News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

Max is taking the time to weigh if paying $200/mo to keep it running is worth it

so no, in a couple of days, ytmnd will be declared dead

VCRClock

real talk: I haven't been anywhere near a ytmnd in over 10 years and don't really feel like I'm losing any content I would have a use for going forward
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

zl

Quote from: VCRClock on May 18, 2019, 08:33:42 AM
real talk: I haven't been anywhere near a ytmnd in over 10 years and don't really feel like I'm losing any content I would have a use for going forward

it BELONGS in a MUSEUM

Marlin Clock

I don't want to post a thread in the appropriate forum (cause, let's be honest, there should only be two forums at this point anyway) so here we go:

I regret letting my friends talk me into watching Game of Thrones in college, that was so lame. Show went downhill the moment the writers committed the character assassination of Stannis Baratheon.

RobClock

we collectively as a populous should have known GRRM was never going to finish the book series in time for the show to have a proper conclusion. things went off the rails five years ago and at that stage hope for the future should have been eliminated entirely.

VCRClock

SOME DAYS I REGRET THE DAY I MADE ERIN ESURANCE MY WAIFU BUT I HAVE TO HOLD ON FOR OUR KIDS KIM PLAUSIBLE AND CHICO AT LEAST UNTIL THEY FINISH SCHOOL
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: RobClock on May 20, 2019, 01:31:43 PM
we collectively as a populous should have known GRRM was never going to finish the book series in time for the show

I don't know about the rest of that, but I knew THIS immediately upon learning there were two books left and it took him forever to write them, and I neither watch nor read GoT

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: VCRClock on May 20, 2019, 11:43:17 PM
SOME DAYS I REGRET THE DAY I MADE ERIN ESURANCE MY WAIFU BUT I HAVE TO HOLD ON FOR OUR KIDS KIM PLAUSIBLE AND CHICO AT LEAST UNTIL THEY FINISH SCHOOL
I dont really have a response to this I just want it on the next page.

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 21, 2019, 04:19:02 AM
Quote from: RobClock on May 20, 2019, 01:31:43 PM
we collectively as a populous should have known GRRM was never going to finish the book series in time for the show

I don't know about the rest of that, but I knew THIS immediately upon learning there were two books left and it took him forever to write them, and I neither watch nor read GoT
same. it's hilarious seeing this sort of thing happen in western media though. usually it's exclusively an anime thing. is there any other western property that got this treatment? they catch up to the source material midway through and then just fuck off into their own story? I wanna say there is but I'm drawing a blank.

RobClock

Here’s season 8 cut down for you busy adult people with better things to do than waste a decade of your life getting invested in a soap opera for 20-something nerds
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7HTGy5XsAEB_zS?format=jpg&name=large

PhantomCatClock

I've been watching actual soap operas at work on break because everybody there is fluent in spanish, and they are god damn fascinating

really super crazy HD, tooâ€"nicer than US shows I've seen, which is weird because it's just people walking around but whatever, it's cool looking. It's like the beta of digital

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

soap opera hd is almost eerie somehow. perfect clarity but something about it feels off.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on May 21, 2019, 04:43:16 PM
soap opera hd

It really does deserve its own phrase. How does Telemundo do it? How does Telemundo do it?

hypothesis: mexico is another reality that isn't as blurry and gritty as ours

VCRClock

I always thought it was that there was a specific school of lighting -- like ever been to Hobby Lobby? really fucking bright -- that's standard for soap operas but verboten for anything serious, and that's why you could see their pores

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on May 21, 2019, 02:46:03 PM
Here’s season 8 cut down for you busy adult people with better things to do than waste a decade of your life getting invested in a soap opera for 20-something nerds
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7HTGy5XsAEB_zS?format=jpg&name=large
I should have called Jon killing Dany for that exact reason. That was an oversight. The fact that she would turn into the villain was pretty obvious (CALLED IT BITCH), but it was just handled poorly. It needed more time to [I can't think of the right word] ferment? That's probably partly due to the shortened season(s) and the fact that it's a television show built around SHOCK VALUEâ,,¢. They needed something "SHOCKING" to end on, and this was it. The problem is that this was a pretty abrupt, internal change in the character, not unexpected external factors affecting the character in a shocking way (Ned and Red & Purple Wedding). This is the type of change in character that should have been slowly escalating over one or two seasons. There were small hints here and there, but it didn't feel earned. It's funny how they tried to lampshade it by Tyrion's (direct to camera) speech about how Dany has always done bad things that they (and by extension us, the viewers) just chose to ignore. Don't blame me for your shitty writing, fucknuts.

That's pretty much the problem with this entire wrap-up: too rushed. Certain elements are there and sort of make sense: Jon not becoming king either, considering the whole "flip a coin whenever a Targ is born" thing. You really want to keep doing that every generation after Jon? Semi-omnipotent Bran becoming FDR. "You guys go about your business... I got me a dragon to find." Whatever. Just ugh.

"and I shall call it... DEMOCRACY!" is what I said after Sam's little speech.

RobClock

Congratulations Renegade on the sex you had

ChocolateWaferClock

Quote from: RobClock on May 22, 2019, 06:45:20 AM

How can he fuck a girl if he has a little one?
Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

PhantomCatClock

RenegadeClock

Quote from: RobClock on May 22, 2019, 06:45:20 AM
Is that how it happened? Whoopsie!

RobClock

[u2]kC9-bfsNne8[/u2]

Simply magic. and its a fucking car commercial.

PhantomCatClock

We got it

we got the ending