News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on June 01, 2018, 10:14:15 PM
according to the internet that is seriously what's going on
https://twitter.com/azookara/status/1002285406174502912
incredible. he kinda reminds me of lil arturo too. I can't wait to see their explanation for murdoc getting ousted from the band. maybe he starts an angry video blog shitting on the band or something. I loved those murdoc radio bits from the plastic beach era.

Quote from: Slurpee on June 01, 2018, 10:14:15 PMJamie Hewlett is friends with Craig McCracken and they've been cross-referencing for decades, and apparently he retains the copyright to the gangrene gang because they were in his student film before the cartoon network show
this is also good to know.  they could easily drive a show all by themselves. Just have em bumming around anywhere that isn't townsville and it'll be just as great. if there was anyone he could keep I'm glad it was then.

Slurpee

Skateboarding Legend Tony Hawk skates everywhere he goes
It is his only mode of transportation

RobClock

Tony Hawk is mentally grouped in my head with like the entire cast of Jackass as ‘people from the 00s who may as well just be dead because their entire cultural impact is that of a carefree youthfulness and seeing them as sad tired washed up old men who never really grew or matured as people kills whatever warmth remains associated with their name’

Slurpee

he's 50 which means he was older than I am now when he did the 900
isn't that fucked up? I'm SO FUGGIN OLD lol how is he alive

Slurpee

I just think he's funny because he is famous for skating, that thing you do in 8th grade while listening to sum 41, and everything else he does ties back to skating
he has an incredibly successful line of video games about skating
he was in many movies and tv about skating
he appeared on rocket power, nuff said
he has a series of amusement park rides named after him, they are about skating
he was invited to the white house, to skate
he created the Tony Hawk Foundation, a multimillion dollar philanthropic organization whose goal is to help underprivileged youth, by building them skate parks

I'm not making that one up but it feels like I am
what is wrong with him why does he love skating so much

Slurpee

I think we're approaching a moment in time when tony hawk will be a post-ironic meme and his mere presence will be instant hilarity

I've been thinking about revisiting my amazing "save the abortion clinic" flash idea but smash mouth is pretty played out, maybe I'll replace them with skateboarding legend Tony Hawk

RobClock

You forgot the time he was on The Simpsons and there was this weird pseudo father relationship with Bart and it involved skateboarding

Slurpee

omg that's right

that was episode 300, like smack dab in the middle of everybody realizing simpsons had been shit for years

PhantomCatClock

he doesn't have rides anymore because his contract with activision is up

also Tony Hawk is still pretty legit. He did a 900 a couple years ago just to show someone they're not too old to start skating. He still skates (vert, no less) just isn't as crazy athletic about it any more, but he seems like a genuinely good guy who wants more people to start skateboarding

i would say if you wanted to say anyone getting older is sad it's cab, but he could get caught actually raping a hollywoodfolk and his legacy would remain untarnished

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on June 04, 2018, 11:56:12 PM
i would say if you wanted to say anyone getting older is sad it's cab, but he could get caught actually raping a hollywoodfolk and his legacy would remain untarnished
cab calloway?

I got good news and bad news

the good news is he's definitely not getting older

PhantomCatClock

herobrine caballero, inventer of the half hero

RobClock

GreyClock

pretty good one co-worker tried to sell me on the secret which is that "think about something enough and the universe will provide" horseshit...

another one told me that hugging trees is healthy because they give off positive vibrations...

so scully is appropriate

RobClock

Sounds like you work with a bunch of hippies man

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on June 08, 2018, 05:48:09 PM
Sounds like you work with a bunch of hippies man
Yeah, but not the cool ones like "Hey myaaan, remember Altamont myaaan" or "Let's smoke a doobie myaaan", but here's some boring New Age bunk: "Did you know that crystals attract the spirit of the fox to make your hair glisten or whatever..." No wait not that, because that would actually be pretty funny if someone said that to me, just trite shit. Shit like "I'm a single woman in my late thirties here's some nonsense I half-remembered from a half-watched Youtube clip... yeah I'm spiritual, check out my lazy eye."

RobClock

[u2]884chSIl1dY[/u2]

First impressions from this are infinitely higher than they were for the fallout 4 debut. Here's hoping they don't carry over the boiled down and terrible combat and leveling mechanics from that game to this one.

GreyClock

Installment XXIV of my Interacting with Morons diary:

- This is Jill.
- Hi Jill, your colleague connected me. I'm actually trying to reach Bob, is he there?
- No, I don't think so. Have you tried calling between 10:00 and 12:00?
- It is between 10:00 and 12:00 right now ma'am. Is he on vacation or something? I've been trying to reach him since last week. I also left a message and he hasn't called back either.
- That doesn't sound like him. He's always available.
- Why am I talking to you then?
- He always calls right back. I spoke to him last week, no problem. This really doesn't sound like him.

The fuck are you implying Jill? You think I'm making this shit up?

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on June 11, 2018, 06:22:39 AM
- That doesn't sound like him. He's always available.
- Why am I talking to you then?