News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

I don't disagree with you at all. I had resolved to the fact that we weren't getting regular cooper back by around part 8 and just sort of accepted that The Return was mostly aimless. When he awoke from the coma it was a great moment, but only insofar as we, the fans, wanted to see that character again. I get the feeling like Lynch had very little investment in actually continuing the story of Twin Peaks proper, which is fine.  What we got was enthralling, made with the use of familiar elements. But like i said, the ending left me feeling pretty hollow.

VCRClock

it's scamtaro time

when we work together it's much better

we like jawbreakers grub grub grub
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

GreyClock

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

Clocktopus

RobClock

In Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, when Phillip Jefferies arrives in Gordon's office, he says "it was a dream. We live inside a dream." And, in the missing pieces, he is slooped over Gordon's desk looking up and says aloud the year- then vanishes, reappearing in that hotel he originally disappeared from. So maybe when Carrie shrieked at the end of part 18 it woke cooper from this strange 'dream' reality he, seemingly knowingly, entered into.

Going on the assumption that it's a different reality, not an alternate timeline.

I'm still reading theories about The Return. I should pick up Frost's books.

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on September 07, 2017, 07:27:15 AM
In Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, when Phillip Jefferies arrives in Gordon's office, he says "it was a dream. We live inside a dream." And, in the missing pieces, he is slooped over Gordon's desk looking up and says aloud the year- then vanishes, reappearing in that hotel he originally disappeared from. So maybe when Carrie shrieked at the end of part 18 it woke cooper from this strange 'dream' reality he, seemingly knowingly, entered into.

Going on the assumption that it's a different reality, not an alternate timeline.

I'm still reading theories about The Return. I should pick up Frost's books.
Didn't Coop say something similar (perhaps even the exact same thing?) during the scene where there was an alpha layer with his giant face over the screen?

RobClock

Yeah he said " we live inside a dream", it was kind of slowed down or in a lower pitch.

GreyClock

I wanted to buy a loaf of bread today, but the shop only had halves. I was quite annoyed and bought one.

RobClock

half a loaf of bread? what kind of dystopian society do you live in

Slurpee

here in America, all bread is pressed from a mold and irreducible

PhantomCatClock

Rye comes in half loaves

King Hawaiian has full and half loaves of their sweet bread

GreyClock

Are your respective countries big on sourdough or yeast type bread? I imagine that in America there are gigantic factories where they pump those loaves full of corn syrup or something? I google-imaged "supermarket bread usa" and does everything (have to) have a brand? Are they baked in-house at the supermarket? Or are they just these soggy, dense blocks of Super Wheat-Substituteâ,,¢ that are shipped in from halfway across the country and have been on expedition for a month? But that doesn't actually matter because they're also chock-full of preservatives and will outlast you if you just leave it in a cupboard somewhere? I mainly see little old ladies scurrying about with half loaves here, they probably don't eat that much and the bread goes dry and hard after about a week.

Anyway the main thing I wanted to communicate was that I bought one half loaf like a moron. I could have just bought two half loaves and presto. This only occurred to me several hours later when I was making a sandwich. In the store I was on the verge of asking some kid where the whole loaves were etc. I guess that buying one whole loaf is so ingrained (he he) in me that I'm not even going to finish this thought, I just wanted to make the pun.

PhantomCatClock

All of the above. We have soggy mass superbread and locally made bread and I'm like two hours away from the place where sourdough was invented so you bet giraffes it's a big deal here

We have a lot of low quality bread, but I'd be surprised if you get as much choice anywhere else. I work in a warehouse grocery store and we have an entire aisle for bread (and a lot are nice) ((though, now that you've said "soggy", our cheapest one is 87¢ and I swear to god it's wet when we take it off the truck))

GreyClock

Including the in-house baking?

Sourdough is really gross though.

PhantomCatClock

MY store doesn't. It's more of a standalone bakery thing moresoâ,,¢ than a grocery store's built in bakery thing, but you see them here and there, too.

I was gonna say, everyone I know who moved here hates sourdough so I was surprised but I figured you just lived somewhere where they also don't throw away bread cultures that turned sour

I hated it my whole life until I was like 20 but then I got this clam chowder in a sourdough bowl and fuck me I'm making sourdough toast now like a real california

PhantomCatClock

Kings Hawaiian does not make half loaves. Maybe they haven't researched that technology, yet