News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: GreyClock on July 24, 2017, 08:13:28 AM
How many people were murdered here?

A thousand times this. As much as I keep calling it a town, I live in a (small) city and we have a couple murders every year, but those are no fun. Gang violence mostly. The small town murders are always either personal or absolutely insane in motivation.

And I dunno, drowning a hooker in a bathtub is a good one. There's a story floating around the schools in my town about this lady that "everybody called Skeletor" because she just looked like a skeleton with skin on it, and she'd spend ALL DAY running from here to Visalia (≈ten miles), back and forth, and only ate something like one apple per day, then just kept running. Eventually, she'd fall over and have to go to the hospital and they'd patch her up with a saline drip and some NOURISHMENT but since she was crazy or something, she'd go back to running for a few months until she needed to go to the hospital again. THIS WENT ON FOR A FEW YEARS and then she died, the end. Of course, the stories in the schools THESE DAYS are a lot crazier, but everybody knows it's fake.

Except it isn't. She ran up and down Mooney Boulevard and I used to see her all the time. She just died like ten years before these people were even born, so now she's this legend and the story's a lot more grandiose than it really was (my version is from my hazy-at-best memory, but I know I didn't add anything). I think a newspaper made reference to the fact that everybody called her Skeletor, once (probably when she died or went to the hospital). But yeah, that street is like one of the two main ways to get to Visalia. We all saw her.

I'm sure people a little older than you all saw that hooker floating face down in a bath tub on their daily commute, but the story just kept snowballing

BilliardBall10

ok, so i've been searching for some N8's to buy for myself, and then i saw some K1 yoyos by magicyoyo, that were sold on ebay for just 2-3 bucks.
question: are they good/worth getting, or at they best used by a higher skilled yoyo player?
(whats the skill level requirement on N8's/K1's respectively?)

also i googled those magic flea yoyos, and they are not just tiny, they are expensive, wow
i guess they are small in size, and huge in their price...

badum tish
thank you, thank you!

/yoyos

Quote from: GreyClock on July 24, 2017, 05:26:58 AM
A couple of years ago I had occasion to visit a city in the south of Germany [...]Later in the day you're drinking beer on the patio of some bar and you're speculating about the number of Nazis that were active here in this strategically unimportant dead end, and even though you can't see the hills you can somehow sense them. You're at the end of the road and you feel cozy, even sheltered in this odd little microcosm. I'm gay.
thats not gay, you've spoken like a true poet, your post was beautiful...

i liked how you described the rural small villages that were surrounded by tall hills and seas of wheat. beautiful.
i now have +120 respect for grey clock.
(until the time when he will insult me again, on which case, my respect for him will reach its lower, older levels.)

Quote from: GreyClock on July 24, 2017, 08:13:28 AM
Let me ask you something: were you born in a corner? I was born and raised in a corner, maybe that explains the fascination. Centrality is overrated.

I just realized, with regards to my post up there, that that might be what it feels like to live in a castle.
you were born in a corner?
interesting. in the corner of what room, if i may ask? (the hospital's room, or at your parents house?)

as for me, i was born in an old-ish, but huge hospital.
also high-tech hospital, for the times.
(i visited again recently, its not as if i can remember how it was when i was born...)

also: im familar with that it feels like living in a castle, grey-clock.
i live in a small house made out of stones.
its located on top of a tall hill, and it is surrounded by a large forest.
its nice.

say, do you live in a stone house as well, grey clock? otherwise, i cannot get your castle reference...

PS: say, do you know of any old superstitions about ppl that are born in the corners of rooms?
i heard of some, but i cant research it to cite my sources, since its just a folklore thing.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

BilliardBall10

oh, BTW:

@phantomcat:

also that skeletor story was great, phantomcat.
i didnt saw it coming, and i was shocked to read that it was TRUE, after all...
(do you have any photos of that newspaper article regarding the demise of the skeletor woman? its a very sad thing, tho.
i assume that she suffered from anorexia, am i right? this is a really bad disease(mental+physical))

now, about folklore, and scary stories in small towns...

we also have some cool folklore/ghost/old war stories in my small town (and in the larger towns around it, ofcourse), but in general, smaller cities have much more interesting folklore/urban legends than larger ones, so: thats true, indeed.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

GreyClock

I was once at the inception of something that could very well have become a myth. After school one day we walked past this small forest and some other kids came out and told us they had found something weird. So we went in and found these clumps of what looked like white fur all over the place. So our imaginations kicked into overdrive and pretty soon we had convinced ourselves that a sheep had been killed there. That subject dominated our conversations for weeks. In retrospect somebody probably brushed their dog there. OR AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT THE SERIAL SHEEP KILLER WOULD HAVE ME BELIEVE.

