News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patriotclock

Quote from: Slurpee on July 07, 2019, 05:19:40 PM
Quote from: PatriotClock on July 07, 2019, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: RobClock on July 05, 2019, 06:30:26 PM
How are you?
some lady smashed into the car behind me which smashed that car into mine and now my neck is sore tbh and I don’t care for it one bit
you might have whiplash
did you get her insurance information?

it ended up being like an 8 car accident so I gotta wait for dat police report to drop. just got the estimate 11k in damages and gonna take all month to repair thank god for insurance 🙌🏻🙌🏻

RobClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on July 08, 2019, 11:32:09 AM
lol was silver shamrock
lock legion was 500 dollar steakhouse

I knew silver shamrock was lol way back but I wasn’t certain. Norwegian always got a laugh out of me.

Quote from: PatriotClock on July 08, 2019, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: Slurpee on July 07, 2019, 05:19:40 PM
Quote from: PatriotClock on July 07, 2019, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: RobClock on July 05, 2019, 06:30:26 PM
How are you?
some lady smashed into the car behind me which smashed that car into mine and now my neck is sore tbh and I don’t care for it one bit
you might have whiplash
did you get her insurance information?

it ended up being like an 8 car accident so I gotta wait for dat police report to drop. just got the estimate 11k in damages and gonna take all month to repair thank god for insurance 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Well thank Christ you’re alright. Hope your insurance premium doesn’t get rammed up your ass over this. No fault of your own, obviously, but insurance brokers are scum.

RobClock

This is some monkey’s paw shit https://twitter.com/dccomics/status/1148335824540438528?s=21
Bring back Legion of Super-Heroes, Bendis as a writer  :myretinas:

PhantomCatClock

I've only liked one thing DC's done since the Cartoon Network Batman, (and granted, as a not-a-fan I wasn't exactly giving them a lot of opportunities to impress me), but

I'm sorry

PhantomCatClock

the glove finger looks cool at least, even if it has more personality than that superman

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I loved all the DCAU stuff from batman to justice league unlimited. idk if zeta project was any good it's been too long. the writers kept going for tv movies with their own continuity separate from the show or any of the comics but I stopped paying attention to those. I do remember Under the Red Hood being good. If you liked BTAS it's worth checking out. it's real good shit. I think the last time I paid attention to DC comics proper was during that big green lantern thing where they introduced the other colors. marvel I can't even remember. It doesn't sound like either of them have done anything great in almost a decade. I only hear about the disasters lol. I wouldn't trust either of them with their own franchises. oh well at least I've got one punch man and my hero academia to scratch that itch. mha is more like x men evolution half the time rather than any of the actual comics though. did they ever do any worthwhile xmen cartoons after that? I loved the first one and evolution as a kid.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

also get well patriot clock 1like=1prayer get that neck looked at

RobClock

DC Rebirth was a great time to be a Superman fan. Action Comics was fairly meh but Tomsai’s run on Superman was fantastic and Supersons was an absolute treat. I jumped ship after AC 1000 though because they gave complete control of big blue to that bald headed shitheel.

Marvel has been a disaster for years now, movie synergy is top priority and decent stories has taken a backseat to pushing Z-listers to prep the audience for what’s coming down the pipeline for MCU development.

VCRClock

$11k sounds like a 1999 Daewoo Leganza, a neck brace and a lllottt of 7-Eleven pizza to me
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

patriotclock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on July 08, 2019, 06:03:51 PM
also get well patriot clock 1like=1prayer get that neck looked at

:duelin: :duelin: :duelin:

Slurpee

I'm just gonna put this out there: The Shining is about the timelessness of violence. that's it. that's what it's about

jack hurt the kid before they went there, the previous caretaker killed his family, they go, jack tries to kill his family. he was violent before, the place was violent before, he's violent now, it's violent now. that's the skeleton of the film, and when you just think about the rest of it in terms of what that implies- ie that the movie is just saying that violence is timeless- everything snaps into place. the ghost bartender saying jack's always been the caretaker, the photo of jack showing he was there before, the thing about the genocide of the american indians, it's all just, the timelessness of violence, all of it. the psychic powers are just victims of violence recognizing the warning signs. forget the impossible spaces and discontinuity, that's all just for unsettling you. everything in the content of the movie- the lady in the tub aging into a monstrous old hag, the flashes of the young twins wanting to play forever but ending up in a bloody heap, the literal rivers of blood, shelly duvall seeing the place in cobwebs, the ghost bartender being racist- all falls into place*

