News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

as long aswe're here i'm hust going start colectig precous moment

"love is" cartoons also acepted here

IT"S MY WBESITE
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Slurpee

this reference completely flew over my head for like 22 years, I am pretty sure because in 1975 the entire world quietly agreed to pretend Love Is never happened, and the simpsons staff were the only only ones who dared break the covenant (and were ever after cursed to not be as funny as they used to be)

I am also pretty sure that the thing that wrought love is back upon the world was, wikipedia. I have no evidence to support any of this, it just seems like it's probably true, to me

also vcr are you 60

RobClock

That naked boy looks like a chibi Lupin III

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

Speaking of good music, the only mention of the "I Staple Tapeworms on my Penis" guy on all of Wikipedia, from what I can tell, is a first name mention on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Treweeke that say "yeah, he was born"

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on July 21, 2019, 05:55:13 PM
Speaking of good music, the only mention of the "I Staple Tapeworms on my Penis" guy on all of Wikipedia, from what I can tell, is a first name mention on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernon_Treweeke that say "yeah, he was born"

well the last time anyone argued about whether or not such a page should exist was 2005, so you could always assemble a handful of outside music journalism sources and attempt to convince a gaggle of wikipedia editors that a self-published musician whose website implores visitors to "check discogs here and help update the info cos they keep blocking  me" meets Wikipedia:Notability standards

I mean "Tapeworms on My Penis" is like, twice the cultural zeitgeist anthem "Reach Out of the Darkness" ever was, so it deserves at least two wikipedia articles
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

the episode of Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy keeps making wishes in his sleep and waking up to a nightmare life was a warning for Alexa-enabled smart homes

RobClock

I made a thread over on NG to drum up hype for Clock Day, get you guys to bump it? Providing you remember your passwords

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1443434

JambaClock

PhantomCatClock

WoW Classic
Global Release In
Days
Hours
Mins
Secs

PhantomCatClock

i was going to the Peter concert but that same arena had both Peter Rabbit and Peter Cottontail and I couldn't remember which one my friends would be at so I just went home

RobClock

went to the beach today, it was pretty groovy. Water was cold but i had been out in the sun all day so it was very refreshing.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RobClock on July 28, 2019, 05:39:28 PM
went to the beach today, it was pretty groovy. Water was cold but i had been out in the sun all day so it was very refreshing.

ALL GLORY TO THE SOVEREIGN BEACH STATE OF ROBSSHIRTIA. ALL CITIZENS NOT WEARING BASEBALL CAPS WILL BE PURGED. THOSE WEARING THEM BACKWARDS WILL BE "REEDUCATED."

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

also I just beat nier. I could just go on and on about the little issues in the gameplay. and I'm gonna. it's gonna be as tedious as the item farming in this game is dont read it. I didn't notice until now how much nier automata fixed what nier  1 had issues with, or how much they improved what was already good. I remember thinking to myself "if I have go ALL THE WAY to the lost shrine and go through the whole fucking thing again I'm gonna scream". then I find that the second "kaine" playthrough doesnt actually let you play as kaine (I thought I glitched the game at first) and the first actualy gameplay segment is that fucking temple again. you start in the middle of the game too, and you gotta do the awful block puzzles again! you aint sokoban bitch. you aint chips challenge. stop trying to be. I screamed for three hours straight until someone called the cops. after my lawyer john q floundermanenberg bailed me out of jail I finished it.

the second and third playthroughs are super disappointing after how automata's equivalent actually gave you a completely different viewpoint and context for the story on the second, and an outright sequel to 1 and 2 in the third. you do get a little of what the second game does. the little things they add still recontextualize certain events, but they clearly didn't have enough time to do more than a few bits. and the third playthrough is literally nothing new until you beat the final boss. I can see why it was only a niche thing until automata came along.  there's a constant feeling of "man this could be AMAZING if you just changed some stuff slightly". instead it's just good. pretty damn good actually. I know I'm being super critical but I really enjoyed my time with it until the third playthrough (why not just fold that into the second playthrough holy crap). they clearly ran out of money and time when making the second playthrough, with the third being literally nothing until the end. but you can see a glimpse of what it was supposed to be. like kaine's initially weird out of place comment about a shade being a shade. well duh. but then in the second you realize she can hear what the shades are saying and is trying to convince herself it's just a mindless monster. and tyrann was great but underutilized. in a properly fleshed out kaine mode he could have really shined. he's like a less truely evil version of that dude who possesses you in penumbra black plague

