News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on November 09, 2017, 07:01:38 PM
Do you guys have any specific goals or ambitions or dreams or whatever the fucks? If so lay them out and we'll discuss them and it will be nice. I'm nostalgic for the future, if that makes sense.

I truly and sincerely don’t which is where a lot of my issues stem from, I think

All I’d really like out of life is to find someone to spend my time with so I don’t die miserable and alone forgotten and unloved

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on November 13, 2017, 08:36:14 AMI truly and sincerely don’t which is where a lot of my issues stem from, I think

All I’d really like out of life is to find someone to spend my time with so I don’t die miserable and alone forgotten and unloved
Yes to the first part. Although lately I've been entertaining the idea of some day buying a small freestanding house near a forest, or even a lake. It would have a decent-sized garden, and for some reason I want to make my own furniture. I'm a little done with apartment life, even though I only just moved like six months ago. It's a little depressing to realize I still have at least a couple of years to go before I can even begin to think seriously about something like this, but I guess it's good to have something to work towards, or look forward to.

If you want, I could say a few depressing things about the second part.

RobClock

I’m sure, based on the synopsis of it being depressing, I’ve already thought it myself at least once

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: RobClock on November 13, 2017, 08:34:28 AM
I made this while the forums were down and posted it on discord to the complete indifference of everyone there https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/97ae21ed1029d858bdf56a59e57107f5

I actually almost submitted a similar thing but this is much beautifuller and if it didn't make the cut mine wouldn't BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FORUM

I learned you can be allergic to weed and that does not equal a good time. I'm better now, throat still feels like it's on fire (we did an edible but it feels like I was smoking as fast as I could all night) but by and far the trip was the worst part

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on November 13, 2017, 12:50:53 PMI’m sure, based on the synopsis of it being depressing, I’ve already thought it myself at least once
Then why still fear (or at least worry about) dying alone, being remembered, stuff like that? (Genuinely asking, not being a smart-alecky contrarian edgelord.)

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on November 13, 2017, 03:59:05 PMI learned you can be allergic to weed and that does not equal a good time. I'm better now, throat still feels like it's on fire (we did an edible but it feels like I was smoking as fast as I could all night) but by and far the trip was the worst part
Tripping on weed? What was that like?

RobClock

I have a physical problem that makes sex painful which makes it very hard to maintain a relationship hence I have reservations about getting into one which only amplifies my loneliness and I’m in a situation financially where I couldn’t take the time off work to have said Problem rectified

It’s depressing

PhantomCatClock

become a masochist

I was in the time loop one and it was scary because it was like my whole life (I kept realizing that everything lead up to trying a fucking pot chocolate bar so I was saying "it's not worth it. What was that, $10?" over and over)

I kept staring at my fan and it looked like it had a preview of a photoshop filter over it and I was watching it get drawn over and over and that was part of the loop, and I fell off my bed at least once but it felt like I was doing it over and over and I remember my friend getting mad at me saying "OKAY, IT CAN BE REAL AND IT CAN BE OVER IF YOU JUST GET IN BED" so I think that actually happened

mostly now my throat just hurts and I'm telling myself that's not what life actually is

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on November 13, 2017, 03:59:05 PM
I actually almost submitted a similar thing but this is much beautifuller and if it didn't make the cut mine wouldn't BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FORUM

I didnt actually submit mine to the portal, i'd really like to see what you made
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on November 13, 2017, 06:20:31 PM
I was in the time loop one and it was scary because it was like my whole life (I kept realizing that everything lead up to trying a fucking pot chocolate bar so I was saying "it's not worth it. What was that, $10?" over and over)

I kept staring at my fan and it looked like it had a preview of a photoshop filter over it and I was watching it get drawn over and over and that was part of the loop, and I fell off my bed at least once but it felt like I was doing it over and over and I remember my friend getting mad at me saying "OKAY, IT CAN BE REAL AND IT CAN BE OVER IF YOU JUST GET IN BED" so I think that actually happened

mostly now my throat just hurts and I'm telling myself that's not what life actually is

That sounds like fresh hell. Have you considered producing an 80s style anti-drug PSA?

