News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

I'm digging the .net homepage now that its got a proper background. The font/button style could be customized, and I'm slightly off-put by the Discord being ordered above the BBS, but whatever. Looks good!

Check my new window
https://imgur.com/a/NoewhyL

PhantomCatClock

Watching RobClock reviews has saved me some serious cash. now I know not to buy Blood. his negative review has opened my eyes

the harshest criticism he had to offer was "I wish I could breathe out my FUCKING NOSE" so consider this bullet DODGED

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on August 21, 2019, 11:47:13 AM
Watching RobClock reviews has saved me some serious cash. now I know not to buy Blood. his negative review has opened my eyes

the harshest criticism he had to offer was "I wish I could breathe out my FUCKING NOSE" so consider this bullet DODGED

buy the non-atari release for $5 and download NBlood https://forums.duke4.net/topic/10377-nblood-blood-port-running-on-eduke32-engine/
it's mod-compatible unlike Fresh Supply which is the game rebuilt from ground up on a new engine

I also appreciate the notion that you actually watched that video of me playing a game for the better part of an hour

PhantomCatClock

I actually skipped like ten minutes in with the intention to scrub around but then stayed for the whole 48 minutes so we're almost there

RobClock

I intended to make a similar video about Ion Fury, since I did one on the Preview Campaign, but I've yet to even launch the game. It's been a busy week.

RobClock

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on August 21, 2019, 03:34:58 AMso yeah, super intense songs from the perspective of crazed rapists, that's what I'm thinking about right now?

I guess it's just weird to me because normally when an artist tries to take the reader/viewer/player/listener/whatever into the mindset of somebody doing something horrible and repugnant it either fails completely or it succeeds and just makes me feel grossed out
music is apparently the one medium where instead for some reason my reaction is holy fuck that was so intense wowww. whoa. let me go tell the clock crew
Like that rad Nirvana song about a parrot or whatever. Or Pearl Jam's Daughter which is not about rape, but still pretty bleak and this dude was like "That's my favorite song, it reminds me of me and my daughters" and I'm like "You might really want to listen to those lyrics sometime, champ." Then again, maybe don't. Enjoy it, who cares. That Falco video really lays it on thick though... I hadn't heard it in forever, but the song itself isn't all that subtle either.

You know that feeling like there's an actual physical pain in the pit of your stomach? Is there a word for that? Gut-wrenching, in a literal sense, I guess. Webster's doesn't include that definition, but Urban Dictionary says: "[...] that your stomach feels knotted." Anywho, even though it sorta sucks and it doesn't happen that often, it's cool that a work of art can have such a powerful effect on you. I read Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground some years ago and the unnamed narrator was dogshit personified, so much so that I still get a muted version of that feeling thinking about him now.

Quote from: RobClock on August 21, 2019, 10:43:08 AMCheck my new window
https://imgur.com/a/NoewhyL
Now you'll be able to spot the ATF (or Canadian equivalent) when they inevitably assault your compound, David Koresh.

GreyClock

To expound on some things: do you understand German, Slurps? Like, you say "he's plain spoken" when to me, regardless of the lyrics, he sounds like a goddamn creep. Which is interesting.

Also, you said "music is apparently the one medium where instead for some reason my reaction is holy fuck that was so intense wowww. whoa. let me go tell the clock crew", which I interpreted as music being the only medium where you get the "intense wow" reaction, rather than it being the only medium where you want to tell us when such a reaction occurs. Right? Because I find that while with music it's easy to tear up and get goosebumps and all that shit. The gut-wrench is mostly reserved for long-form stuff like movies and literature. Hence my example. Although I've gotten it from looking at a single painting as well.

Okay, goodbye forever.

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on August 21, 2019, 01:11:36 PM
You know that feeling like there's an actual physical pain in the pit of your stomach? Is there a word for that? Gut-wrenching, in a literal sense, I guess. Webster's doesn't include that definition, but Urban Dictionary says: "[...] that your stomach feels knotted." Anywho, even though it sorta sucks and it doesn't happen that often, it's cool that a work of art can have such a powerful effect on you. I read Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground some years ago and the unnamed narrator was dogshit personified, so much so that I still get a muted version of that feeling thinking about him now.
I like the "knots in your stomach" idiom because it describes the feeling exactly
I think the feeling itself comes from sympathetic anxiety?

there should just be a word for it, though. like how you can get "the chills"
"ohh, I got the... dops. that song gave me dops"

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on August 21, 2019, 01:24:20 PM
To expound on some things: do you understand German, Slurps? Like, you say "he's plain spoken" when to me, regardless of the lyrics, he sounds like a goddamn creep. Which is interesting.
I don't understand as much german as somebody who actually understands german, but I understand enough to surprise a german-speaking customer

I just meant he wasn't singing, I guess? there are probably subtleties that are lost on me
for sure in the first verse I think he starts out sounding very plain-spoken. and as he gets more emotional in the build-up to the chorus it could go either way. like... Hotline Bling? lol. "ever since I left the city, youâ€"" like drake didn't mean to sound paternalistic and overinvested, it just happened that way. he thought he was making a song about caring

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on August 21, 2019, 01:24:20 PM
Also, you said "music is apparently the one medium where instead for some reason my reaction is holy fuck that was so intense wowww. whoa. let me go tell the clock crew", which I interpreted as music being the only medium where you get the "intense wow" reaction, rather than it being the only medium where you want to tell us when such a reaction occurs. Right? Because I find that while with music it's easy to tear up and get goosebumps and all that shit. The gut-wrench is mostly reserved for long-form stuff like movies and literature. Hence my example. Although I've gotten it from looking at a single painting as well.
right yeah

Slurpee

Slurpee

Quote from: Slurpee on August 21, 2019, 03:16:44 PMbut I understand enough to surprise a german-speaking customer
haben sie einen lichtbildausweis?

tienes una identificacion con foto?

avez-vou une photo d'identité?

mayroon ka bang photo ID?

aveti un ID foto?

*questioning look* *pointing at you* *bending hands inward toward chest* *c shape with dominant hand moved to flat palm of upright inward-facing non-dominant hand* *pinky up* *index finger up*

Slurpee

me, a checkout clerk: *learns rudimentary phrases and grammar in 6 different languages to do a better job*
*memorizes 10-digit upc codes for dozens of different products*
*patient, courteous, fast, efficient*
*described by coworkers as "phenomenal"*
annual performance review from my employer: 7/10

sometimes when I think about my old job I want to burn things

RobClock

SlurpeeClock? More like Herr Slurpensheister

RobClock

Quote from: miracle fruit on August 21, 2019, 05:19:39 PM
https://www.notjordanpeterson.com/

2 minute wait to type something, ten minute wait to hear it back. I just wanted to hear the lispy bastard say ‘strawberry clock’

Slurpee

Slurpee

Quote from: Slurpee on August 21, 2019, 06:51:09 PM
I don't remember what I typed
I know you were all on the edge of your seats
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0DyR07SUNL7

this would be an extremely powerful tool for making flash movies if I wasn't a cretinous deadbeat

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: Slurpee on August 21, 2019, 04:20:04 PM
me, a checkout clerk: *learns rudimentary phrases and grammar in 6 different languages to do a better job*
*memorizes 10-digit upc codes for dozens of different products*
*patient, courteous, fast, efficient*
*described by coworkers as "phenomenal"*
annual performance review from my employer: 7/10

sometimes when I think about my old job I want to burn things

is this a etsy enamel pin i can collect