News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyClock

What are your experiences with falling asleep on the couch with a cold beer in your hand, spilling it on yourself and waking up because of it?

Specifically, the sensation. It happened to me a couple of times in the past few weeks and for some reason it's a cold (no shit), somehow hard and gross feeling on the area of the spill. I tried recreating it by pouring cold beer on my shirt just now and it just feels like cold liquid. Not hard and gross at all. I can't really explain the "hard" part any better, maybe it's like a slab of ice being pressed against the area? I also think it feels "hollow" somehow. Not in any emotional sense like "woe I passed out drunk on the couch", I mean it purely in a physical way. Then again, I'm not really sure why it would feel different while awake, if it's just physical. The surprise perhaps? Discuss...

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on August 04, 2019, 03:36:45 PM
What are your experiences with falling asleep on the couch with a cold beer in your hand, spilling it on yourself and waking up because of it?
none, but I admire the optimism of even asking about such a specific scenario

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

GreyClock

I'm gonna use that VCR!

Quote from: Slurpee on August 04, 2019, 06:54:35 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on August 04, 2019, 03:36:45 PM
none, but I admire the optimism of even asking about such a specific scenario
Wine cooler/jagermeister/white wine/red wine/vodka/vodka red bull/7&7... milk?

I don't know... is it really that specific?

Show of hands.

Slurpee

it still seems pretty specific but I don't speak for everybody

RobClock

I’ve done it but slept through the spill not sure that counts

Slurpee

I got a pair of Beats Studio3's as a gift

I never would have bought them myself, but apparently I am developing a reputation in my family for being the guy with the headphones (I do listen to music a lot but tbh most of the time I'm just listening to white noise to help me concentrate because my brain is broken)

anyway they're a nifty gadget, the w1 chip is really impressive, instant connection, low battery consumption, perfect wireless audio/video sync, controls are simple and intuitive, and the active noise canceling is like magic,
*but*
I would just like to confirm firsthand that the audio quality is, in fact, shit. it is not just a snobby audiophile meme, everything everybody says about Beats favoring the bass way too much are absolutely right. even just regular human speech sounds muffled. the on ear momentum 1's I've been using for like 6 years and got for like $40 have way better sound quality than this $350 let's-be-honest fashion accessory, and I don't want to seem ungrateful but who the hell just gives somebody $350 headphones without even asking? what is wrong with my family
is it an asian thing? one of those weird passive-aggressive joy luck club guilt trip things I never understood? it's... oh my god it's so much money. when I was living off my savings I'd buy a 15 lbs bag of russet potatoes for $5 and feed myself for a week. these headphones could have bought 1,050 pounds of potatoes. I'd be a king! a god!

ChocolateWaferClock

Currently using Bose noise canceling headphones and I can hear Paul McCartney coughing in the studio. 10/10 probably going deaf.
Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

yeah that's my experience with beats too. it's everything they say it is. even if they weren't twice what they should actually cost (lolbranding) I wouldn't recommend them. my grandpa sure liked em though lol. bose are way too expensive if you just want audio quality. but if it's the noise cancelling you want that's absolutely the way to go. as far as I know nobody does it better, and the sound quality aint too shabby either. otherwise I was always partial to sennheiser. audio technica and grado are good too though. yet their cheap stuff is crap compared to other cheap brands. must be a different knowledge set for making acceptable 10-20 dollar earbuds.

PhantomCatClock

today's daily dare game is ultimate bullshit 2

PhantomCatClock

So a few years ago I was offered a position at the computer lab at the school where my mom teaches, because I happened to overhear a teacher's personal computer problem and I fixed it in like one minute (the IT guy had problems with it, but in fairness, I'm used to shitty cheap hardware and I was familiar with the issue). Not really related work, but it was foot in the door. I didn't take it.

A month ago, I'm told by a few teachers that the position is open again, so I apply. It'll be perfectâ€"since I'm carpooling, I'll be there two hours early every day to make exciting fun shit (WE know I'd probably be too lazy to make anything past one little game, but the interviewer does not). Half the teachers know me and I've helped a handful move their heavy things, which, let's be honest, will end up being part of the job anyway. I'll get to work at the same place as my mom the year before she retires, doing something I actually give a shit about, even if half of it will be teaching typing, and I'll have my foot in the door to getting a real computer job for the county back home, if I wanted. I would've liked to move back. Bought new shoes, a new shirt, got a haircut, took time off from work, got an E-mail saying the principal was interviewing someone for a bus driver position, didn't think he could handle the job, and offer him this computer lab position before I even applied but he couldn't take down the job listing because that is illegal in California.

I know my skills aren't worth much, but you'd rather have a retard who can't handle a bus than my fringe abilities for free. It's this principal's first year. You save the under-the-table early job offers for the perfect teacher, not this shitty position and especially not to someone who didn't even apply for it. I feel like such a stupid asshole.

PhantomCatClock

I've given myself a migraine because all I've done for two days is think about this and drink water. Back to Clock Day prep, I guess.

RobClock

That is a sick and cruel joke dealt to you Pcat I am seriously sorry

VCRClock

yes wow that's unbelievably shitty

but hopefully you're still in touch with people at the school, so they can tell you if it turns out that someone who can't handle a school bus also can't handle a school bus full of computers. have you ever worked somewhere and they hire someone new, and they're totally incompetent, and the problem isn't that they're new, it's actually just how they are all the time? and then management tries to conserve resources and/or avoid both an awkward conversation ("you suck and I feel sorry for you"), and paying unemployment, by moving newguy to a different position and hoping they suck less?

obviously their decision to offer the job to this person had nothing to do with you, so all there is to feel dumb about is buying a haircut and clothes you're going to want anyway.

I hope something else comes up that doesn't feel like clowning for low hanging fruit.
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

ChocolateWaferClock

Jesus Christ. That is the single lowest dick punch I’ve ever heard of. I know it doesn’t mean even the blackest shit, but I’m honestly sorry that you ended up getting the garbage end of the stick here. Goddamn.

Here’s to hoping a year from now we’re talking about that badass new job you got that made you glad to go to work. [insert whiskey]
Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

pcat the only rational option for you is to locate each of these teacher's mailboxes and stuff them with dog turds and thumbtacks.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

also this was an official nintendo publication.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Shitamachi_Ninj%C5%8D_Gekij%C5%8D

TRUE 100% MARIO CANON

Peach and Toad having oral sex

Mario catching Peach participating in oral sex

Peach attempting to give Mario an explanation

Mario stomping on Peach

Mario lighting his cigarette after attacking Peach

Bill Gates makes his entrance.

Bill Gates explains to Mario and Toad the true purpose of Windows 95.

RobClock

[u2]b2V9TFrmQ_Q[/u2]

These games are getting really... realistic

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on August 07, 2019, 10:17:46 AM
pcat the only rational option for you is to locate each of these teacher's mailboxes and stuff them with dog turds and thumbtacks.

the only teacher at that school whose address I know is my mother's and she lives really far away from me, but if I ever move back in with her our mailbox is getting so much shit

wait

Slurpee

late but condolences dude

also
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on August 06, 2019, 08:04:09 PM
, but in fairness, I'm used to shitty cheap hardware and I was familiar with the issue).

I know my skills aren't worth much,

I feel like such a stupid asshole
resist this temptation to put yourself down, that's the devil talking

people don't always see how bright they shine, because to them it's just how they are, but you've got things you don't even realize not everybody else has. when the world denies you an opportunity to shine, that's the world fucking up
that goes for all of you. you show sides of yourselves here that you don't even realize you're showing, but I see you and you're beautiful. don't you ever forget it
no homo