News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

being set in some sort of realistic world never really felt like an issue with sonic adventure. the story is kinda corny but that's about it. and it's earnestly so, like a big dumb fun anime. the world is more of a set piece for sonic to save and fight robotnik in than anything. it never felt weird or out of place. it never felt outright terrible or cynical like this trailer does. I think it wants to be a big dumb fun action comedy but it just isn't good at it. there was a lot of genuine creativity and heart put into the SA games and they outright reveled in the cornyness in SA2. The gameplay had some quirks common to 3d gameplay at the time but they were trying so many new things to make it their big fuck you game for the then next generation that I could forgive six separate gameplay styles not being perfect. sonic heroes got rid of the kinks but also the character and creativity, I fell out of the 3D games after that.

I think for the most part people just dislike SA1 and 2 because other people told them to. not implying that's the case with anyone here, it's just what I tend to see in most parts. you watch some guy play emerald coast badly and fall off shit and die alot, then hear some other guy bitch about it, and then you see some awful fanart and think "wow this must fucking suck". a lot of first party dreamcast games were creative but imperfect, it's hard to get people to play them even if they have a good reputation, but only sonic really got this kind of treatment. at the time people tended to like sonic adventure. hell if you look at forum topics before sonic 06 came out people were actually hyped about that. people just forgot what the public opinion was on sonic before 06 because of how drastically it fucked the franchise. and apparently egoraptor hates the adventure games so a lot of people just copy whatever his opinions are on things. shit, I don't hate zelda just because yahtzee hates it and I love zero punctuation.

anyways the best sonic game is sonic rush 1 cause it has the jet set radio guy doing the music.

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 30, 2019, 02:42:27 PM
i know "mobius" is thrown around in the Archie comics, but
little known fact: earth is not archie's home planet

Quote from: Slurpee on April 30, 2019, 09:40:46 PM
so back in the day sega of america and sega of japan had two different takes on sonic

america put him on an earth-like planet called mobius that was inhabited by other critters like him- tails, "uncle chuck", a texan rabbot, some kind of effete french aristocrat, and a chipmunk but like a sexy chipmunk that would cause a lot of people some psychological problems down the line, etc

I'd really like to understand the minds of people who are like, "uhhh i'm writing a children's show ok, fucken, makeout city"
[u2]k7NC5n2-HB0[/u2]

"yeah as long as tails is there to be the onscreen avatar for their level of emotional development the kids'll be ok"

somewhere out there, there's a ytp I can't fucking find that uses this scene (10:15) from the sonic saturday morning cartoon:
[u2]fOcpVqTYP8k?t=10m14s[/u2]

as I drive to work every day, I pass through an intersection where motherfuckers always be doing this:

in my headcanon, this move is called "the funny shit." no, the FUNNY shit.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Losperman

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on April 30, 2019, 11:39:26 AM
also holy shit lopsermen is back

oh hai

Quote from: Slurpee on April 30, 2019, 09:19:41 PM
hi losperman I missed you :*

I missed you too! Except... are we friends on social media? I'm friends with several clocks but I've forgotten who's who at this point.  :o

Also, yeah, I was thinking "am I supposed to be rooting for Eggman? Because I think I'm rooting for Eggman" when I saw that trailer.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

VCRClock

addendum:

• google comes up with nothing, but I definitely made a clock crew post once about the urkel/sonic/autism conspiracy
  • please donate to my indiegogo for a feature length "Sonic Says" film
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

oh man I read the sonic archie comics and after a while it turned into god awful soap opera bullshit. worse than any fan stuff afterwards, because this was the dark mold all further horrors were cast from. like, that was the whole comic after a while no robotnik or the other guy they fought in the comics unless it was just a vehicle for more bad soap opera shit. sometimes archie would go into soap opera bullshit but they would publish different digests for serious archie or jughead eats hamburgers archie. here it just sorta took over. I think the guy behind that got fired and tried to write his own books about his echidna fan characters. in fact I think I posted about that once and that might have been during the same line of conversation vcr posted his urkel conspiracy in, I'm pretty sure I remember that post too.

Slurpee

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on April 30, 2019, 11:34:06 PM
being set in some sort of realistic world never really felt like an issue with sonic adventure. the story is kinda corny but that's about it. and it's earnestly so, like a big dumb fun anime.
yes he immediately became extremely uncool that is what I said!!