zl

I didn't like the forum being down but this
Quote from: RobClock on November 13, 2017, 08:34:28 AM
I made this while the forums were down and posted it on discord to the complete indifference of everyone there https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/97ae21ed1029d858bdf56a59e57107f5
makes it a good trade

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on November 13, 2017, 11:55:06 AM
Although lately I've been entertaining the idea of some day buying a small freestanding house near a forest, or even a lake. It would have a decent-sized garden, and for some reason I want to make my own furniture.
I'm pretty sure Renegade did something like this? and is a mighty woodsman or something. I vaguely recall him talking about some not-quite-entirely-off-the-grid living and only kind of paying attention because I was distracted by his absolutely dashing van dyke

Slurpee

Do you guys have any specific goals or ambitions or dreams or whatever the fucks? If so lay them out and we'll discuss them and it will be nice. I'm nostalgic for the future, if that makes sense.
I have a paracosm in my head that I go back and forth as to whether it's a shade of my very essence that I will one day distill into form and scream into the heart of the world, or an undercooked jumble of cod-profundity wrought from ideas already present in rightfully-underregarded corners of popular culture that I naively or narcissistically believe to be worth sharing merely because it is mine, depending on if I am depressed or not

right now it's a video game that doesn't exist, but it's been a book that doesn't exist, a comic that doesn't' exist, and a cartoon that doesn't exist. some day, when I'm capable, I'll sit down and begin to mold the sketches and fragments and stories into something coherent and material, and I like to imagine I won't get bored of it, and so, in some distant aidenn, I'll finally be able to share it with people and most of them won't care and some will say it is "ok" but at least a few will really dig it and I'll die with a smile on my face knowing that here on earth my work is complete

Slurpee

also, general apologies for my general lack of commentary on flash, I mostly visit the clock crew on my ipad

Slash

For a second there I thought cc was RIP for real.

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on November 13, 2017, 06:14:18 PMI have a physical problem that makes sex painful which makes it very hard to maintain a relationship hence I have reservations about getting into one which only amplifies my loneliness and I’m in a situation financially where I couldn’t take the time off work to have said Problem rectified

It’s depressing
Okay, I see that we're approaching this from different angles. You have a very real problem that is leading to these worries, whereas I meant it more in the relativistic sense that those worries are inescapable facts of life (you'll die alone, you'll be forgotten, no matter what), so there's no point in worrying about it.* Which is liberating in a way, but obviously also easier said than done. At the same time I myself worry that I'm just warped because I've seen death up close at a young age, hence the eternal polling of other people's experiences, to compare and hopefully find some form of validation in the common ground. (I now realize that in essence all that I've done is substituting one set of worries with another... and I'm not sure what that means yet? Fretters gonna fret?)

*I'm aware that this is akin to telling a cancer patient anything from "Don't worry, be happy" to "It's all God's plan" and an incredible dick move, but for the sake of argument...

So in closing I'll just say: that fucking sucks dude.

Quote from: Slurpee on November 13, 2017, 07:07:55 PMI'm pretty sure Renegade did something like this? and is a mighty woodsman or something. I vaguely recall him talking about some not-quite-entirely-off-the-grid living and only kind of paying attention because I was distracted by his absolutely dashing van dyke
Yeah, I remember that. Although I don't really care about any of that on-the-grid/off-the-grid stuff, or being a manly woodsman...

I think I just want to be a hobbit.

GreyClock

And not Bilbo or Frodo, I want to be that grumpy guy who's sweeping his garden path both before, during and after the Important Eventsâ,,¢ that unfolded anywhere else but here.

zl

Quote from: RobClock on November 13, 2017, 08:36:14 AM

I truly and sincerely don’t which is where a lot of my issues stem from, I think

I can offer virtual fist-bumps for as long as the internet holds out

RobClock

Did anyone else see Thor 3?

Disappointing/10

PhantomCatClock

I just watched it but luckily for me I like everything

RenegadeClock

Quote from: Slurpee on November 13, 2017, 07:07:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Renegade did something like this? and is a mighty woodsman or something. I vaguely recall him talking about some not-quite-entirely-off-the-grid living and only kind of paying attention because I was distracted by his absolutely dashing van dyke

I am a lumberjack and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY

RobClock