speaking of which the characters are absolutely great. weiss kaine and emil are so much fun to listen to. weiss and kaine are hilarious assholes and still great friends to fuck up heartless shades with, and emil is an adorable military abomination who balances the group out. best rpg party ever. kaine is my favorite but weiss is the most fun to talk to. the writing really carries this game since the initially good exploration dies out halfway through and turns into constant backtracking because they only made a couple areas. automata did that too but actually made the same areas feel fresh to return to where as this game gets real tedious. also if you beat a boss too fast you dont get all the dialogue, and only some bosses have their health bar stop going down until they finish talking. others just cut off the entire line of conversation so you have to run away from them half the fight if you wanna get everything. but I kept doing all this tedious crap because I'm too god damn invested in it all. also the plot is good, not as good as the sequel but very close. especially towards the end. worldbuilding is equally good if not better but I gotta play drakengard to know why all this shit happened adfasdfadsf. all in all it's a real good single dad/tulip farming simulator I really enjoyed the experience. FINAL SCORE: 9 tucked in dicks out of 11 just like nier's birthday.

might play drakengard some day but I'm prob gonna need a turbo controller for the button mashing bullshit I know it's gonna be. if it's really fucking tedious I might even break down and watch a no commentary playthrough on youtube like an animal.

now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go listen to kaine escape for the 8th time today and read the nier short stories.

Slurpee

yessss the characters are the best they are my children I adopted them
when kaine and emil talk about camping together outside of the town,
and how her attitude starts to rub off on him?
the best

also
WEISS
YOU DUMBASS
START MAKING SENSE YOU ROTTEN BOOK OR etc etc, so fucking good
iirc the voice cast is largely unknowns so it's kind of insane how good they are. emil was a little cloying at first but by the end of it he was breaking my heart, and kaine and weiss, god damn

I honestly forgot tyrann was even a character

also I want to stress how tangential the connection to drakengard is: it is very, very tangential

also your remark about tulip farming brought back some painful memories. I think I straight up just gave up on the pink moonflower sidequest. fuck it! fuck you! no pink moonflowers for you!!! no pink moonflowers for anybody!!!!!!!!

just out of curiosity, what was your reaction when you met emil and he wasn't a spooky skeleton monster?

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on July 29, 2019, 11:37:52 PM
yessss the characters are the best they are my children I adopted them
when kaine and emil talk about camping together outside of the town,
and how her attitude starts to rub off on him?
the best
that's specifically the part I wanted to see in the "kaine playthrough" and was disappointed when I didn't get to. it's one of my favorite character moments, if not my favorite.

also
WEISS
YOU DUMBASS
START MAKING SENSE YOU ROTTEN BOOK OR etc etc, so fucking good
iirc the voice cast is largely unknowns so it's kind of insane how good they are. emil was a little cloying at first but by the end of it he was breaking my heart, and kaine and weiss, god damn
you cant press start fast enough to escape WEISS YOU DUMBASS every time you boot up the game. By the end i couldn't imagine booting up the game without it. I'm gonna remember that for the rest of my life. Some of the absolute best voice performances I've heard were from nobodies, rather than some dude who only gets work because he gets work. that's networking for you. I want a whole game that's just kaine and weiss arguing while nier rolls his eyes at them. speaking of him, I feel I wouldn't like him nearly as much if I was playing the brother version. being a dad just makes the whole thing more meaningful than it could have been. apparently yoko taro says both versions are canon somehow?

