News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PannacottaClock and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

RenegadeClock

Pops, I think you got off easy. I had a friend who fractured his dick in the middle and he says it's never been quite the same since.

When I was a kid the time it took movies to go from theater to video was like 6 months (back in the good ol' VHS days). Now it seems like they turn over in about a week.

Also, general question to everyone, do the theaters in your area serve beer? When I lived in SoCal there was only one theater I heard of that had alcohol and it was really expensive and a long drive through to LA get to. But up here in Oregon it seems like it's the norm, and the price is the same as what you'd pay at any bar. Heck, a large soda costs more than a beer. Another reason I love it up here.

TelephoneClock

I live in Maryland and there's a really nice theater nearby that serves alcohol, I know beer but I think some wine and a few whiskeys. All of the seats are really comfy and they recline, you reserve where you want to sit, and there's apparently a VIP section where you can have staff bring you food and drinks while the movie is playing, like you press a button or somehow place an order and they bring you shit from the lobby.

All of that and their normal ticket price is about $11, on Tuesdays tickets are $6

TelephoneClock

Also I liked Thor: Ragnarok.

It's a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, as in it's very colorful, has a kick-ass soundtrack, and is more fun and witty compared to the other two. I'm assuming. I haven't actually seen the first 2 Thors. If you like Guardians 2 you'll probably like it. It's no cinematic masterpiece but it's a lot of fun

Slurpee

Quote from: RenegadeClock on February 02, 2018, 02:30:10 PM
Pops, I think you got off easy. I had a friend who fractured his dick in the middle and he says it's never been quite the same since.

When I was a kid the time it took movies to go from theater to video was like 6 months (back in the good ol' VHS days). Now it seems like they turn over in about a week.

Also, general question to everyone, do the theaters in your area serve beer? When I lived in SoCal there was only one theater I heard of that had alcohol and it was really expensive and a long drive through to LA get to. But up here in Oregon it seems like it's the norm, and the price is the same as what you'd pay at any bar. Heck, a large soda costs more than a beer. Another reason I love it up here.
it's getting more and more common. the big chains like century and regal are bleeding money and the theaters that are more interested in providing the the cinema ~experience~ seem to be filling in where they leave off

e:although... come to think of it, the red vic went out of business, but that might have just been the techie gentrification

the new parkway is in the vein of the alamo drafthouse, where it's comfortable and relaxed and they serve alcohol, and if you start fucking up the movie for everyone they kick you the fuck out

AMC went from this dying studio chain to like a weird mashup of the two where they have a bar and they're serious about the experience and they even have, like, assigned seating, and when you buy your ticket you need to sit in the seat you bought a ticket for, but it's also very clearly a streamlined commercial enterprise and idk

Slurpee

Quote from: TelephoneClock on February 02, 2018, 03:24:19 PM
Also I liked Thor: Ragnarok.

It's a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, as in it's very colorful, has a kick-ass soundtrack, and is more fun and witty compared to the other two. I'm assuming. I haven't actually seen the first 2 Thors. If you like Guardians 2 you'll probably like it. It's no cinematic masterpiece but it's a lot of fun
I heard that it's very different from the first two and I guess I'm glad it's different from the second one but tbh I'm kind of a fan of how fucking weird the Thor movies were. 'cause like Dr. Strange was really just Iron Man again except with magic and Benedict Cumberbatch, and that's fine, I guess, but Thor got to deviate a bit from the more concrete parts of the Marvel formula. in the first movie the antagonist was basically insecurity, and the plot was driven by how bad Natalie Portman wanted to tap that. the second one was a hot mess but at least it was weird. I'm getting tired of all the humor in successful blockbusters coming from self-consciously breaking up the tension, like, speaking of insecurity. can't have a serious moment without somebody farting! god forbid the audience think you give a shit about the story you're telling

RobClock

Quote from: RenegadeClock on February 02, 2018, 02:30:10 PM

I can attest to this. Dick injury is no joke.

RobClock

Thor Ragnarok did nothing for me. It's a tonal mess, with little regard for the characters, and in the way GotG vol 2 had a problem with serious scenes being undercut with a lame joke, Thor 3 has more severely. Its colourful visually, and its not boring, but it's just not anything exceptional. 5/10 sort of deal.

RobClock

My buddy Jimmy is a fire fighter and he told us the westmount fire hall was getting rid of their pool table; first come, first serve. My other friend, Stuart, has a two bay door garage so we booted over there to get it. My Dad's f-150 has an 8ft box so i borrowed that for an hour. Took six of us to get it up and off the bed, but we got it done.

pretty swell

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

TelephoneClock

TelephoneClock

Maybe I need to drink more water but hearing sounds of liquid always makes me thirsty, like hearing that juice hit the pavement, and the sound of gasoline coming out of one of those little canisters

RobClock

[u2]GjwjzIFcX7U[/u2]

Tom Holland referring to the other actors as 'people he grew up watching' gave me pause like "Christ, how old is this kid?" but he was born in '96. Which made me realize that the MCU has been going for nearly half of my natural life. That's fucking nuts.

At the same time, I've never considered it a series I grew up watching. The Avengers came out when I was in the 12th grade, not when I was like 6.

Slurpee

a friend on facebook called one my replies a "jeff response" a few weeks ago and I just now processed that this couldn't possibly have been in reference to "slurpee posts" and he just independently came to the decision that my style of written communication is idiosyncratic as to entail eponymous designation

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on February 08, 2018, 02:30:16 PM
Tom Holland referring to the other actors as 'people he grew up watching' gave me pause like "Christ, how old is this kid?" but he was born in '96. Which made me realize that the MCU has been going for nearly half of my natural life. That's fucking nuts.

At the same time, I've never considered it a series I grew up watching. The Avengers came out when I was in the 12th grade, not when I was like 6.
same. mcu is just this thing that made action movies good again when I was a few years out of high school

and holland being 12 and saying he grew up watching them is pretty late in the game?
if we're starting at 12 I grew up watching, like, battle royale and fear and loathing in las vegas because we were a bunch of tiny edgelords who thought watching good weird movies would transfer their coolness onto us. like no I grew up watching ninja turtles, beast wars and cartoon cartoons lol

Slurpee

the "dilly dilly" commercial is so bad and unfunny that I started saying "dilly dilly" in response to any commercial being obviously bad and unfunny

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I grew up on spiderman 3 and avengers 2 things were just better when I was a little kid

RobClock