News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendrCkolc

RobClock

Lay off the corn beef and cabbage

RenegadeClock

Quote from: RobClock on November 30, 2018, 01:36:06 PM
Dear Livejournal
Sorry for your loss, dude. My friend's mom went through some colon cancer shit for the past few months and just passed away. The worst part though was that it would have been totally treatable but she was afraid to go to the doctor early on.

Quote from: RobClock on December 03, 2018, 01:05:59 PM
Lay off the corn beef and cabbage
Blasphemy.

Quote from: KarkasmolenKlok on December 03, 2018, 05:03:25 PM
Well...glad about the girl part
That's the worst part. His Uncle died and now some woman is gonna break his heart. Next thing you know his truck is gonna wreck and his dog gonna run away.

Slurpee

I posted this 6 years ago and it popped up in my facebook memories and it's kind of blowing my mind

Slurpee

any of you guys AJJ fans?

I've been listening to Knife Man and I like it a lot and I'd like a recommendation on where to go from there

like if we were talking Wu-Tang and I said "36 Chambers" you might say "Liquid Swords" and then explain that Wu-Tang clan members' solo albums were basically Wu-Tang albums
or if we were talking Bowie and I said "Ziggy Stardust" you might say "Aladdin Sane" and you'd be wrong the answer is "Young Americans"
like that

just throwin it out there

Slurpee

idk if the music I listen to could make anybody less out of touch

Slurpee

uh yeah AJJ though idk issa band
it used to stand for "Andrew Jackson Jihad" but now it doesn't stand for anything because that name was kind of messed up and they came up with it assuming they weren't going to succeed anyway

I think their genre is "folk punk" and that sounds kind of douchey but I can see why it would apply. it's messy like punk and sometimes like getting punched in the face but in a good way like punk but it's also kind of a weird contemplative fable
I got recommended them because I listen to the Mountain Goats so maybe if you like the Mountain Goats they're like that?
I'm so bad at talking about music lol

I downloaded Knife Man because it had a scary coyote thing in a business suit on the cover
I listened to it without really thinking much of it. you know how it kind of takes a while to "get" an album? and I just don't always want to put in the effort anymore

but I liked the lyrics "I hate whiny fucking songs like this / but I can't afford a therapist / sorry guys / here's a solo" and "who fucking give a rat's ass steve / just write a love song" enough to warrant a relisten and there's a couple songs about homelessness and how everything you can do to try to help feels like an empty gesture and how that's just sort of a huge bummer and the album in general is just about this dude slowly losing his battle with becoming a shittier person

GreyClock

I only listened to like five seconds but I would describe it as sorta bland indie folk with kinda funny lyrics?

I'm also bad at talking about music, I can't explain why I dislike this type of sound. The music itself sounds far away, muted (both literally and figuratively), the singer sounds lazy and (intentionally) bad, like I get it, you're being ironic or whatever...

I want the music I listen to, to kick me in the fucking teeth.

[u2]I625zPMQ4r4[/u2]

I would describe this song in one word as: gleaming (:rolleyes:)

Although here parts of the singing also sound kinda ironic with that affected voice in the verse... IT'S NOT A SCIENCE?

So no, I don't have any suggestions I guess.

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on December 06, 2018, 05:33:27 AM
I only listened to like five seconds but I would describe it as sorta bland indie folk with kinda funny lyrics?

how dare u

Quote from: GreyClock on December 06, 2018, 05:33:27 AM
I'm also bad at talking about music, I can't explain why I dislike this type of sound. The music itself sounds far away, muted (both literally and figuratively), the singer sounds lazy and (intentionally) bad, like I get it, you're being ironic or whatever...
see to me it’s like
he sounds like shit because he can’t sing good but he’s singing anyway
and it’s not that protective veil of irony like “haha get it because I’m so bad”
he just sounds wounded and I dig that
Quote from: GreyClock on December 06, 2018, 05:33:27 AM.
So no, I don't have any suggestions I guess.
thanks anyway though

RobClock

if i may be as so bold to recommend a band; The Stanfields are a folk rock group from Nova Scotia which I am particularly fond of. Here's a selection of their shit if you are inclined to give them a shot
[u2]4Z_EeCoA3C0[/u2]
[u2]mmLlZSzuTwI[/u2]
[u2]NQ-vzmHcOIk[/u2]
[u2]qoilrIL6XYk[/u2]
[u2]b1tJflq5ygA[/u2]
[u2]VeQgISaI4xU[/u2]
[u2]gyjk8LxV5qg[/u2]

They haven't got their last two albums uploaded to youtube so I can't really show you the best songs off those two. I was these guys live back in August and it was an incredible show.

GreyClock

NintendrCkolc

You guys won't believe this but literally just now I farted.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I'm giving Knife man a listen right now. First two songs are good. Third song is okay but hes just rambling about straight white men lol. Twitter the song. Musically fine though. On the fifth one now, best one so far I can see why you like it.  He does sorta sing like Mountain Goats but not as well. But the roughness of it makes it endearing, and he's not outright bad or anything. I like it. Closest thing I listen to besides mountain goats that's sorta like this is Superchunk I think.