Quote from: Slurpee on July 29, 2019, 11:37:52 PMI honestly forgot tyrann was even a character
tyrann is super forgettable since he talks all of three times but he has a full character arc at least and I love kaine's last conversation with him in the shadowlord's castle. you can really tell it was supposed to be more. like a lot of the game. still great though.

also I want to stress how tangential the connection to drakengard is: it is very, very tangential
idgaf I wanna see whatever dragon and giant fucked up the world. also the weapon stories referencing it have me super interested. you have to read the weapon stories outside the game though what the hell is that. apparently people yelled at him so much he brought it back in drakengard 3. not buying a ps3 for that shit though lol. that and demons souls can't sell a console to me. I'll wait ten years for ps3 emulation to be barely acceptable. I hear it runs like ass on real hardware anyways.

also your remark about tulip farming brought back some painful memories. I think I straight up just gave up on the pink moonflower sidequest. fuck it! fuck you! no pink moonflowers for you!!! no pink moonflowers for anybody!!!!!!!!
lol me too fuck that nonsense. you have to wait real world hours for that shit, there's a short time window for the seeds, and it's a 20% chance at best of getting the fusion flower. then you gotta do it again with the new ones which you have a limited number of already. and they want fucking TEN of them. I looked it up and the reward was like 3000 gold or something fuck you mask person fuck you to hell. the quest implies you're finding desert roses, which would actually make sense if you're finding "life in the desert" but no you bring in shit from your own farm. by the last four side quests I had unfinished I realized they weren't gonna be like the lighthouse lady quest with a plotline and a hard choice. unlike automata where that's damn near every side quest. oh so the pig farmer wants me to grind a bunch of machine oil and titanium to fix his kitchen he personally broke and now his wife is mad at him I just gotta help. I hope your wife divorces you you piece of shit. also if I ever hear the world "eagle egg" in a video game I'm gonna throw the console out the window. level 2 phoenix spear is enough for me. never again. I feel like those masochists who got all of Poo's equipment in Earthbound. I got the sword in that game by sheer chance I had no idea how rare it was.

just out of curiosity, what was your reaction when you met emil and he wasn't a spooky skeleton monster?
"oh huh, so he's gonna put the mask on later like yoko taro does for interviews I guess he has to learn his powers or something? he's not interesting just yet"
*middle middle middle*
"oh my god no"
"stop crying emil it's okay"
*laterlaterlater*
"I really like this character now"
*risingactionrisingactionrisingaction*
*semifinalbossfight*
"I dont want to die"
*bloop*
nooooooooooooooOOOOOASDFASDFHDASFHASDFAAAAAAAAAARGH
*secondplaythrough*
*aftercredits*
smiled so hard my jaw exploded

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

speaking of god awful grinding for items you know who does it right? etrian odyssey. you dont grind for them, you can grind for levels but that gives you an immediate reward not like items where most fights were completely a waste of time. here you have to fulfill a certain condition in a fight to get the item rather than fight 1000 rats to get a rare rat ballsack instead of a regular one. defeat with bash damage to break a creature's horn, cut damage to get the horn intact. bind it's legs then kill it for it's claws. etc.

the stories in those games are nothing special but if you like first person dungeon crawling it's a lot of fun and way more acessible than the old stuff like wizardry and might &magic. the battle system and character customization is strategic and fun and the map making is strangely enjoyable. you can make it mostly automatic if you outright hate it. I recommend you don't though, doing your own map makes it feel like a proper adventure through an uncharted land. actually the story was good in etrian oddyssey untold 2, well not the story but the characters and their interactions. bertrand is the best. the story is just your average take the special chosen girl around to fix shit and save the world though there's a little twist on that halfway through that I liked.

Slurpee

Slurpee

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on July 30, 2019, 01:21:20 AMspeaking of him, I feel I wouldn't like him nearly as much if I was playing the brother version. being a dad just makes the whole thing more meaningful than it could have been. apparently yoko taro says both versions are canon somehow?
as I understand it bro nier gets gruffer as the game goes on, and it's supposed to show how bad things get and how much of himself he's losing, as opposed to dad nier who starts out already incredibly gruff and over time just gets even more gruff

also yeah that sounds like something yoko taro would say

GreyClock

Is Nier a cool word/name if you don't know it means kidney in Dutch?

To me it reads like: let's play spleen tonight! No, I prefer pancreas, its multiplayer system is far superior.