a little ice cream shop next to the docks.

RobClock

Quote from: Slurpee on July 22, 2017, 11:23:33 PM
Ready Player One

I CLAPPED I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT

BilliardBall10

Quote from: GreyClock on July 23, 2017, 03:24:04 AM
Quote from: BilliardBall10 on July 22, 2017, 09:28:32 PMim not a stalker, you broken clavicle.
Why do you keep referencing clavicles? Is it a sexual thing?
no, i just like using the word ''clavicle(s)''.

ps: for those that dont know, its the collar-bone.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 23, 2017, 04:50:40 AM
bones in general are very sensual
hence the word boner!

badum tish

thank you, thank you.

also:
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 23, 2017, 01:32:38 AM
i can help.

THOR=WHOR(E)
RAGNAROK=GRAB-A-COCK.

you're welcome.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 22, 2017, 11:59:12 PM
slurpee, bud, i really need you right now
im in there for you. i mean, we're friends, right?
right?
..oh crap.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on July 23, 2017, 01:17:36 PMI'm standing on the "road" taking the picture, the two tire paths down in the grass are for ATVs, the jimmy is stopped just to the right of the end of the road where it slopes down towards the beach.

It's essentially a sand bar so it's not a camp ground per say but there's a couple of spaces into the woods that that are optimal for setting up on the ridge. I took my girlfriend last year, it's a great place to pitch a tent.

Sydney is a nice city, but you're right that downtown is rough. There's not much happening around here economically, and since there's no colleges or anything like that down by the waterfront there's not a whole lot going on in there beyond going to the bank, hitting up the bars, or showing up to court. Nice to take a walk on the boardwalk though, and there's a little ice cream shop next to the docks.
In re the camping: I meant in a legal sense. Are you allowed to go into the woods or on the beach or wherever and just pitch a tent anywhere? That's illegal here.

My town is the same, in the way that there's not much going on economically. Quite a few empty storefronts. I see a lot of people in their late forties, early fifties who are overweight and have shitty tribal tattoos on their legs. Also a lot of people smoking behind prams and strollers.

Have you travelled around Atlantic Canada? Have you ever been to René-Levasseur Island? Or to Saint Pierre and Miquelon? I doubt there's very much to do there, but they seem like cool places to go just for the sake of having been there. Is it easy to get from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland? Are there planes or ferries, or any trains maybe via Quebec? Or is everything mostly done by car? There are a lot of roads that just seem to end in the middle of nowhere. Tiny towns with airstrips. You ever cross the border into New England? That area stirs up similar feelings in me.

I mean in terms of scale, Nova Scotia is larger than the Netherlands, so in a way going to New Brunswick for you is what it's like for me going to France or something. Although maybe it's less of a change culturally? How about going into Quebec? Or all the way to British Columbia?

This posts makes it look as if I'm writing an article for a school newspaper. Any news on the apartment?

BilliardBall10

hey, sorry for posting this so soon, but im posting my links for cheap-katana yoyo's in here for phantomcat.

@phantomcat:

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 21, 2017, 10:56:40 PM
ps where the hell did you find a Katana for $45, I will buy the fuck out of that thing. Mine was $80 and that was a deal

well, i found this texan guy selling it for 57$ (or 47 euros) :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-YoYo-and-SpinGear-Katana-M06-Bi-Metal-Yo-Yo/192250098626?

also, this site sells top-tier yoyos at cheap prices, for example: they sell the M06 katana for 69$:
https://yoyobestbuy.com/yoyo-store/magic-yoyo-yoyo/magicyoyo-katana/
(and while it seems to be currently out of stock, all of the yoyos sold in this site  are cheaper than anything sold in other sites...)

also, dear bread, they sell this for 80$ in this page: (WTF!)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-YoYo-and-SpinGear-Katana-M06-Bi-Metal-Yo-Yo/371981608765?

in conclusion:

tl;tr
click on my first link (the texan who sells it for 57$), and also follow the site of yoyobestbuy.com for more yoyo deals...

PS: i hope that my links were helpful, phantomcat. let me know if i helped you a bit, if at all.

PS2: they sell the magicyoyo K1 model at 9$, is that a good yoyo, or should i avoid it at all costs?

also: @slurpee:
what is this waffle crisp/waffle cereal?

i dont know of this thing at all, same case with poptarts.
they dont sell those mystical things on my land...

