News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

ok

ok I'm good
but wow
holy shit
that was not a part of my nostalgia that was ever supposed to get tapped again
nobody is supposed to give a shit about these characters
especially not THESE VERSIONS of these characters
the Titans versions, sure, the greg weisman versions, sure, but this is like....

like Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill returning for the Arkham games, right? except instead of being something that everybody already loved and agreed was amazing, these were fourth generation legacy characters from a children's comic series in the late 90's and early 2000's on a book written by a guy who'd been exiled from the company. they were detritus that got scraped off the table to make room for their dead grandparents getting movies and tv shows made about them. they were GONE. it's like I was a fan of, not Battlestar Galactica, not the Battlestar Galactica remake, but Galactica 1980. AND THEY'RE JUST BACK. I JUST RANDOMLY STUMBLE OVER THEM ON GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH

I HATE THIS
I HATE FEELING THINGS
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

PhantomCatClock

If you don't want to evolve, press B before the music ends

RobClock

Quote from: Slurpee on March 09, 2019, 03:13:38 AM
I'm screaming

these are my favorite superheroes
it's complicated but they've been gone for 15 years

Fucking Bendis Jesus h Christ that first panel is almost literally a meme of what a horrible writer he is. So glad that he split up Clark and Lois’ happy married life and prematurely aged Jon from a child to a teenage Superboy just so he could bring back the old teenage Superboy

What a trainwreck.

Sorry slurpee

Slurpee

"Bendis."
"Bendis?"
"Yeah, Bendis."
"Huh."
"Yeah."
"Brian Michael Bendis?"
"Right."
"The comic wri-"
"Comic writer, yeah."
"Huh."
"I know."

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

does he actually write all of his dialogue like that? It's fine to have a few panels of conversation run like that when it's appropriate. emotion making you trip up your words and trip up the guy you're talking to. but an entire story written like that would be a slog to read.

also all game consoles should have walnut why did we stop doing that after the 80s?

Slurpee

he actually used to be a lot more egregious about it

it gets more readable when you realize that what he's doing is writing the way people actually talk
most writers cut through the "uh"s, and "like"s, and searching for words, and talking over each other, and making sure they heard correctly, and interrupting themselves midthought, and just write what people mean when they talk to each other

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

it actually did get easier to read halfway through. it's still kind of a slog but it's definitely realistic. I can't really fault him for it.

PhantomCatClock

I can but I'm a hypocrite

GreyClock

Been watching Arrested Development for the fiftieth time and I always thought "Abraham Higginbotham" was a really gay name. He's often mentioned in the credits as a writer. I looked it up and it's actually a gay dude. Is that racist? Also I learned that he portrays the poof.

GreyClock

You've got a nice mouth.

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on March 09, 2019, 07:30:30 PM
Been watching Arrested Development for the fiftieth time and I always thought "Abraham Higginbotham" was a really gay name. He's often mentioned in the credits as a writer. I looked it up and it's actually a gay dude. Is that racist? Also I learned that he portrays the poof.
I don't think it's racist. it might be nominatively deterministic

Slurpee

"poof" is a slur but a hilarious one that only works if you're british
to an american you might as well be saying like "Constable Button-Britches"
like I know it's vulgar you mean to offend but why are you doing it so whimsically

Slurpee

I'm using the general "you" not referring to anybody specifically

Slurpee

my friend is like half English and spent some of his childhood there and we were talking about how prisoners get teardrop tattoos if they killed someone and he was saying in England they get a tattoo of a castle on their chest and for every person they kill they add a tower and I was like that's the gayest fucking thing I've ever heard and he's like what no it's awesome and I'm like wrong, idiot, castles are not cool they're delightful

Slurpee

enormous terrifying british guy with a thick cockney accent: oy wot we got here, lads? issa fiddly-dee flower fop, eh?
me: hahahahahahaha
enormous terrifying british guy:*murdering me*
me: [last words] this fucking guy said "flower fop"

PhantomCatClock

pooftah? oi ardly know ah!

🦇

this computer has SHIT for emojis all i wanted was the australian flag

it does have the bat, at least, which my phone does not, so good on it

RobClock

RobClock

A RobClock from work the other night

PhantomCatClock