News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyClock

[u2]hhHJ4zEKDZY[/u2]

I haven't laughed in months.

VCRClock

I've used linux for the past few years

most of what I do on my computer is "fucking around" and linux is perfectly acceptable for that most of the time

sometimes I feel like if I wanted to actually make things I'd be better off with just getting a macbook again
- never have to resolve arguments between pieces of software
- never have to run an update, discover that made sound stop working for some reason and spend a few hours figuring that out
- if I want to learn to use industry standard software that isn't improved, debugged and maintained at the whim of unpaid hobbyists I just buy it
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

Hey so since you guys are so interested, I got that expensive yoyo I've been eyeballing for a while because apparently it's the end of the tax year or whatever in Japan. It's like $80 every-fucking-where here, but this one was cheap because of their sale and it being the least popular color. I got it, ridiculous international shipping, and a fancy $20 speedcube for less than what just the yoyo would be at YoYoSam and YYS doesn't even have free shipping. :cool:

PhantomCatClock

SLURPEE.

I don't hate the idea of modernizing Archie, but I haven't actually found a modernized one that I actually liked, yet. I understand that these are new characters moreso than new takes on the old characters, but reading about Jughead being a jackass and Reggie being a way more real jackass, NYUH-UH man I couldn't do it. The old shitty characters mean too much to me. SO I ASK YOU: will I be able to tolerate Netflix' Riverdale (2017)?

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

if obamus and trump wre such good rpesidents, wey are unicycles so godamend expensive sitll

PhantomCatClock

do you think robots get extra screens installed to make dynamic/easily changeable tattoos
and their mothers are like DON'T GET THAT EXTRA SCREEN INSTALLED, YOU'LL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WHEN A HIGHER RESOLUTION COMES OUT

GreyClock

One day your entire body will be a screen. Pixels for pores.

PhantomCatClock

One day my entire body will be a peen. Dixels for whores.

zl

dumping thoughts about jury duty here

Just finished a week-long trial.
I was, at some points, the only juror arguing for a "not guilty" verdict
which was stressful but kind of cool

the case was interesting: 22 charges of improperly stored firearms. But those charges were the result of a massive, 20-cop raid of this dude's house - with a warrant for something they never revealed to us

and it turns out the dude is the ex-police chief of that town, and they tricked him to leave the house before extracting over 200 guns from it. we got testimony from about a dozen cops and his wife, a TON of conflicting testimony, very strange things being left out

it was confusing and complicated and every one of those 22 counts had to be individually considered.

in the end, we divided the charged weapons into 4 categories: Those removed from the attic, those from the bedroom, those where the location was unclear, and a single revolver under a dining-room chair cushion. Each one had distinct circumstances and we had to figure out what doors were locked, how sturdy those locks were, how many guns the wife had "under control" - which is a sort of unclear legal term.

it took days of arguing for everyone to come to agreement...and in the end, we decided the Attic guns were guilty as charged, and the rest were not guilty

I feel pretty torn up about it though - the case for the attic hatch being unlocked was just baaaarely convincing - but, in the end, it was convincing.

we found out later that the warrant was because some guy at a bar claimed this dude pulled a gun on them. Turns out he was found totally innocent there
so all these charges were the result of the phony accusation

and now - well, the dude was clearly a gun collector - he had a lot of historical stuff, guns from every war, and he wanted to open a museum. Now he's probably getting none of them back and could face jail time for what, in my opinion, was a fairly fucking minor offense - not locking the attic hatch while his wife was home as he went to the police station down the street as per their request

obviously unsecured guns aren't great but these were pretty understandable circumstances. Now the judge has the right to sentence him to anything from probation to 144 years in prison

The jury was a good group of people - everyone was taking it seriously and was reasonably open-minded. I think that when police raid homes, you're gonna get this kind of situation - small lapses that turn into massive, multi-year ordeals and an unkind letter of the law that has to be followed

I'm feeling pretty drained by the whole thing. Feeling like I messed up a dude's future in the extreme. I'm really hoping the judge is lenient.

PhantomCatClock

Also, I didn't forget that I was going to comment "to" on http://joeneato.newgrounds.com/news/post/790220#comments on Sept 17, 2017. I set up an alert in multiple places back then and never actually forgot, anyway. BB10 just broke my combo. He is comment pollution.

PhantomCatClock

Holy shit, Zombs, THAT was a read. I know nothing of the case or the guy other than what you just said, but now you need to let me know if he was let off lightly

and possibly forget to if he wasn't

Slurpee

that's rough. seems kind of obvious the letter of the law was being abused to pursue a vendetta

I've never juried. every time I go to a jury summons they never even call my name to be interviewed. it's like they bring me there just to mess with me

I've been wanting to try this thing Jeff Davis talked about on Harmontown- he said if during the interview process you ask the court for its opinion on jury nullification they'll immediately dismiss you. not sure if I want to do that or keep the fact that I know about the concept under my hat just in case I want to nullify something. ANARCHY!! ANARCHYYYYYYYY

PhantomCatClock

Getting back into Rubik's cubing is a pleasant reminder that, while I am not colorblind, I am colorstupid.

miracle fruit

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln on September 21, 2017, 07:40:22 PM
dumping thoughts about jury duty here

Just finished a week-long trial.
I was, at some points, the only juror arguing for a "not guilty" verdict
which was stressful but kind of cool

the case was interesting: 22 charges of improperly stored firearms. But those charges were the result of a massive, 20-cop raid of this dude's house - with a warrant for something they never revealed to us

and it turns out the dude is the ex-police chief of that town, and they tricked him to leave the house before extracting over 200 guns from it. we got testimony from about a dozen cops and his wife, a TON of conflicting testimony, very strange things being left out

it was confusing and complicated and every one of those 22 counts had to be individually considered.

in the end, we divided the charged weapons into 4 categories: Those removed from the attic, those from the bedroom, those where the location was unclear, and a single revolver under a dining-room chair cushion. Each one had distinct circumstances and we had to figure out what doors were locked, how sturdy those locks were, how many guns the wife had "under control" - which is a sort of unclear legal term.

it took days of arguing for everyone to come to agreement...and in the end, we decided the Attic guns were guilty as charged, and the rest were not guilty

I feel pretty torn up about it though - the case for the attic hatch being unlocked was just baaaarely convincing - but, in the end, it was convincing.

we found out later that the warrant was because some guy at a bar claimed this dude pulled a gun on them. Turns out he was found totally innocent there
so all these charges were the result of the phony accusation

and now - well, the dude was clearly a gun collector - he had a lot of historical stuff, guns from every war, and he wanted to open a museum. Now he's probably getting none of them back and could face jail time for what, in my opinion, was a fairly fucking minor offense - not locking the attic hatch while his wife was home as he went to the police station down the street as per their request

obviously unsecured guns aren't great but these were pretty understandable circumstances. Now the judge has the right to sentence him to anything from probation to 144 years in prison

The jury was a good group of people - everyone was taking it seriously and was reasonably open-minded. I think that when police raid homes, you're gonna get this kind of situation - small lapses that turn into massive, multi-year ordeals and an unkind letter of the law that has to be followed

I'm feeling pretty drained by the whole thing. Feeling like I messed up a dude's future in the extreme. I'm really hoping the judge is lenient.

i dont remember this episode of frasier

PhantomCatClock

Hospital visit to tell me there was nothing wrong with me: $473 ($28 of which was checking my pulse)

Ambulance to the hospital that I asked several times not to have: $1642 ($945 for the honor of riding in it, and then $41 per mile for seventeen miles)

RobClock

drew this at work

drew this while watching 'David Lynch: The Art Life'

RenegadeClock