I liked the documentary Room 237 but I have no idea why people think it's about minotaurs and faking the moon landing and shit other than there's something wrong with them. they don't have like intermediate media literacy or something, the last shot pretty much seals it. as long as you're not thinking in literal terms (where it doesn't make sense) it has to be symbolic, and... it can only mean one possible thing! I see people joking about it not making any sense, and, like, duh, yes, it's not supposed to make literal sense, it's dream logic, it's there to leave you with a haunting, surreal image of violence out of time, an impression of inevitability and the indelible dark side of human nature... and it succeeds! everybody walks out of the theater feeling this, even if they don't know thta that's what they're feeling

okay. I did it. I solved the shining. everybody can shut up about it forever now

oh nooooooooooo!

*except for the fursuit blowjob, that I don't know.

RobClock

[u2]zjnhRz_GP3c[/u2]

Clock day is the most magical day of the year

GreyClock

Hope there's no band called Iron Fury.

PhantomCatClock

Yeah, it's only one R away from

ion furry

GreyClock

I've never heard word one about Ion Maiden except from Rob (granted, I'm not that "with it") and after I posted the above I went to my go-to news site and there was a goddamn story about it. Not bad publicity-wise.

Apparently there's a series of books called Iron Fury MC:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/215923-iron-fury-mc

Which isn't all that interesting, but it's a segue to something that I've been meaning to ask: what in the wide world of fuck is up with books like that? Is anyone familiar? It's like the literary tumor that is Fifty Shades of Grey has metastasised. There's so many of them, with terrible cover art (random pictures of abs mostly) and even worse premises and there's an army of women reading them, according to Goodreads. I saw one lady who read like 300... THIS YEAR ALONE. What's wrong in your life?

RobClock

RenegadeClock

Quote from: Slurpee on July 11, 2019, 02:59:58 AM
I'm just gonna put this out there: The Shining is about the timelessness of violence. that's it. that's what it's about

[u2]-ZRUZzZPGto[/u2]

RobClock

https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1149108647676522497?s=21

This shit is absolutely repulsive. So lifeless and generic, lacking any kind of artistic spark, nothing even so far as interesting camera placement. Disney needs to die at this point, it’s macabe.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

stale, lifeless, guaranteed to make obscene money, yep, that's a disney live action remake for you.

can't wait to see Lilo & Stitch Mulan and Hercules get the same treatment in the 2020s. they're obviously gonna skip home on the range. maybe they'll ruin the rescuers or fantasia after? frozen could be milked further with a live action remake.

speaking of disney shit the star wars theme park is entirely food and shops. the food isn't even good. there's one ride and it's just a video game in a slightly smaller than you'd expect millenium falcon. also it's all sequel stuff except the merch. extra sad considering universal japan's nintendo park looks real nice from the leaks.

apparently the donkey kong roller coaster has some kind of stilt mechanism so it can have real tracks below and fake rickety looking tracks where the rider thinks the wheels are, so it can simulate jumps like the real mine kart levels.

NintendrCkolc

Quote from: RobClock on July 11, 2019, 10:51:09 PM
https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1149108647676522497?s=21

This shit is absolutely repulsive. So lifeless and generic, lacking any kind of artistic spark, nothing even so far as interesting camera placement. Disney needs to die at this point, it’s macabe.

Super disappointing. I was actually kinda looking forward to this remake. The Lion King is tops for me. What a shame.

Quote from: Floundermancan't wait to see Lilo & Stitch Mulan and Hercules get the same treatment in the 2020s.

The new Mulan is apparently going to be it's own thing. Like they're actually re-working the story to be more historically accurate, removing characters and songs for a more traditional story. Might be OK, we'll see.