(i DO remember some square-shaped, crispy cereals being sold at the stores when i was young, they were called ''golden grahams'' and they were very delicious. i liked eating them, but sadly they dont exist in the shops anymore...(and i couldnt find them anywhere))

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on July 23, 2017, 03:23:17 PM
In re the camping: I meant in a legal sense. Are you allowed to go into the woods or on the beach or wherever and just pitch a tent anywhere? That's illegal here.

My town is the same, in the way that there's not much going on economically. Quite a few empty storefronts. I see a lot of people in their late forties, early fifties who are overweight and have shitty tribal tattoos on their legs. Also a lot of people smoking behind prams and strollers.

Have you travelled around Atlantic Canada? Have you ever been to René-Levasseur Island? Or to Saint Pierre and Miquelon? I doubt there's very much to do there, but they seem like cool places to go just for the sake of having been there. Is it easy to get from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland? Are there planes or ferries, or any trains maybe via Quebec? Or is everything mostly done by car? There are a lot of roads that just seem to end in the middle of nowhere. Tiny towns with airstrips. You ever cross the border into New England? That area stirs up similar feelings in me.

I mean in terms of scale, Nova Scotia is larger than the Netherlands, so in a way going to New Brunswick for you is what it's like for me going to France or something. Although maybe it's less of a change culturally? How about going into Quebec? Or all the way to British Columbia?

This posts makes it look as if I'm writing an article for a school newspaper. Any news on the apartment?

as far as the woods are concerned, as long as it's not private property i think you'd be in the clear. The beach, yeah definitely but a lot of our beaches are just shitty rocky shorelines and a couple of the good ones are actual campgrounds where you have to pay to rent a spot.

Personally, I haven't done a ton of traveling. There's ferries in Cape Breton that run to Newfoundland and PEI, but you're better off driving to PEI for the sake of time and price of the ticket. I've been to New Brunswick once and I definitely didn't feel out-of-my-element but I was in Moncton, which is a city more the size of Halifax than Sydney, so i wasn't in some small-town to know what their local culture is like. It's more bi-lingual in New Brunswick, though, there isn't a ton of French in Nova Scotia. PEI is a lot like Cape Breton, I have a friend whose family owns a cottage which I've visited. I really would like to vacation in Newfoundland, but that ain't in the cards right now.

Tomorrow's move-in day for the apartment. I'm working 6:00-2:00 in North Sydney, and when I get off I'm going to drop by the bank and withdraw first month's rent, then I'll be picking up the keys. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday which is nice because it gives me time to haul all my shit over.

RobClock

the only trailer to drop this week that MATTERS
[u2]fTvy8ab1NSo[/u2]

BilliardBall10

Quote from: RobClock on July 23, 2017, 05:17:12 PM
the only trailer to drop this week that MATTERS
[u2]fTvy8ab1NSo[/u2]

steve coogan is awesome, so i approve of this message.

PhantomCatClock

Didn't watch but I agree

All this talk about Canada has me excited for a country, or at least a corner of said country, that I will probably never visit. If I find a winning lottery ticket on the ground will move there though. SADLY right now I am in the middle of a conversation in which BB10 gets back on my good side, so I'll dip out for that now

I STILL KNOW HOW TO GOOGLE but yeah that ebay one is a pretty good deal. I don't even have to check to know the top bidder's reserve bid is $70 so I'm not gonna make that sap pay more for his yoyo, plus it's one of the old colors and ugh, a used bimetal? No thanks. YoyoBestBuy and YoyoSam are the only Katana sellers in America and both are sold out (though Sam has two of the new colors) but I may end up getting it from SpinGear's store since they have every color and it's like $5 to ship to America (which still makes it marginally cheaper than YYS and YYBB). I give you a C+ for helpful links, but remember we grade on a curve in this class and to be honest you're probably going to pass with flying colors, considering the competition.

GreyClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 24, 2017, 02:25:01 AMAll this talk about Canada has me excited for a country, or at least a corner of said country, that I will probably never visit. If I find a winning lottery ticket on the ground will move there though. SADLY right now I am in the middle of a conversation in which BB10 gets back on my good side, so I'll dip out for that now
You have a specific country in mind? There's something about the remote corners of countries in general though.

