News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

CONGRATULATIONS

totally forgot about RE7 . Is gold edition dlc worth it or should I just buy it as cheap as possible? I need  a decent survival horror to forget the raw blandness of dead space 2. I spent years of assuming it was the aliens to ds1's alien but it turns out to be a super short linear shooter with almost no plot. what's there isn't even good, even the logs you find suck now. and the action is all the same, theres barely even new enemy types, you just go into a closed off room, fight the same guys from the first one over and over except it's easier now, and then you walk down another corridor to the next alien room. rinse wash repeat. there weren't even bosses just larger enemy waves. it's like the board of directors wrote and designed the game instead of the actual studio. it felt like more like a half hearted dlc to the first game than a sequel. at least I only paid three bucks for it. the very beginning and the last bit of the game were fun at least. I liked the parts where you can see the city too. even if it never really felt like I was "in" the city. and of course it's still mechanically sound being the same engine. but the rest is all filler.

still working through hollow knight before I get into RE7 though. god damn the bosses in this game are tougher than I expected. especially all the optional ones. it's fun and atmospheric as all hell and the boss fights are really well done but it's surprising. I haven't needed this much skill in a metroid game since cave story.

Slurpee

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on September 06, 2018, 05:49:29 PM
totally forgot about RE7 . Is gold edition dlc worth it or should I just buy it as cheap as possible?

mixed bag, but I think I recommend it

a lot of them are interesting, novel spins on the existing gameplay

Bedroom is a tense escape-the-room scenario that draws inspiration from Misery. fun, intuitive, not a lot of replay value

Nightmare is a bit like "mercenaries mode" but with a currency production and crafting system for weapons. goal is survival. enemies come in I think 5 waves? has cumulative rewards that add new stuff to the crafting system, and a hard mode to keep things interesting

Ethan Must Die is a nightmarish reinterpretation of part of the main game that ramps the difficulty up to absurd levels, removes saving, and randomizes item locations (sometimes the items are not there at all, sometimes they have been replaced with explosive decoys). but it doesn't randomize the route or enemy spawns, making it just fair enough to taunt you into trying again. extremely powerful "just one more game" syndrome

Jack's 55th Birthday Party is... a combat-oriented, resource retrieving time-attack challenge with cooking sim elements? goofy fun. nothing is randomized, encouraging thoughtful route-making, inventory management, and mastery-through-repetition (though significantly less rough in this respect than Ethan Must Die)

21 is a blackjack game with an interesting power-up system. funny. nice distraction. AI only feels cheap some of the time, which is pretty good for a card minigame

the rest of them, the really meaty ones, fill out the story from the main game

Not a Hero is ok, but probably could have been better designed. there's a lot of places where it just isn't really clear what the way forward is, and you can end up dying just from sheer force of confusion, which never happens in the main game. doesn't help that you play as chris redfield. snore. has saves and a hard mode. adds a handful of nifty gameplay concepts. feels like a proper, if flawed, extension of the main game

Daughters is pretty bad, which is a shame. it starts out interesting, but gets schlocky really fast, in a way that doesn't even really seem to make sense with the story. very narrow avenue of progression, finicky/unintuitive fail states, and doesn't reward exploration, instead having one specific sequence of flags to get the "good" ending (which you're very unlikely to find unless you look them up)

End of Zoe is extremely good. you play as a tough old dude who loves punching things and it has unexpectedly solid first person melee combat, and basically three additional levels of challenge to test your mettle. satisfyingly ties up the last loose thread from the main game

GreyClock

Do me a personal favor and watch the movie Ex-Drummer. It's a Belgian flick with heavy Flemish accents, but there should be English subtitles available. It would be interesting to hear some foreign opinions on it.

Slurpee

Slurpee

I came here because I remembered I saw Searching the other day and I wanted to say it was good
like, annoyingly good
way better than it has any right to be
I can barely even believe my memory of how good this movie where you stare at a goddamn computer screen for two hours was, except my friend and I talked about how shockingly, upsettingly good it was for like half an hour afterward

go see Searching

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

those movies go on my endless to-watch list. maybe I'll get to them this year. maybe. RE7 gold edition sounds worth it though, I'll check it out. gonna burn through that, alien isolation, and ss2 come october at the very least.

RobClock

Doom 4 is available for 8 USD right now and if you haven’t played it, you should
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/doom

RobClock

Pretty boring evening at work and I keep checking the forum like every five minutes as if it’s suddenly going to blow up with new posts

I miss the old days of like a dozen people online at any given time

RobClock

I love all you currently active clocks don’t get me wrong, if i had to choose between saving the life of a close family member or saving this board I’d have to think it over pretty hard

RobClock

Four hours into this shift and I’ve cleaned all of five rooms. I just want to go home, and what makes it worse is that I’m off at 11pm and have to be back again at 7am tomorrow morning.

RobClock

RobClock

This has been my livejournal update, thank you

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on September 09, 2018, 04:56:05 PM
I’m off at 11pm and have to be back again at 7am tomorrow morning.
ugh. condolences.

there's no fucking excuse for that type of shit
it should be illegal and punishable by being pooped on

RobClock

What’s more, as the schedule is now Thursday I’m working 4-12, with Friday’s shift being 7-3. Union says they’re not allowed to do that and like fuck man cut me a break, so I brought it up to management and they’re supposed to change it. Things being as they are I half suspect to get shafted with an ER back shift Friday night as punishment for opening my big fat mouth.

We’ll see I gusss

PhantomCatClock

sorry, I was on but I was playing WoW

another reason for you to hate the current direction of the patches

zl

Rob last night I tried to think of a post to give you some nice forum content but I couldn't think of anything worth saying. So I went hunting for internet stuff to share and failed to find even one worthwhile thing. It made me rethink how much time I spend on Reddit, realizing that 99% of what I see there isn't worth even a casual mention on a dead forum.

Anyway here's an illustration of Slurpee's post

RobClock

Quote from: zl on September 10, 2018, 07:19:13 AM
Anyway here's an illustration of Slurpee's post

I’ll take a 24”x36” print of that pls

zl

Quote from: RobClock on September 10, 2018, 07:41:50 AM
I’ll take a 24”x36” print of that pls

Sorry I just have the one size

VCRClock

Quote from: zl on September 10, 2018, 07:58:50 AM
Sorry I just have the one size

how much is shipping from pyongyang
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew