News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

KarkasmolenKlok

There's gotta be some kind of metric for how mutilated literature has ever been by its corresponding video game.
Quote from: Slurpee on December 11, 2018, 12:48:14 AM
no soap on earth can cleanse you of us fewel

VCRClock

I'm still not up to the part with the giant scythe yet
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

Quote from: KarkasmolenKlok on December 15, 2018, 04:16:15 PM
There's gotta be some kind of metric for how mutilated literature has ever been by its corresponding video game.

lots of controversy between advocates of the Oxford Video Game Adaptation-Decay Index (OVGADI) vs. advocates of UC Davis's Five-Factor Mean Medium Margin (F2M3)

KarkasmolenKlok

Ya mix books and games and you get Myst. You want Myst? Go play Myst right now, just you do it. Enjoy that slow train to nowhere.

zl

Quote from: KarkasmolenKlok on December 16, 2018, 03:57:33 AM
Ya mix books and games and you get Myst. You want Myst? Go play Myst right now, just you do it. Enjoy that slow train to nowhere.

i like myst

edit: except for the mazey bits, which, to be fair, make up a lot of the game

KarkasmolenKlok

Quote from: zl on December 16, 2018, 09:27:05 AM
Quote from: KarkasmolenKlok on December 16, 2018, 03:57:33 AM

i like myst

edit: except for the mazey bits, which, to be fair, make up a lot of the game
yeah especially the one with the underground rail system in the dark.

On the other hand I'm watching Castlevania right now, which is turning out to be pretty good, making a surprisingly good transition from book -> video game -> TV show

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

oh man I forgot about that show. I think I've got it on my hard drive somewhere I need to watch that. I remember the creator of the show saying something about being inspired by what to do and what not to do by the old and new berserk series. that caught my interest.

speaking of video game adaptions anyone see sonic the hedgehog's freaky human musculature? I always think of uncanny valley as a face thing but it applies to the rest of the body too.

KarkasmolenKlok

I never watched Berserk, what were the flaws they wanted to correct?

God I could fix Bleach, it'd take a hammer and a flamethrower and emergency breast-reduction surgery, but I could do it dammit

VCRClock

hey this isn't meant to be nostalgia but

what the fuck was America collectively smoking in the 90s
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: KarkasmolenKlok on December 16, 2018, 10:47:42 PM

God I could fix Bleach, it'd take a hammer and a flamethrower and emergency breast-reduction surgery, but I could do it dammit
it's hard to pin one down. the entire 2016/17 series was a dumpster fire. and the dumpster was exclusively filled with dynamite, used syringes, dirty diapers, and terrible cgi. it's badly directed, badly animated, they fucked up on sound effects completely, they got the music placement wrong even though they had plenty to work with, I could go on. they literally have guts walking like a south park character at one point.

the old show was under budget but so well directed you didn't notice so much, and what was there was drawn well, if less detailed than the source material. but it cuts out bits of the story to make sure it stays as one single season, and it would have been difficult to continue it. the movies had their own problems, the first one especially, but they work well when cut together with bits from the old show. it's called "berserk redux" and currently it's about as close as you can get to a full adaption of the material it covers. The comics are immaculate but a lot of people just HAVE to see this stuff in motion. I can respect that, but  I really enjoy reading a well drawn comic. or at least well paneled and designed and competently drawn.

also have you seen this video on bleach? it kinda puts things in perspective for me as an outsider. I only read the series up till they get to the soul society and I kinda fell out of it.

NintendrCkolc

The ending of the original Beserk anime is by far one of the most fucked endings i've ever seen but I love it for that reason.

Also I farted while watching it a few times.

RobClock

You farted multiple times during a single viewing, or farted during multiple viewings?

NintendrCkolc

Slurpee

bruce… (*´∀`*)
I w... I would love to live with u in ur castle… 4ever, just like in a fairy tale x////x;

i JUST COULD'NT LIVE WITH MYSELF (ノ`Д´)ノ.:・┻┻)
SO DON'T PRETEND THIS IS A HAPPY ENDING

Slurpee

... Selina? >:|

Selena Kyle! >:D
UR fired! >:]

& Bruce Wayne… y ru dressed up like Batman >:?

Slurpee

sHiT
i PiCked a cUtE oNe... >.<

...hEAt's GeTtin' 2 me. -o-
i'Ll mUrDeR u MoMeNtARilY... -_O

bUt 1sT... I NeEd a CoOl DrInK... oF iCe... WaTer x_o

x_x

RobClock

Gotham has its moments but on the whole the show is average at best

KarkasmolenKlok

Well as a manga-eatin' hard fightin' red-blooded nerd elitist, I may just have to read that manga and not trouble myself with no anime.

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on December 17, 2018, 04:16:32 AM
Quote from: KarkasmolenKlok on December 16, 2018, 10:47:42 PM

also have you seen this video on bleach? it kinda puts things in perspective for me as an outsider. I only read the series up till they get to the soul society and I kinda fell out of it.
This video is pretty on-point about a lot of it. I didn't know about all the producer problems.

If you were to read the Soul Society arc and get to the end of it, it ends on a biiiiiig set up that gets you really pumped...and then is disappointment city from then onward. Any interesting mechanics or rules or aspects of the world and story are dealt with hamfistedly and half-assedly if they're not just outright forgotten about or even totally negated. For every cool thing that comes out, there's a mountain of eye-roll.

And boobs, the same stupid preposterously large anime boobs, over and over. Now I know why: desperate bid to climb the rankings and stay afloat.

It had a lot of problems besides. It had the DBZ power level problem where they superpower stuff but then have to manufacture conflict and catch everything up to produce the same sort of fight over and over without it going full Gurren Lagann, the result being digging a hole just to fill it right back in.

I had to laugh when it showed the ratings over time at just what a stone cold juggernaut One Piece is by comparison. You could say it's the complex and real interactions with the world having actual interesting effects, or the ability to swing effortlessly between totally goofy and Last King of Scotland, or the amazingly well-maintained pacing in its epic endless slog towards the climax...but in light of the video you showed me, I'm just going to chalk the whole thing up to drawing backgrounds.