[u2]82h8I9LeR9E[/u2]

[u2]vAx6_1ZOlcY[/u2]

the format is kinda similar but without the punk element. if you listen to fun you probably already heard both their albums, the first one doesnt have the self deprecating element to it either.

Slurpee

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on December 06, 2018, 06:56:15 PM
Third song is okay but hes just rambling about straight white men lol. Twitter the song.
haha oh right uh

yeah, it's one of those
sorry, for everybody's that's sick of hearing that kind of thing, I didn't realize I was recommending an album when I started this conversation?

but in the context of the rest of the album it's kind of like... la bohème? that's something that I think kind of gets missed in the larger internet discourse about "privilege"- it doesn't necessarily feel good to have it

e: uh pretend I didn't say la bohème. idky I said that

Slurpee

also sorry I'm not ignoring everybody's music recommendations I'm just on the bus rn and I'm not trying to use my data

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I thought we moved on to jean shorts worn over sweat pants

GreyClock

Prince Albert.

So... I've been working in customer service for about a year now and I've yet to be yelled at/abused verbally. I take a shit-ton of calls each day, some of them from very disappointed/frustrated people and it hasn't happened once. My co-workers, on the other hand, seem to be dealing with this on a daily basis.

This one dude was calling for four days straight about some bill he refused to pay. He got angry at co-workers, called them names. After four days I get the call and I calmly explain what's what and he's like: "Oh I see, I guess I'll pay... Thanks for explaining, bye!"

???

patriotclock

Quote from: GreyClock on December 07, 2018, 04:19:40 PM
Prince Albert.

So... I've been working in customer service for about a year now and I've yet to be yelled at/abused verbally. I take a shit-ton of calls each day, some of them from very disappointed/frustrated people and it hasn't happened once. My co-workers, on the other hand, seem to be dealing with this on a daily basis.

This one dude was calling for four days straight about some bill he refused to pay. He got angry at co-workers, called them names. After four days I get the call and I calmly explain what's what and he's like: "Oh I see, I guess I'll pay... Thanks for explaining, bye!"

???

i’d legitimately rather blow my brains out than go work at a call center again. even just waiting for a call sucked, let alone taking the call. bless u

GreyClock

Quote from: PatriotClock on December 09, 2018, 12:45:29 AMi’d legitimately rather blow my brains out than go work at a call center again. even just waiting for a call sucked, let alone taking the call. bless u
It's a stopgap, but it ain't so bad. There's a quite a bit of variety and we're allowed to Netflix or whatever between calls. Also my talk is very much good now.

Did you get yelled at a lot? Just yesterday I heard a customer explode at a co-worker (through a headset) from like four desks over: "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CUNT!" It's no wonder if you listen to the tone of some of my co-workers. Some of the guys do a smarmy telemarketing type voice "Hey hello there sirrrrr, how can I help YOU on this fine day?" "I totally get what you're saying SIR, but allow me to just interrupt you real quick..." Which seems to rub a lot of male callers the wrong way. "Let me finish you little douchebag!" Some of the women seem to mirror the energy of the callers almost instantly, the voice goes up, the speed goes up, and they escalate each other from there.

The worst I've had is "Can I just say, and I know it's not your fault sir, but the company you work for sucks!" "Yeah, well..."

patriotclock

Quote from: GreyClock on December 09, 2018, 06:54:30 AM
Quote from: PatriotClock on December 09, 2018, 12:45:29 AMi’d legitimately rather blow my brains out than go work at a call center again. even just waiting for a call sucked, let alone taking the call. bless u
It's a stopgap, but it ain't so bad. There's a quite a bit of variety and we're allowed to Netflix or whatever between calls. Also my talk is very much good now.

Did you get yelled at a lot? Just yesterday I heard a customer explode at a co-worker (through a headset) from like four desks over: "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU CUNT!" It's no wonder if you listen to the tone of some of my co-workers. Some of the guys do a smarmy telemarketing type voice "Hey hello there sirrrrr, how can I help YOU on this fine day?" "I totally get what you're saying SIR, but allow me to just interrupt you real quick..." Which seems to rub a lot of male callers the wrong way. "Let me finish you little douchebag!" Some of the women seem to mirror the energy of the callers almost instantly, the voice goes up, the speed goes up, and they escalate each other from there.

The worst I've had is "Can I just say, and I know it's not your fault sir, but the company you work for sucks!" "Yeah, well..."

nah not too often, one time an old man called shrieking like a banshee demanding a supervisor for something I could’ve explained to him easily. we had all these protocols like we have to try to help them before just transferring them, so I tried to calm him down  but this guy was barely speaking English. sounded like a snarling dog tbh. other than that one guy I didn’t get too much heat, I’ve seen other people cry and just walk out tho which I thought was p dramatic of them. a lot of the people we hired were trash though, they were nice just not reliable or intelligent. having a college degree when I got hired immediately set me above almost all of them. honestly it seemed like a lot of the people who worked there just worked there since they didn’t drug test. the dude I shared space with would go home and get high everyday and then come back for the afternoon and either no one noticed or cared. I worked there for like a year and a half and by the end of it I was one of the longest tenured people and they had me going to management and leadership classes since they wanted to make me a manager. i couldn’t get out of that place fast enough