News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

or maybe you already spade
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

he's spade already, yes

RobClock

Quote from: Slurpee on March 14, 2019, 12:35:01 PM
Quote from: RobClock on March 14, 2019, 10:46:46 AM
On the new bonus episode of The Dick Show, Dick talks about and shows off a cartoon that he and Maddox sold to Fox Animation back in 2010 that didn’t get picked up. It’s one of those fascinating looks behind the curtain in actual TV production but what astonished me is that they paid the studio 25 grand (for approximately 6 minutes) and how fuckin shitty the cartoon looks. Obviously done in Flash, pencil tool drawings, tweened movements, stilted character poses, lifeless backdrops- seriously looked like the low effort production of any given teenage Newgrounds cartoonist. Even more shocking is Dick saying that the quote for a full episode was $80,000. This is a proper, well known and acclaimed studio, and from what I’ve seen of their other work, frankly kind of a little embarrassing. Maybe they had the inkling that the project wasn’t getting off the ground so they half assed it? Either way I was floored how little you get for your money on the professional level.
sounds like a hell of a racket for the animators tbh

look at this shit https://imgur.com/a/eiMsoHi

$25,000

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

it's got this mediocre 00s webcomic aesthetic mixed with off brand hanna barbera. reminds me of that godawful ctrlaltdel cartoon but more angular. I bet it cost just as much.

PhantomCatClock

For $25,000 I'd hope for more than one frame of animation

RenegadeClock

Quote from: RobClock on March 15, 2019, 12:16:24 PM
$25,000

I would bet that a lot of that goes into the pre-production work. Character design, storyboards, bureaucratic paperwork, starbucks runs, etc. $25k is really a drop in the bucket for a big studio anyway.

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

RobClock

PhantomCatClock

won a pack at my first paper Magic tournament :cool: am i cool enough to join clock crew yet

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on March 16, 2019, 12:07:02 AM
won a pack at my first paper Magic tournament :cool: am i cool enough to join clock crew yet

RobClock

Happy saint Patrick’s day, I hope you all had a night as good as I did

RobClock

[u2]1oY5LfXr_xk[/u2]

Dare to dream, my friends

RobClock

Never mind, the email was confirmed to be fake. https://twitter.com/ValveNewsNetwor/status/1107801123770036225

In other news Gearbox Shovelwear teases either Bulletstorm or Duke, or possibly both
https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1107710798946799617?s=20

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

the guy who wrote half life is gone anyways, if it did come back it wouldn't be the true conclusion to the story. even if it played well. you can't have a writer do a whole saga and then just not involve them for the finale. also if it does come out it's gonna be a shared world looter shooter.

PhantomCatClock

If Valve did promise a deadline, I'd be worried about it being awful. Right now, the fact that it's taking forever and they have a history of delaying/outright scrapping things that they don't think are great is pretty reassuring. We hear about insanely long Valve lulls but YOU BEST START BELIEVING IN GHOST STORIES, WE'RE IN ONE

Slurpee

[u2]IWm03wYBTbM[/u2]

I'm pretty sure we still need half-life 2 episode 3 before we get to half-life 3, which at this point seems like a problem because I can't even imagine how awkward that would be. it'd be like releasing dlc for vampire the masquerade bloodlines

personally I'm still not convinced that there's anything left of valve but a broom closet they mail steam profits to
I just wish one of the people who used to work there would tell us what the fuck "the f-stop mechanic" was going to be

PhantomCatClock

F-Stops were the kiosks at Blockbuster where you could take your Pokémon Snap cartridges in to print stickers

RobClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on March 18, 2019, 09:00:25 PM
the guy who wrote half life is gone anyways, if it did come back it wouldn't be the true conclusion to the story. even if it played well. you can't have a writer do a whole saga and then just not involve them for the finale. also if it does come out it's gonna be a shared world looter shooter.

If Episode 3 came out and it was just Laidlaw’s Epistle 3 blogpost I’d be more than content

RobClock

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

PhantomCatClock

Previously third world countries will have great VPN industries and enter the map via tech routing