I grew up in a town of about 3000 people, but there were some fucked up things going on. I remember a few more from back when I was in elementary school: this family of French immigrants lived not too far from me, a mother, a daughter and a son. The latter two were in their late teens or early twenties, at least to my eight-or-so-year-old eyes. I know that at least the son had some sort of mental disability. At one point they were evicted from their house for just shitting all over the place, which was discovered after neighbors complained about the stench. Come to think of it, we used to throw rocks at the guy, so now I've made myself feel bad. Some of these stories are very cruel, like your running lady, that didn't sound fake to me at all, rather it sounds like she suffered from some high-level anorexia.

The worst one was about this family who lived about two blocks away. They had several children with (mental) disabilities and apparently the father used to molest them. Now that's already the holy trinity of awful, but apparently he did it in this purpose-built little wooden room in the attic. He used to lock them in there. Goddamn, that's some seriously depressing shit.

GreyClock

I wasn't born in the corner of a room you doofus. It's in reference to the ongoing talk about the remote corners of countries. The castle reference was about me feeling sheltered in a town surrounded by hills, at the end of a long road that goes through a dark tunnel of trees. As in, I can imagine having a similar feeling when you live in a castle and find yourself surrounded by thick walls and a moat or whatever. You feel me homeboy. Also, you might want to try and divulge those cool stories instead of merely stating that there are in fact cool stories.

Now excuse me while I go and cry myself to sleep over my own cool story.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: BilliardBall10 on July 24, 2017, 06:19:12 PM
ok, so i've been searching for some N8's to buy for myself, and then i saw some K1 yoyos by magicyoyo, that were sold on ebay for just 2-3 bucks.
question: are they good/worth getting, or at they best used by a higher skilled yoyo player?
(whats the skill level requirement on N8's/K1's respectively?)

k1 is unresponsive, you might as well get an N8 since it'll be more stable and spin longer. Look up how to do a bind* and then you're basically ready for an unresponsive, but traditionally you learn the super duper basic basics on a responsive (ie comes back up when you pull on it/give the string any slack) yoyo, then get an unresponsive one when you need to do more advanced string tricks without accidentally giving it slack and hitting yourself in the face. Not that responsive yoyos are shitty or anythingâ€"you need REALLY responsive yoyos to do 2a, but... that's about it. I guess if you really like doing the Stop And Go and you're bad at snapstarting (which you should ALSO learn for unresponsive yoyosâ€"there are ways to quickly wind responsive yoyos too, that make it a lot faster/easier to learn).

BUT YEAH get an N8 once you're intermediate-ish. You don't have to wait super longâ€"if you can do a boingy-boing or even ...whatever the fuck you call it, the braintwister but side-style, you're ready for an N8.

*watching this again, jesus, don't bind it THAT close to your throw hand. Get the yoyo mounted as close to your other hand as you can and still pull off the bind

Quote from: BilliardBall10 on July 24, 2017, 06:19:12 PM
also i googled those magic flea yoyos, and they are not just tiny, they are expensive, wow
i guess they are small in size, and huge in their price...

this fucking thing

the Mighty Flea goes through strings like the Hulk goes through T-shirts. I have never broken a string in my life because I'm always paying attention to how frayed it gets, I just wasn't expecting it to be that frayed after only twenty throws. As how as how the Flea feels: terrible, but it kind of has to for what it is. It's too small to have any real weight distribution at all, much less a good one. It's just a rock at the end of the string. Starts spinning out of control the SECOND the gyro spin dies, and it does NOT spin for a long time at all, but I did notice that improves as I (quickly) broke in the (tiny) bearing. ALL THAT BEING SAID I was expecting this to be a frustrating piece of shit way above my skill level, but holy shit it's so tiny and so fun and I LOVE IT.

AND NOW BACK TO GREYCLOCK
I read your post on my phone at work and had something really relevant to add that would have made the conversation go on but now that I'm home I can't remember what it was, oh well.

Though shit-smearing is a time honored tradition amongst people who aren't all there. Getting kicked out of the Navy took like a month and they shoved me into this little room called SEPS ("Separations", but SEPS was all capitals because acronyms) which was like being in a live action episode of M*A*S*H for a month and getting paid for it. So many great stories from there, and we'd often joked about re-enlisting for four more years of SEPS until one day we walked in the bathroom and someone had smeared shit all over the walls. Oh, yeah, that's right. Some people are in here because they actually have things wrong with them. Haha, let's go the fuck home, guys, hurry my case the fuck up.

Yeah, stories like Skeletor and your two (-and-a-half) are pretty fucked up, but I can't help that they're the most fascinating shit and I really want to write a bunch of them down. I don't know where I heard it and it's not like I can check any sources, but I did hear that Skeletor was like actually kookoo but somehow got to live by herself even though her idea of taking care of herself was eating an apple and then running for six hours. I think I was young when I heard that part (though she didn't die until I was well into high school). I'm babbling.

