News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

Quote from: GreyClock on March 05, 2018, 06:13:41 AM
As clocks, can we have one conversation about the perception of time?
Seriously, fuck time. Going away for a day or so to have nice time? Hang out, have dinner, drink a few beers, stay over? You leave home, take a shit, and boom you're back again putting away your toothbrush it feels like.

Maybe doing absolutely nothing for a year fucked me up, but this is horrible.

PhantomCatClock

any time some minor inconvenience happens in Atom, I quote
[u2]kZSfPPJ4Fk8[/u2]

and it's kept me from ever being genuinely mad at the program

PhantomCatClock

bb10 is constantly riling people up in the discord to unban him here and he thinks vcr actually banned him because he posted in the cemetery

vcr is the devil for that and bb10 angrily assures me he is not constantly stewing on it and has, in fact, let it go

PhantomCatClock

that concludes this year's hot goss

PhantomCatClock

so, to the faggot that did this

was that bad mouthing? search the chat for stewing and tell me what i exaggerated.

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

it's okay if you did it but otherwise consider my butt most hurt

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 25, 2018, 11:56:18 PM
bb10 is constantly riling people up in the discord to unban him here and he thinks vcr actually banned him because he posted in the cemetery

vcr is the devil for that and bb10 angrily assures me he is not constantly stewing on it and has, in fact, let it go
I actually banned bb10 for posting in the cemetery he should have known better. Actual VCRClock quote.

good thing he let it go, because if he was still obsessing on a regular basis about being unbanned from the clock crew forums, I'd think he was as unstable as some people were making him out to be and probably not someone to welcome back into our friendly and respectful community
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

Quote from: VCRClock on July 28, 2018, 01:39:40 PM
good thing he let it go, because if he was still obsessing on a regular basis about being unbanned from the clock crew forums, I'd think he was as unstable as some people were making him out to be and probably not someone to welcome back into our friendly and respectful community
haha

RobClock

VCR clock of the year every year

Hi bb10 I know you’ll read this
[u2]Im0i7JDJ-cI[/u2]

PhantomCatClock

My PM box on Discord was exploded but I can't post it here because he called me out saying I would like a (billiard)baller

props beebs props

some big boy advice for ufo or bluestone or whoever to pass on to him, though: you don't need to defend yourself from everything

especially when it wasn't shittalking, you fucking rube

anyway I guess we did end on good terms, but my usual JUST AGREE UNTIL IT'S OVER didn't work so I had to speak my terrible mind and (hopefully) we're even less on speaking terms and he'll try some of that honor and pride he's always talking about and actually stop whining about the forums like he told me he would. Giving 3:1 CCs only

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: VCRClock on July 28, 2018, 01:39:40 PM
I actually banned bb10 for posting in the cemetery he should have known better. Actual VCRClock quote.

you are the devil i cant believe i trusted you

RobClock

Clockradio left a lovely review on my clock day joint from last year

It warms the heart to get such a nice message from a talent you respect and admire, especially given how long he’s been absent from the community.

NintendrCkolc

Saw dat new mission impossible today. I liked it.

PhantomCatClock

I don't remember who, but someone here said they recently 100%ed BotW and it made me pick it up again

I've been whittling away at it and having a ton of fun discovering things everywhere, I was filling up my max inventory slots too and figured I had to have been close to all the korok seeds

i have almost 200

there are 900

so yeah maybe not going to 100% it but finding the dungeons and the tree friends is fun

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

that was probably me. yeah don't worry too much about getting all the koroks. after 400-500 of them you max out your inventory anyways. you dont get a real reward for it or anything. do try to find all the shrines though, they're most of the dungeoning the game has.

PirateClock

Quote from: GreyClock on July 25, 2018, 02:41:38 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on March 05, 2018, 06:13:41 AM
As clocks, can we have one conversation about the perception of time?
Seriously, fuck time. Going away for a day or so to have nice time? Hang out, have dinner, drink a few beers, stay over? You leave home, take a shit, and boom you're back again putting away your toothbrush it feels like.

Maybe doing absolutely nothing for a year fucked me up, but this is horrible.

Yeah apparently it gets worse and worse as you grow older, considering an hour wil mean less and less relative to all the hours you already had.  Stuff that hapend last november feels like yesterday for some reason.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

Slurpee

I think people have cooled a lot on Bioshock Infinite since its release, other than the hardcore fans, and personally I wasn't even particularly smitten on my initial playthroughâ€" a couple of distractingly linear moments always stuck in my craw for their pretensions toward emergence, and the vague, equivocating allegories at the center of Columbia and all the multiverse stuff were, at best, half-baked and unclearâ€" but I've been thinking a lot about Songbird recently.
Songbird was pretty great.

starting from the fact that it's a badass, gigantic, shrieking, biomechanical nightmare beast that swoops around at terrifying speeds destroying shit, it's a fairly unique antagonist because it pursues you throughout the game, like Nemesis, Phanto, Sinistar etc., but it's also non-sentient, running on instinct, like your Collosi, that shade in Emil's library in Nier, and, well, Big Daddies. it's, counterintuitively, a passive agent. it's only chasing you because You're A Kidnapper and all it wants is for you to Please Stop Kidnapping. it's basically a Big Daddy in constant, 24/7 freakout mode because you took its little sister and it can't fucking catch you aaaaaaaaa. sure, your ostensible kidnapping victim doesn't view it that way, but it's an animalâ€" the fact that it can't differentiate complex intentions and just wants to protect Elizabeth makes it not unlike a dog or any other companion animal similarly incapable.
so Songbird effectively joining you for the big climactic fight on the dirigible isn't just a fuck yeah moment, like Gordon Freeman raiding Nova Prospek with an army of antlions, it's a logical extension of its nature, like the T-Rex showing up at the end of Jurassic Park, or the meth fiend making a late game face-turn at the end of the newest Purge movie did you guys see that shit? my friend Keith totally called it. if not, sorry, for spoiling the newest Purge movie in this post about a completely unrelated video game

the scene where Elizabeth ultimately drowns Songbird is played so somber and remorseful that it's almost heart-wrenching. it just wanted to protect her, and it was incapable of understanding what it was doing wrong and what or why it had come to this moment of a terrible, frightening death. but, seeing Elizabeth in its last moment of life, it stops struggling, and there's just a tiny little moment of peace. I could see some players being upset that you don't, personally, as the player character, get to be the one to take out the biggest, baddest antagonist, but I'd wager not many of them. it flies in the face of some traditional ludonarrative assumptions (I think Tim Schaffer said something to the effect of, "resist the temptation to give your cool pet NPC's the hero moments and snappy one-liners. nobody's fantasy is to be in the room when somebody else does something cool"), but it works because it's clear that it's just not your moment. it's Elizabeth's. you're a part of a larger story, and, as in life, some things just aren't for you to do

in a game full of distractingly inorganic moments, and nonsensical, masturbatory faux-profoundity ("there's always a lighthouse" wow yes you made two games and they both started at a lighthouse jesus christ how deep) Songbird's arc was a linear experience done right. it doesn't bottlefeed you precooked serendipity pressed from a mold. it's honest. it's just a tragedy (in the literary sense of the word) playing out to its logical closure. it doesn't try to hoodwink you into thinking it's about more than it is, and because of that, it says more than any of the strained attempts at allegory ever manage

RobClock