it wasn't immediate immediate but that's just hangtime
it's like oasis' third album
I've never even listened to it, I just know that, in retrospect, oasis was cool, and then their third album came out, and then they were just never cool again
Quote from: VCRClock on May 01, 2019, 12:55:38 AM
somewhere out there, there's a ytp I can't fucking find that uses this scene (10:15) from the sonic saturday morning cartoon:
[u2]fOcpVqTYP8k?t=10m14s[/u2]
I think that was one of Koala's
"Robonik gives sally the aids"

looks like it's gone (there's another one with the same title but it's not by him and it's not the same and it's not as good)
Quote from: Losperman on May 01, 2019, 12:55:57 AM
I missed you too! Except... are we friends on social media? I'm friends with several clocks but I've forgotten who's who at this point.  :o
nope I am an enigma to all
except topcatyo who somehow pm'd me on facebook one time
Quote from: Losperman on May 01, 2019, 12:55:57 AM
Also, yeah, I was thinking "am I supposed to be rooting for Eggman? Because I think I'm rooting for Eggman" when I saw that trailer.
omg right?
sonic is like is invading alien force that wiped out power in the entire pacific northwest and robotnik is funnyman jim carrey playing an eccentric scientist brought in to save the day, goofing around and not respecting authority
it's so weird

Slurpee

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on May 01, 2019, 01:26:36 AM
I think the guy behind that got fired and tried to write his own books about his echidna fan characters. in fact I think I posted about that once and that might have been during the same line of conversation vcr posted his urkel conspiracy in, I'm pretty sure I remember that post too.
ken penders lol

yeah he's worth a google when you're in the mood for
a uh

delightful eccentric

Slurpee

I googled "ken penders" to make sure I had the right guy

yep, everything seems to be in order

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on May 01, 2019, 01:28:19 AM
it's like oasis' third album
I've never even listened to it, I just know that, in retrospect, oasis was cool, and then their third album came out, and then they were just never cool again
I just cant take oasis seriously to begin with. I just can't hear wonderwall or champagne supernova without laughing. apparently that was the second album, I don't even remember the first album, does it have sonic 2 spindash or sonic cd spindash?

Quote from: Slurpee on May 01, 2019, 01:40:26 AM

ahahahahahahahaha

Losperman

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on May 01, 2019, 01:42:48 AMI just cant take oasis seriously to begin with. I just can't hear wonderwall or champagne supernova without laughing. apparently that was the second album, I don't even remember the first album, does it have sonic 2 spindash or sonic cd spindash?

Yeah, I always found them to be a joke. I loved the irony of the them being watered down Beatles clones and then when being accused of it one of the dumbass brothers copied John's "bigger than Jesus" thing by claiming to be bigger than the Beatles. Dude. The point. You proved it.
Sig by {{{Zombie Lincoln}}}

:capn: BUSTAS! :capn:

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on April 30, 2019, 11:34:06 PM
there was a lot of genuine creativity and heart put into the SA games and they outright reveled in the cornyness in SA2. The gameplay had some quirks common to 3d gameplay at the time but they were trying so many new things to make it their big fuck you game for the then next generation that I could forgive six separate gameplay styles not being perfect. sonic heroes got rid of the kinks but also the character and creativity, I fell out of the 3D games after that.

https://youtu.be/_4yDVKidRqA?t=2m55s

I swear to God we used to be able to post u2 tags with timestamps

PhantomCatClock

It hurts to say this, but maybe we should've trus

Wait, that's not the correct wording

Maybe Japan shouldn't've trusted anyone else to make a Sonic movie.-

VCRClock

Quote from: Slurpee on May 01, 2019, 01:40:26 AM

jesus

but wow, dude's living the dream. gets paid to draw sonic oc's, and copyrights them (do not steal) so hard that it fucks up continuity, archie comics massacres their legal team, and sega has to specifically forbid anyone else at archie comics from living the dream. highlights from some sonic wiki:

• Sonic is not allowed to “lose”. He can be 'put down' and experience hardship but is not allowed to completely 'fail'.
  • Main and/or significant characters are forbidden in forming intimate or love-relationships. ACP-exclusive characters are permitted however (Bunnie and Antoine) but not with Sega's characters (Sonic the Hedgehog and Sally Acorn).

200 verboten characters include anti-penelope platypus:
QuoteAnti-Penelope is the Moebius counterpart of Penelope Platypus. She was briefly in a relationship with Anti-Sonic, but unlike Anti-Bunnie Rabbot, she did not join the Anti-Freedom Fighters in search of vengeance. Anti-Bunnie broke up with Scourge after she learned the infidelity with Anti-Penelope.[1]

Trivia

• Anti Penelope was never actually seen, only mentioned in dialogue.

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

I hope he looks exactly the same but they give him gloves and at some point in the movie he takes them off and the fur underneath is still white

PhantomCatClock

I'm worried that Sonic looking like shit will actually turn out to be the only thing wrong with this iteration of the movie, SIGH

RenegadeClock

When did this crew become the Sonic Hentai Circle-jerk?

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RenegadeClock on May 03, 2019, 12:26:44 AM
When did this crew become the Sonic Hentai Circle-jerk?
there was a shareholders meeting about it last week. "we're moving in a new direction with the organisation and we hope the entire homogang family will come with us on this journey." - 49% clock crew shareholder steve ballsmer

GreyClock

I have a working penis.

It's like an investment banker or something.