PhantomCatClock

BRUGH I JUST DID THE HIDEMASA HOOK ON A FUCKING FLEA i should make a yoyo thread but fuck it, it's fun to type homogang.com

PhantomCatClock

this is impressive because the string is like three feet long and that's fucking not actually enough

(so much so that I actually didn't get to bind/rewind it in that throw, it fizzled out as soon as I whipped it)

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

GreyClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 25, 2017, 03:09:51 AMYeah, stories like Skeletor and your two (-and-a-half) are pretty fucked up, but I can't help that they're the most fascinating shit and I really want to write a bunch of them down. I don't know where I heard it and it's not like I can check any sources, but I did hear that Skeletor was like actually kookoo but somehow got to live by herself even though her idea of taking care of herself was eating an apple and then running for six hours. I think I was young when I heard that part (though she didn't die until I was well into high school). I'm babbling.
Yeah, let her rip.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: GreyClock on July 24, 2017, 06:51:06 PM
I wasn't born in the corner of a room you doofus. It's in reference to the ongoing talk about the remote corners of countries.
ah yes. i understand.
yes, frontier-towns have a certain charm, i really like visiting them+exploring new, ''undicovered'' areas.
(or underappreciated (small) areas in general)

As for the castle reference, it was about me feeling sheltered in a town surrounded by hills, at the end of a long road that goes through a dark tunnel of trees. As in, I can imagine having a similar feeling when you live in a castle and find yourself surrounded by thick walls and a moat or whatever. You feel me homeboy.
yeah, i know what you mean.
natural enviroments can form a nice ''castle'' of sorts, its beautiful.
in my land we have many hills+mountains, along with large forests and many (wheat) fields, so i can totally understand this feeling...

also:
in regards to awesome birth-locations, do fortified-towns count?
i was born in a bastion, with had many castles+fortified walls around it. (since the byzantine years).
ofcourse, i wasnt born inside a castle; i was born in a hospital, one that exists within the area of the fortified town.

as for my house, it was a simple house, (not a castle by any means), but after many jobs, travels and adventures,
i now live in a (small) cozy stone house, which is the next best thing. (my new place is located on a different town tho; this is a small town/a ''large'' village, and it is a more rural place, full of large forests and nearby beaches.)

Also, you might want to try and divulge those cool stories instead of merely stating that there are in fact cool stories.
i would, but they are mostly ghost stories about haunted houses+old deaths, so it wouldnt be very pleasant.
i need to ask some of the older people tho, they know many of those stories.

Quote from: GreyClock on July 24, 2017, 06:40:00 PM
I was once at the inception of something that could very well have become a myth. After school one day we walked past this small forest and some other kids came out and told us they had found something weird. So we went in and found these clumps of what looked like white fur all over the place. So our imaginations kicked into overdrive and pretty soon we had convinced ourselves that a sheep had been killed there. That subject dominated our conversations for weeks. In retrospect somebody probably brushed their dog there. OR AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT THE SERIAL SHEEP KILLER WOULD HAVE ME BELIEVE.

damn, thats an awesome story, grey!
a sheep-killing machine is on the loose! protect your sheeplings! LOL

do you have more stories like this? ^^^^^^^

Quote from: GreyClock on July 24, 2017, 06:40:00 PM
I grew up in a town of about 3000 people, but there were some fucked up things going on. I remember a few more from back when I was in elementary school: this family of French immigrants lived not too far from me, a mother, a daughter and a son.[...]At one point they were evicted from their house for just shitting all over the place, which was discovered after neighbors complained about the stench. Come to think of it, we used to throw rocks at the guy, so now I've made myself feel bad. Some of these stories are very cruel
damn, this made me feel sad.
disabled people+cases of evil acts within a family (as in your attic rape story), such things always make me feel awful, so i am depressed now.

as for the skeletor lady, it saddens me to see ppl fall into the torment of anorexia.
(same thing applies for bulimia/compulsive eatings/extreme dietary habits, and any other mental condition that includes not-eating or excessive eating.)

however, it is surprising that ''skeletor lady'' lived long enough(for years) with such a harsh (daily) regiment of 1 apple+6 hours of constant running...

@phantomcat: you should write some of the best folk-stories/tales of your town, they sound interesting.

also @phantomcat: thanks for the yoyo info, i will try the N8 as soon as i will raise my yoyo-skill level...

Slurpee

I would probably resent molly and arthur weasley irl it's fucked up to have that many kids

PhantomCatClock

bruh wizards are going extinct don't you read pottermore

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

plus the spell to simulate the ol' snip involves shoving a wand down your urethra by about your dick length plus two inches so that's probably another major factor

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 26, 2017, 06:20:45 AM
bruh wizards are going extinct don't you read pottermore
good. dreadful creatures

Slurpee