News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

I spent over $150 at StarCityGames as a birthday present to myself and I don't even play MTG.

GreyClock

Last night I had a déjà vu about posting about having a déjà vu about having a déja vu about having a déjà vu.

I posted about the déjà vu of a déjà vu in 2006. (http://clockcrew.net/talk/index.php?topic=20942)

Then I hit the triple in 2008.

Now it's 2018 and I quadrupled.

Shit from my ass.

PhantomCatClock

You wouldn't be caught in this loop if you didn't experiment with drugs when you were younger.

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

I was thinking too much while I was trying to sleep...

Then I was thinking about thinking too much while trying to sleep...

Then I was thinking about thinking about thinking too much while trying to sleep...

Then I was thinking about posting about thinking about thinking about thinking too much while trying to sleep...

Then I had a déjà vu about posting about having a déjà vu about having a déja vu about having a déjà vu...

Then I wondered if I'm on the verge of some sort of schizophrenic breakdown...

Then I slept like a baby.

Who needs drugs?

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on February 13, 2018, 07:26:04 PM
I was thinking too much while I was trying to sleep...

Then I was thinking about thinking too much while trying to sleep...

Then I was thinking about thinking about thinking too much while trying to sleep...

Then I was thinking about posting about thinking about thinking about thinking too much while trying to sleep...
when I get stuck in this cycle I use a meditation technique I picked up from... somewhere?: picture a big fucking pit in your mind's eye, and, as thoughts come in, kick them into the pit. (the pit represents nihility. the thoughts are gone and will be entertained no more, even if they were super interesting. (it'll be okay.)) another thought, unrelated and arguably insane, will float in to replace it. something you were supposed to do at the bank? something about donkeys? kick it into the pit.
you will start to have thoughts about this process of kicking thoughts into the pit, but, no matter. get back around them, and kick those thoughts into the pit, too. the mental construction you now have of yourself kicking the thoughts in the pit goes into the pit, too. a tiny voice in your head may raise an objection to this- "but how-" into the pit, bitch. no compromise, no prisoners, no surrender. thoughts go in the pitttt

(probably worth noting, as it was taught to me, the pit was originally two doors- a thought comes in one door, you acknowledge it, and it carelessly wafts out the other door, which closes behind it. this gradually morphed into the pit for me, and I like the pit better, but ymmv)

GreyClock

I'll give that a shot soon, thanks.

Anyone watching (parts of) the Olympics?

GreyClock

What's that Bukowski quote from Barfly: "Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." I never quite understood if he meant "crazy" metaphorically, as in going crazy, being a wild man drunk revelling in squalor, or straight up crazy, as in insane.

I was thinking about something similar. Often you hear that the insane don't know they're insane. I don't know if this is true. If it is, the problems they encounter in everyday life, because of their illness, might often be attributed to external factors. My dog/neighbor/government is out to get me... stuff like that. I briefly talked to one recently at a crosswalk. "Hello, the government is tracking me through the social security implants in my teeth." "Really? Shit..." Which, in the world of insanity, is rather trite. I wonder then, and obviously there's a lot of different kinds of crazy, but if the average, delusional person, generally speaking has a "better" time in his own warped reality (I'm talking the average nut, loon, kook, not severe schizophrenics), then the average person who operates within the commonly held, "rational" perception of reality. Now that I think about it, probably not, because the average person is probably pretty content with reality.

I wasn't sure where I was going with this when I started, but I guess that in some Freudian sense it boils down to me being bored with reality, and lacking any real sense of purpose. Not because I can't think of any, but because I don't subscribe to the concept, or rather can't commit to one because it all seems farcical. So the notion of being convinced that you have to, I don't know, grow your own green beans, chew them to a pulp, and store them in jars, or the universe will end, seems sort of appealing. Hehehe... hehe. Fart.

Discuss.

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on February 14, 2018, 03:17:30 PM
So the notion of being convinced that you have to, I don't know, grow your own green beans, chew them to a pulp, and store them in jars, or the universe will end, seems sort of appealing.
hey you don't know that that's NOT true

RobClock

I was once standing outside my local games shop, waiting for my ride, after the conclusion of my Wednesday night Pathfinder gathering and a man eating a slice of pizza walked up to me and my friends and began talking at length about how a recent shooting down in Florida was entirely a hoax perpetrated by the US military by ways of shadow government. My friend, greatly amused, egged him on for a solid five minutes before the man took his leave, walking backwards across the street still talking to us. His last words were "Queen Elizabeth on the $20 bill- what's the fuckin' deal with that?"

GreyClock

Yeah... tell me that guy isn't having a great time.

RenegadeClock

Quote from: RobClock on February 14, 2018, 05:19:44 PMHis last words were "Queen Elizabeth on the $20 bill- what's the fuckin' deal with that?"
But did he die?

RobClock

I never saw him again, so it's entirely possible that they took him out

you know, the drugs he was abusing

GreyClock

Name some movies I should watch. I've seen so much already, often multiple times, and I'm not sure in which direction to proceed. I should probably venture into some older classics. I have never seen Casablanca for instance, but ugh, I'm not really in the mood for any of that.

I watched some Kevin Smith flicks a while back. After Zack & Miri I watched some Apatow stuff. Then LotR extended, the first three Indiana Joneses. Then I watched movies like Juno, Whip It, Adventureland, Zombieland. I started watching Garden State but Zach Braff was making me physically ill and not even the promise of Natalie Portman could keep me watching. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2 are about as far as I want to go into the whole Marvel thing, so none of that.

I also watched Lost in Translation at some point, which was a decent touchstone (movie pun) for what I'm looking for. Nothing too flashy, but relatively small, interesting, people going somewhere, doing something, existing, human interaction.

Go!

RobClock

Watch The End of the Fucking World on Netflix. Its first episode is kind of try-hard edgy but its a nice coming of age story which thoroughly warmed my inebriated heart at 3am.

zl

GreyClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln on February 15, 2018, 04:21:50 PM
Check out Anomalisa
I'll check it out, I love Kaufman. Didn't hear about that movie. I'm currently watching Her.

TelephoneClock