News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zl

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on August 12, 2017, 02:23:43 PM
the swollbar :shrug: (pretend that smiley is flexing and not shrugging)

this made me want to look up pictures of sad people flexing

the harvest has been bountiful

GreyClock

I don't have an ending for my movie. Two weird characters talk for a few minutes (par for the course), then a bunch of Billiardballs Ten? Billiardballtens? are born and then ...?

Suggestions shouldn't take too much work, because I'm kind of done with it.

RobClock

did you guys know Acapela Group has an obnoxious jingle in their audio previews now? really fucking throwing a wrench in my project here.

Sorry grey, I'm shit at endings myself.

pop-tart

Quote from: RobClock on August 13, 2017, 05:59:47 PM
did you guys know Acapela Group has an obnoxious jingle in their audio previews now?

Just checked it out. Holy shit that sucks.

I looked at their prices figuring if there was a license I would buy one and share the key with ya. No luck. You gotta pay for credits... and it works out to like $10 a minute. Fuck that.

RobClock

Yeah, fucking ridiculous. Thats the second time I've had to change my character's voice.

This site is pretty good. https://www.ispeech.org/text.to.speech
You've got to record it as it plays back with Audacity but at least theres no goddam background music.

Luwano

Quote from: GreyClock on August 13, 2017, 12:32:44 PM
I don't have an ending for my movie. Two weird characters talk for a few minutes (par for the course), then a bunch of Billiardballs Ten? Billiardballtens? are born and then ...?

Suggestions shouldn't take too much work, because I'm kind of done with it.

...and then they become more and more until the screen is filled and blackens as if the whole world is consumed by BB10s?

PhantomCatClock

Hey Rob, I tried Acapela Group. Record that shit in Audacity, have a spot in your text that's just a bunch of dots so there's a big pause with just music playing, select at least one full loop of the music (ideally as much as you can though) and then go up to Effect=>Noise Reduction and hit "Get Noise Profile" to close the little window that pops up. Now hit ctrl+A to select everything and then ctrl+R (or whatever it is, the REPEAT EFFECT button) a couple of times until the music disappears. You MIGHT want to hit it one more time to really get the bell noises out, but too much will make the voice sound even more like a robot (which may or may not be a good thing)

GreyClock

I was also using Acapela Box and they fucking added that shit midway through the recording of the dialog. That said, I registered an account and the previews in that are (two days ago?) still jingle free. Then record the internal sound in Audacity, which you probably already know etc.

SockpuppetClock

i dont think im gonna be able to make anything this year. sorry

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

So how's about that twin peaks last night eh wot pretty fuckin spectacular episode if I do say so myself

zl

Quote from: RobClock on August 14, 2017, 09:35:28 AM
So how's about that twin peaks last night eh wot pretty fuckin spectacular episode if I do say so myself

Man I loved it

The dream sequence was great, and I was so pumped to see Andy up there. And the entire 5-minute green rubber glove story was incredible. Not to mention Sarah's scene in the bar....just primo Twin Peaks insanity the whole way through.

GreyClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln on August 14, 2017, 10:10:30 AM
Quote from: RobClock on August 14, 2017, 09:35:28 AM

Man I loved it

The dream sequence was great, and I was so pumped to see Andy up there. And the entire 5-minute green rubber glove story was incredible. Not to mention Sarah's scene in the bar....just primo Twin Peaks insanity the whole way through.
I sat in the sun all afternoon drinking beer so this might will become little rambly and inaccurate (incoherent?), but here goes: when Andy was looking at the laser rock show I was like he's probably the least qualified person to show this to, why choose him over the other three (esp. Hawk), but when he reappeared he immediately took charge and told the others what needed to happen and I was like that's a nifty change in character. (Granted, he's been doing some stuff on his own this season, stuff that I don't fully understand yet. (Although he did wait for like half an hour for some guy to show who gave him his word or whatever, good job.) Sarah Palmer ties in nicely with the post I made last week about her scenes from the week before that. I mean she's this frail old woman at the bar etc. says some semi-menacing things to Captain Fuckstick perhaps, but when she turns to face the guy (even before the weird thingâ,,¢ happens), I mean just the look she gives him wow, and also the changes in her voice (from strangely calm and confident and sort of deep to shrieking shock (see also the scene in the supermarket from two weeks ago) she's a great actress. For the longest time I thought she was the mom of that girl from Eyes Wide Shut and I never bothered to look it up until now, but apparently that's Sobieski. Anyway, I think I'm developing the smallest little thing for her. (Apparently she's 76.)

Oh yeah.

You mean the Monica Bellucci dream sequence? I don't know all that much about Lynch, but you get the feeling he really had a dream about her and was like yeah fuck it I'll get her to do a scene with me. Apparently that's what the whole Shelly/Cole kiss was about in the original run, like him going "I wanna get in on that." Come to think of it, is all of his stuff just his dream journal put to film or what? Or rather dreams put to film. A dream journal in film format? The first thing sounds maybe a bit disparaging, which is not intended. There's always that dreamlike quality when watching his stuff, which also makes it so hard to interpret, like you know, a dream you had last night. Last night I dreamt I was learning Korean. What's that about? Maybe this is a well-known thing/ground floor, obvious-type explanation, but I'm unable to gauge that in this state, and I don't feel like looking it up right now. Like everyone's going "BUT... what does it MEAN?" when in reality, who the fuck knows, maybe he doesn't? I don't know.

What else? Two things: am I supposed to know the chicken or monkey or what was it impersonator (the guy with the whole face thing going on) in the jail? Also, did I miss something with Sarah Palmer or did we go from drinking alone for years, to supermarket breakdown and sounds in the house to well, the weird thingâ,,¢? That happened before with another character right, who was it and in what context? I can't remember. That whole thing with deputy Rat was typical Twin Peaks as well: "Yes, you're under arrest now! WE'VE BEEN WATCHING YOU ALL ALONG!" Really? Next time maybe arrest him before he supplies information that allows a murderer to flee justice or whatever or maybe that was the proverbial not straw, but the other thing, whatever you get the point. I have to stop now.

And another thing, I just finished a full watch through of Seinfeld and I kind of miss it or something? Like I feel I just want to start at season 2 and watch it all again (fuck season 1).

GreyClock

Like am I supposed to sit here and think that the whole "Blue rose..." "Blue roses don't occur in nature" or whatever it was, that that was planned when it first came up in FWWM or in the original run (I can't remember that either, FWWM for sure though), as if there's some sort of whiteboard in his house with the whole thing planned out in meticulous detail, or that maybe he just rolls with it. Not necessarily meant to prove the dream point but surely it indicates a more loosey-goosey approach. I mean the man paints abstract-expressionist works in his spare time right.

GreyClock

I'm in no way suggesting that someone can't sincerely paint an Impressionist work and then go on to sincerely write a Surrealist story or vice versa or whatever without one influencing the other in any particular way, fuck you nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

GreyClock

Can you sincerely set out to paint an Impressionist work or write a Surrealist story or can the sincerity only ever be measured or qualified after the fact?

Sometimes I sincerely long for death.

GreyClock

Looking out of my window into the darkness I can see several lit windows at various distances that blend together perfectly to form a hellmouth: eyes, nostrils, a fanged mouth.

While I was typing that the nostrils have been turned off.

PhantomCatClock

The WALL ARTIST link for Rob's one goes to RoBclock.newgrounds.com instead of his page, haha

shit

PhantomCatClock

better get started on my Clock Day animation

PhantomCatClock