A couple of years ago I had occasion to visit a city in the south of Germany that you wouldn't normally go to. It wasn't exactly in a corner, but it was the last town in this sort of cul-de-sac in the hills of Bavaria. We came by car from the north, but there were no roads going directly over the hills. So we had to swing around the southern end to reach the single road actually leading into the area. There was something really exciting about the whole endeavour. First you're speeding along the Autobahn, with the pine-covered hills to your left and you know that your destination is somewhere just beyond, but you can't reach it just yet. You wonder how travelers managed in the Middle Ages. Did they brave the densely forested slopes? How many slipped and fell? Perhaps there were certain trails that have long since vanished. You think about these things as the highway gradually curves to the east. You arrive at a crossroads and take a left, going north again. Before long you pass through a natural gate in the hills, which are now on either side of you. The area is wooded and you pass through the occasional small village. After some time you emerge from the twilight of the forest into a bright valley of golden wheat, completely enclosed by dark green hills. Farther north still, across the fields, you see your destination, a city on the hillside. Roofs and steeples poking through the trees, a castle high up, lording over it all. Later in the day you're drinking beer on the patio of some bar and you're speculating about the number of Nazis that were active here in this strategically unimportant dead end, and even though you can't see the hills you can somehow sense them. You're at the end of the road and you feel cozy, even sheltered in this odd little microcosm. I'm gay.

PhantomCatClock

I meant Canada, but I was like super into Australian history/geography for a big part of my life. I'd read any book I could get my hands on (and believe me when I say anything from before 1950 about Australian history is a boring and tedious read but by God I persevered

And ha, yeah, I love places like that (I mean, who doesn't). Every time I drive through a small town on the way to somewhere I wonder how many people have/will spend most of their lives there. The town I live in issss pretty big, now, but it was a lot smaller when my grandparents, and even my mom (who, to be fair, is in her sixties) was younger. I guess everyone feels like their town was a little town nobody would go to on purpose when they were younger, but I swear to Godclock I'm only 26 and the houses all around this house were no-bullshit fields when I was little. I guess I'm an honorary old person, but it wasn't even part of the city when my mom started living here. It was "out in the country". The city just grew around us.

Then we had two Olympic gold medalists at the same time, but one of them had gotten gold in the decathalon four years earlier which like yeah wouldn't be a big deal except this was a REALLY small town, and the kid (Bob Mathias) had only spent half of his life in bed but his dad fed him rare steaks and stuff to help him grow anyway. FUN FACT this was so long ago that Mathiasâ€"who was still athletically inclined by Year 12 of thisâ€"was declined admittance to the next Olympics because "he was a professional" now (because they made a movie about his life that was almost lost to the sands of time)(but that's another story). Like, holy shit, talk about the past. Good luck finding someone in the Olympics now who isn't making six figures for it in sponsorships. Cocksuckers.

I forgot where I was going with that but it's 5am and I just drank like three beers and fastforwarded to the last thirty minutes of the new Star Wars on Netflix basically happy towns are good towns

also I didn't buy another Katana yoyo, I bought a Mighty Flea instead and I am equal parts excited and scared and preemptively embarrassed at how bad I'm going to be

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

Yeah, I do the same thing. How many people have/will live(d) here? How many Nazis were stationed here during the war? Were there (m)any collaborators and sympathizers? (Especially you, you old son of a bitch walking your dog, I know what you did.) Have I ever seen someone who lives here somewhere else, like in my own city? Will I ever meet someone who lives here (you know other than the person I ask directions from or the cashier at the local store, but like someone I'll meet twenty years from now at work or something.) What was life like here in the Middle Ages? How many people were murdered here? Every town, even the smallest ones, has at least one creepy murder story. Like where I'm from we had at least two: our very own Lizzie Borden-style axe-murdering maid and a guy who drowned a hooker in his bathtub. I can't find anything about them on the internet, so it's probably rural myth, but whatever. Let me ask you something: were you born in a corner? I was born and raised in a corner, maybe that explains the fascination. Centrality is overrated.

I just realized, with regards to my post up there, that that might be what it feels like to live in a castle.