News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyClock

I used to live near the German border and I sometimes got some of my groceries there. One time I was like I'll buy bread here so I don't have to go a Dutch shop later and holy god when I tried eating the first peanut butter sandwich with that moist, dense, sour slab of bread... gross. We're very much a yeast country. Nice and light.

RobClock

Jay from redlettermedia tweeted a link to this theory on The Return http://www.waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/

It's an interesting read if anyone is interested or cares

RenegadeClock

RenegadeClock

But to answer your question: yes, in most of the bigger grocery stores they have an in-house bakery. If I'm getting some bread that I plan to use all of within a day or two I'll get it from the bakery, but for stuff that I need to last through the week I'll get the factory made. I've had loaves that I've got from a bakery literally get moldy overnight, and it's not cheap. The store that I bought it from would bag the bread before it completely cooled, and moisture would acculmulate in the bag, promoting mold growth. When I do buy the factory stuff there's a brand here called Dave's Killer Bread that is made just a few towns away and  doesn't have bullshit ingredients.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

RobClock

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

I enjoyed everything about that save the inclusion of the word 'epic'

RobClock

Slurpee

we're using a linux VMware thinger in my assembly class so we can learn different kinds of assembly. it's kind of cool knocking around in an unfamiliar operating system and pretty satisfying learning how to update programs through terminal and manually change permissions and shit. I updated a broken file path in the xscreensaver directory and installed a missing font pack for ddd. :) (distro is "Mint"- I'm assuming this is a lame training wheels version of linux because it's super friendly and acts like an early version of OSX)

so anyway I submitted an assignment that's due tonight for that class aand tried to shut down my computer and fucking windows fucking update was like cool time for me to install these 23 updates you don't have a fucking choice over. now it's half a goddamned hour later and I've got a black t-shirt over the pointless bright blue screen that was keeping me up for no fucking reason and I couldn't have done anything to prevent and you know what? maybe I'm just going to fucking switch to fucking linux. I've only been making fun of the notion since I was 12, but at least you have some semblance of goddamned control over what your fucking computer is doing. maybe microsoft and apple can both lick my fucking butt with their forced updates and planned obsolescence and data farming

Slash

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

Mint is pretty legit. Smaller Linuxes (Linices?) are sexier. Make sure you use KDE to completely counteract that

(kde is nice the joke is that it is big haha hoho)

miracle fruit

PhantomCatClock

Do you think in ten years someone will grow up to join and unironically use the name fidgetspinnerclock

RobClock

RobClock

miracle fruit

could u make the image a little bigger please i cant see it

RobClock